Tyrone v Dublin for a place in the aisf. Omagh

Started by rrhf, July 15, 2018, 09:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

What stood out for me last year was how Dublin stretched Tyrone from sideline to sideline, allowing 1 on 1s when they went for it and exposing our defenders' inability to handle that.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

Quote from: ONeill on July 18, 2018, 01:22:54 PM
What stood out for me last year was how Dublin stretched Tyrone from sideline to sideline, allowing 1 on 1s when they went for it and exposing our defenders' inability to handle that.
O'Neill

do you not believe in Tyrone by 4 ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

shantygael

Quote from: Solo_run on July 18, 2018, 11:46:33 AM
As soon as they step foot off the bus the Dublin players will be looking around themselves mystified by this new world they have discovered.
Obviously you weren't in Omagh for the league game earlier in the year or you have the  memory of a goldfish.
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

ONeill

Quote from: seafoid on July 18, 2018, 01:25:05 PM
O'Neill

do you not believe in Tyrone by 4 ?

All depends on what I'm drinking.

omagh_gael

It'd be interesting to see how much narrower Healy Park is compared to Croke Park. Need to get the groundsman out and bring in the sidelines a further 5 metres on either side!

RedHand88

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 18, 2018, 01:29:09 PM

It'd be interesting to see how much narrower Healy Park is compared to Croke Park. Need to get the groundsman out and bring in the sidelines a further 5 metres on either side!

With all due respect this is the sort of thing we should be doing. Happens in other sports and is within the rules.

ONeill

Both 86m wide I think. Croke 2m longer. Move it til Dungannon.

Jayop

Quote from: shantygael on July 18, 2018, 01:25:28 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on July 18, 2018, 11:46:33 AM
As soon as they step foot off the bus the Dublin players will be looking around themselves mystified by this new world they have discovered.
Obviously you weren't in Omagh for the league game earlier in the year or you have the  memory of a goldfish.

Obviously you're not up to date with sarcasm or irony.

WT4E

Heard a rumour that my club will only get about 12 tickets for distribution - surely this is BS. I'd imagine theyll get 80-100

omagh_gael

Quote from: WT4E on July 18, 2018, 03:06:06 PM
Heard a rumour that my club will only get about 12 tickets for distribution - surely this is BS. I'd imagine theyll get 80-100

Has to be BS as I've literally just received a text from the club to say my request has been met in full and that's for 2 adults and 3 kids tickets. I wonder was it 12 seating tickets for distribution?

The Hill is Blue

Despite the attitude of many of the Tyrone lads on this forum that the "glass is half empty" I would not be at all confident of Dublin's prospects for this weekend. Remember that the Dubs are going for their fourth All Ireland title on the trot and the laws of physics would suggest that their charmed run of success can't go on forever. The day will come when they will stumble and there's no reason to believe that it won't be next Saturday.

The only thing that I would say to those who believe that this Dublin team might wilt under the pressure of a hostile "away" environment is that most of this team held on to win out against a fierce Mayo onslaught during the last ten minutes of last years All Ireland final - now that's pressure.     
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

snoopdog

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on July 18, 2018, 06:37:27 PM
Despite the attitude of many of the Tyrone lads on this forum that the "glass is half empty" I would not be at all confident of Dublin's prospects for this weekend. Remember that the Dubs are going for their fourth All Ireland title on the trot and the laws of physics would suggest that their charmed run of success can't go on forever. The day will come when they will stumble and there's no reason to believe that it won't be next Saturday.

The only thing that I would say to those who believe that this Dublin team might wilt under the pressure of a hostile "away" environment is that most of this team held on to win out against a fierce Mayo onslaught during the last ten minutes of last years All Ireland final - now that's pressure.     
Tyrone dont have a great rexord in their own ground. They would much prefer to be playing Dublin in clones.

BennyHarp

There's no doubting the bottle of this Dublin team. The only small question I have (or hope that I cling to) is that Dublin know they are going to make it through to the semi finals - barring an absolute miracle v Roscommon back at Croker. So how much do they really need to win this game on Saturday if it turns into a war of attrition? I'm hoping Tyrone will be running through the walls, not just to avenge the poor performance last year but also to give ourselves the upper hand going to a very difficult game in Ballybofey the following week. Its an old worn out phrase about who wants / needs it more? It has to be Tyrone in this particular game. I would worry if we met in a subsequent All Ireland final though.......we aren't going to beat you twice.
That was never a square ball!!

seafoid

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 18, 2018, 06:52:18 PM

There's no doubting the bottle of this Dublin team. The only small question I have (or hope that I cling to) is that Dublin know they are going to make it through to the semi finals - barring an absolute miracle v Roscommon back at Croker. So how much do they really need to win this game on Saturday if it turns into a war of attrition? I'm hoping Tyrone will be running through the walls, not just to avenge the poor performance last year but also to give ourselves the upper hand going to a very difficult game in Ballybofey the following week. Its an old worn out phrase about who wants / needs it more? It has to be Tyrone in this particular game. I would worry if we met in a subsequent All Ireland final though.......we aren't going to beat you twice.
Incumbents often destroy pretenders pour encourager les autres.
Dublin won't want to show any weakness in Omagh.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU