The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

I saw the clip of Brolly's rant. Basically he was allowed rant for 5 minutes and got increasingly more defensive and wouldn't let Spillane talk. I thought Pat was very restrained and was much more reasonable in the few points he was allowed to make.

All you have to do is look at the look on Brolly's horrible puss at the very end to know who came out the winner here. It was priceless  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w-68pdjSrk

seafoid

Brolly is very funny. He just plays with Spillane and can rise him at will. It's a bit like a version of Statler and Waldorf where Statler has the smarts and Waldorf doesn't. It must be great fun for Lyster to get paid for being a part of that. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Mike Sheehy

Yeah, he is funny. His impression of a drunk is dead on.

Hardy

Brolly's argument, in other words, is that when teams beat Kerry, they beat them narrowly and usually only get on top in the last ten minutes, but when Kerry win, they tend to win easily.

Seems to me that's not surprising for one of the best teams around and hardly qualifies as ground-breaking analysis.

DuffleKing

How can u watch SG in the north with the Rte player blocked?

armaghniac

QuoteHow can u watch SG in the north with the Rte player blocked?

The RTÉ player is not blocked in the North, only if your IP number does not indicate that it is in North will you have any problems.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

screenexile

Plus we get RTE2 through our skybox.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: DuffleKing on August 02, 2012, 11:09:19 AM

How can u watch SG in the north with the Rte player blocked?

Count yourself Lucky. I'd say the veiwing figures for the sunday game have falling to the floor so they set up last weeks Show just to get poeple talking about it again .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

rrhf

I think a good start would be to get bill o herlighy. Now there's a pro

Farrandeelin

Quote from: rrhf on August 02, 2012, 11:00:40 PM

Any 'protestant' sports for Billo to cover ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

theticklemister

Aye I have that proble, i can't get the sunday game on the player. Can ye switch yer IP address or anything?

Sandy Hill

Quote from: rrhf on August 02, 2012, 11:00:40 PM

Couldn't agree more; Lyster couldn't lace Bill's boots!
"Stercus accidit"

Orchardman

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 02, 2012, 04:49:23 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on August 01, 2012, 12:35:15 PM
Brolly's point made simple. Over the last 10 - 15 years it seems that if you can stick with Kerry for 60 minutes they will choke/crumble in the last 10 and will get beaten. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Its a stupid argument because he is trying to make it seem as if its specific to Kerry. That argument can be made against any of the "top" team if you look at the totality of their results. Losing in the quarter final dumps you out of the AI championship just as surely as losing in the final does you know.

It's actually crazy the stick kerry have gotten the last few months. The brolly article was a load of dung, doesn't matter if he's being funny or winding up or whatever. Kerry were there every year to be beaten in a tight game, just like mayo deserve credit for getting there in 04 and 06. Tyrone certainly enjoyed taking a few gap years in 06 and 07 when they were brutal, and armagh didn't reach enough finals either. The amount of people who have bought into the arguement shows a lack of football knowledge. Kerry still have the best 'top 10' players of any side in the country, in saying that i think donegal have a good chance of beating them, and of course i'l be supporting donegal anyway.

From the Bunker

Have to say 'The Sunday Game' is a mess. Sports coverage has moved on and this show seems to be stuck in the '90s. When you have limited time to show games, why would you try and make it into a magazine programme with players looking at past games and footage? Fresh modern analysists are needed, people who understand the modern game. Provincial analysist are needed for the provincial championship. What do Spillane and O'Rourke know about the Connacht Championship for example. They usually make that educated uninformed guess that Galway will win and are legitimately surprised when this does not happen. Games shown live during the day need little coverage in the evening show while uncovered games should get more than 3 minutes skimpy highlight coverage. Why is it on so late on a Sunday night? Why cannot there be a Saturday highlights show?

Quote from: Orchardman on August 04, 2012, 12:38:07 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 02, 2012, 04:49:23 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on August 01, 2012, 12:35:15 PM
Brolly's point made simple. Over the last 10 - 15 years it seems that if you can stick with Kerry for 60 minutes they will choke/crumble in the last 10 and will get beaten. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Its a stupid argument because he is trying to make it seem as if its specific to Kerry. That argument can be made against any of the "top" team if you look at the totality of their results. Losing in the quarter final dumps you out of the AI championship just as surely as losing in the final does you know.

It's actually crazy the stick kerry have gotten the last few months. The brolly article was a load of dung, doesn't matter if he's being funny or winding up or whatever. Kerry were there every year to be beaten in a tight game, just like mayo deserve credit for getting there in 04 and 06. Tyrone certainly enjoyed taking a few gap years in 06 and 07 when they were brutal, and armagh didn't reach enough finals either. The amount of people who have bought into the arguement shows a lack of football knowledge. Kerry still have the best 'top 10' players of any side in the country, in saying that i think donegal have a good chance of beating them, and of course i'l be supporting donegal anyway.

Yeah, look when you are at the top table and get beat, the standard is higher in expectation. So you lose a final or semi-final, your performance gets greater scrutany. I always smile at the lack of stick our neighbours (Galway) get from the media. Mainly because they are out and forgotten about in the championship come mid July, whereas we (Mayo) are in the limelight and losing some Final, semi-final etc, and getting it goodo!

Denn Forever

Seo Spoirt back on Friday 10/8.  Hopefully they will analyse the AI series.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...