The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Micheal Lyster is our Gay Byrne, or to us northerners Gerry Kelly so..................

LEAVE MICHAEL LYSTER ALONE!!

screenexile

Just thought I would mention I thought Aaron Kernan was excellent last night!!

here comes 6

Quote from: screenexile on July 23, 2012, 08:57:58 AM
Aaron was Excellent. Why??  Because he knows the game and talks total sense.  Spillane thinks all teams should play the way kerry play.  As for Kevin McStay he doesnt even know the difference in limerick and Kildare. He gets all excited when Des asks him a Question as if Him and Des are having a fling

cadence

any chance of one of yous has recorded it and throwing up a youtube link please? we don't get it over here until late wednesday night.

blewuporstuffed

i thought he was a wee bit nervous and uncomfortable , but that was understanable. spoke quiet well though, and showed a bit of insight, not like those other 2 muppets.
think once he gets used to the tv appearances, he could be very good.
there are a few ex players about that are very good pundits, which makes it starnage that rte persist with teh people the do

sennan connell, canavan,o'se, o'cineade,parkinson, tohill are all better at analyising the modern game than the crap we usually have to listen to from spillane, mcstay & mchugh etc
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

rodney trotter

The lads on tv3 are alot better. Sennan Connell says it as it is, so does Canavan and Brady. Spillane is sounding like a broken record at this stage, repeating himself over with Kerry the artists of football and the other counties still learning how to play it. I hope Cork meet Kerry again in the quarter finals, once Kerry beat Clare. Spillane said Cork would never beat Kerry in Croke Park so i'd love to see him prove wrong. RTE is unwatchable when Spillane and Brolly are on at the same time, i don't know who is worse.

cadence

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 23, 2012, 11:23:32 AM
i thought he was a wee bit nervous and uncomfortable , but that was understanable. spoke quiet well though, and showed a bit of insight, not like those other 2 muppets.
there are a few ex players about that are very good pundits, which makes it starnage that rte persist with teh people the do

sennan connell, canavan,o'se, o'cineade,parkinson, tohill are all better at analyising the modern game than the crap we usually have to listen to from spillane, mcstay & mchugh etc

i liked canavan and o'se. tv3 is much better. mchugh, great player and legend, and has good insight into the game i think, but as a live pundit he's all stream of consciousness, but in a bad way, he rambles and never knows when to finish his point. he needs to be more succinct. out of the two rte mainstays you've mentioned, mcstay wins hands down. spillane we'll have to suffer for years. they'll never get rid of him. what we ever did to deserve him i'll never know. all the kerry greats and we get him. he's pure tabloid. 

orangeman

Quote from: cadence on July 23, 2012, 11:42:32 AM

i liked canavan and o'se. tv3 is much better. mchugh, great player and legend, and has good insight into the game i think, but as a live pundit he's all stream of consciousness, but in a bad way, he rambles and never knows when to finish his point. he needs to be more succinct. out of the two rte mainstays you've mentioned, mcstay wins hands down. spillane we'll have to suffer for years. they'll never get rid of him. what we ever did to deserve him i'll never know. all the kerry greats and we get him. he's pure tabloid.

Even his son says he should cop himself on !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/northern-ireland/18948243

Frank Casey

Spillane saying, about Brolly, that a fella like him with only one AI Medal wouldn't be left write in the parish newsletter in Kerry ;D ;D ;D
KERRY 3:7

5 Sams

Quote from: Frank Casey on July 23, 2012, 05:39:28 PM
Spillane saying, about Brolly, that a fella like him with only one AI Medal wouldn't be left write in the parish newsletter in Kerry ;D ;D ;D

In fairness to Pat that was an e mail or a tweet that was sent into the show.....but it was probably what Pat was thinking.
The Aristocrat Years

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 23, 2012, 05:41:12 PM
Quote from: Frank Casey on July 23, 2012, 05:39:28 PM

In fairness to Pat that was an e mail or a tweet that was sent into the show.....but it was probably what Pat was thinking.

Spillane is complete bafoon, sick of him and kerry lads banging on about their four hundred all irelands like they are the only ones with cocks etc

cadence

Quote from: orangeman on July 23, 2012, 12:05:37 PM
Quote from: cadence on July 23, 2012, 11:42:32 AM

Even his son says he should cop himself on !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/northern-ireland/18948243
;D hilarious. ah these feckin' young fellas never listen... good job they don't!

armaghniac

QuoteJust thought I would mention I thought Aaron Kernan was excellent last night!!

A sound first appearance. Good to see another Cross' man get up there in the pundit stakes, appropriate for the world centre of gaelic football. You can't be letting Errigal dominate the media.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

From the Bunker

Quote from: armaghniac on July 23, 2012, 06:55:52 PM
QuoteJust thought I would mention I thought Aaron Kernan was excellent last night!!

A sound first appearance. Good to see another Cross' man get up there in the pundit stakes, appropriate for the world centre of gaelic football. You can't be letting Errigal dominate the media.

Aaron did ok, but i am always uncomfortable with players who are still playing the game doing punditry. Can be hard to say certain things. Most that will come back probably to haunt you a week or two later!

Frank Casey

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on July 23, 2012, 05:57:52 PM
Spillane is complete bafoon, sick of him and kerry lads banging on about their four hundred all irelands like they are the only ones with cocks etc

Good well balanced view aka a chip on both shoulders ;)
KERRY 3:7