The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louth Exile

Quote from: Tankie on June 22, 2008, 11:41:18 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on June 22, 2008, 10:45:02 PM
Quote from: Tankie on June 22, 2008, 10:28:02 PM
Please stop bitching, i'd say that match got higher viewer numbers than the sunday game will get!

Does that mean the quality of the sport was better?? Probably does in your world  :D

god man open your eyes to the outside world!

Very intelligent response, I will reiterate the question, Does higher viewer numbers mean that the quality of the sport is better?
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

ONeill

Thon dark-haired blade had the hots for Tohill. The electricity was palpable.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Maguire01

Quote from: Louth Exile on June 22, 2008, 11:46:56 PM
Very intelligent response, I will reiterate the question, Does higher viewer numbers mean that the quality of the sport is better?
Of course it does! Just take music as another example - Westlife have a record breaking number of #1 singles, therefore the quality must be better than that of other music.  :P

ONeill

You have to admit though, Tohill looked well in his L'oreal blusher and Primark maroon shirt.

Maguire01

Quote from: ONeill on June 22, 2008, 11:56:52 PM
You have to admit though, Tohill looked well in his L'oreal blusher and Primark maroon shirt.
Quite possibly painstakingly sewn together by some poor child in India.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/7461496.stm

Tankie

Quote from: Louth Exile on June 22, 2008, 11:46:56 PM
Quote from: Tankie on June 22, 2008, 11:41:18 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on June 22, 2008, 10:45:02 PM
Quote from: Tankie on June 22, 2008, 10:28:02 PM
Please stop bitching, i'd say that match got higher viewer numbers than the sunday game will get!

Does that mean the quality of the sport was better?? Probably does in your world  :D

god man open your eyes to the outside world!

How and Who decides which sport is of better quality? You must except that people like soccer, you and I may not but there is a huge proportion of the population that does like the game.
Grand Slam Saturday!

5 Sams

Anybody else notice that Pat "de bollix" introuduced the highlights of Sat night's Ulster semi final as a game between Derry and "Armagh" :(
The Aristocrat Years

ONeill

Zapatista

Quote from: 5 Sams on June 23, 2008, 12:38:24 AM
Anybody else notice that Pat "de bollix" introuduced the highlights of Sat night's Ulster semi final as a game between Derry and "Armagh" :(

At the opening credits he also said Wexford are looking for their first final in half a decade. I could barely watch that crap last night. The way they keep switching to the birds eye view of 3 blokes on a couch didn't make any sense. The pass over from Pat to yer wan in a different room in the studio to get Tohills view didn't make any sense. He was sitting about 10 yards away and they had to shout across the room at each other. The freeze frame power point analyzes looked stupid and was more about the presentation than the game. Then the pass back to Pat to find Tohill on the couch with him. Then again jumping to and from the birds eye view. Stomach churning stuff. And again they spend as much time talking about referees as they do action.

Yes I Would

Embarassing stuff altogether.
That Spillane man is just too much of a redkneck to be anywhere near presenting.

Croí na hÉireann

Pat is gonna have to write his name down on a postit note and stick it to his head or else Tommy "Gain Line" Lyons is gonna be calling him Michael for the rest of the summer...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

orangeman

Is he deliberately calling him Michael ?

He was talking about some player last night and he said "that''s what is really good about a really good player !" FFS

Zapatista

Quote from: Yes I Would on June 23, 2008, 09:54:22 AM
Embarassing stuff altogether.
That Spillane man is just too much of a redkneck to be anywhere near presenting.

Puke TV

Jinxy

I thought Brolly going on about Peter McDonnells post-match comment about the donkey was priceless. ;D
Lyster looked a bit worried for a second!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

After watching over the weeknd, I believe TV3 do a better job than RTE. Better presenters,  analysists and no Spillanes. Didnt see the Sunday game though, not on "The Island"
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016