The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

It's easily done.
Philly is a very popular name after all.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Davis has been thru a bit of a rough patch over the last couple of weeks, I think he should be given the benefit of the doubt, and it wasnt related to mayos marvelous display btw

magpie seanie

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 07, 2011, 11:45:24 PM
Davis has been thru a bit of a rough patch over the last couple of weeks, I think he should be given the benefit of the doubt, and it wasnt related to mayos marvelous display btw

Maybe some of the folk you've been acting the bollix with this evening on this DB have too for all you know. Hypocrite.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 07, 2011, 11:53:43 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 07, 2011, 11:45:24 PM

Maybe some of the folk you've been acting the bollix with this evening on this DB have too for all you know. Hypocrite.

Its ok for one and not for another, no ??? who have I offended or acted the balls with ???

ross4life

The three guys tonight on the Sunday game all went for Kerry v Dublin final so over to Mayo,Donegal to prove them wrong.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

macdanger2

The GAA announced tonight that the All Ireland Semi-Finals involving Mayo & Kerry and Donegal & Dublin have been cancelled to avoid any unnecessary injuries to players.

The All Ireland Final will take place as scheduled on Sept 18th.

Mayo will play Donegal in a 3rd/4th place play-off on Sept 11th.

screenexile

What do you expect them to say. Dublin and Kerry are the form teams and the teams with the history and pedigree to back it up.

I think Donegal have an outside chance but Kerry will definitely beat Mayo. Every shred of info points to a Kerry Dublin final so why are pundits getting hauled over the coals for saying it?!

ross4life

Quote from: screenexile on August 08, 2011, 01:03:26 AM
What do you expect them to say. Dublin and Kerry are the form teams and the teams with the history and pedigree to back it up.

I think Donegal have an outside chance but Kerry will definitely beat Mayo. Every shred of info points to a Kerry Dublin final so why are pundits getting hauled over the coals for saying it?!
All semi final teams are on form & unbeaten, you'd swear Kerry,Dublin are the same level as Tipp,Kilkenny in Hurling the way pundits are talking them up.

I fancy at least one shock in the semi finals.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ross4life on August 08, 2011, 01:49:10 AM

All semi final teams are on form & unbeaten, you'd swear Kerry,Dublin are the same level as Tipp,Kilkenny in Hurling the way pundits are talking them up.

All-Irelands in the last decade, Mayo, Dublin, Donegal all on zero. Pedigree about the same methinks. If its pedigree on making it to All-Ireland finals in the last decade, it surely should be Kerry, Mayo and Donegal/Dublin in that order.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

sheamy

I agree. There could even be two. I think Donegal have a great chance. They won't be as naive as Tyrone were. Brogan and Connolly will never get that room again. This could be a great game.

INDIANA

Quote from: sheamy on August 08, 2011, 09:34:02 AM

I agree. There could even be two. I think Donegal have a great chance. They won't be as naive as Tyrone were. Brogan and Connolly will never get that room again. This could be a great game.

It will be car crash Gaelic Football. On a par with Antrim v Donegal. Probably one of the least entertaining games of the year.

gallsman

Define "history"?! Dublin have 1 All-Ireland in nearly 30 years, Mayo have none in even longer. Donegal have 1 in total.

Outside the Kerry team, there are no players with AI medals. That kind of "history" is irrelevant.

gallsman

Quote from: ballinaman on August 07, 2011, 09:36:27 AM
What ye make of the sniggerin by Brolly and O'Rourke towards Spillane in the post Dublin Tyrone match analysis?

Spillane does talk some shite alright but thought it was fairly ignorant all the same. It's obvious that Spillane and Brolly can't abide each other but its getting like something out of the xfactor in their analysis.

Any chance that Micheal Daigian could to switch to the football.....

They get on fine. Brolly and O'Rourke are known to (and have acknowledged) that they love to wind-up Spillane.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: ballinaman on August 07, 2011, 09:36:27 AM
What ye make of the sniggerin by Brolly and O'Rourke towards Spillane in the post Dublin Tyrone match analysis?

Spillane does talk some shite alright but thought it was fairly ignorant all the same. It's obvious that Spillane and Brolly can't abide each other but its getting like something out of the xfactor in their analysis.

Any chance that Micheal Daigian could to switch to the football.....

Ah it was only the once when Brolly was praising/slagging Spillane as the greatest ever player or something alone those lines that O'Rourke burst out laughing, even Lyster had to hold himself back. O'Rourke didn't really acknowledge any more of Brolly's wind-ups even though Brolly was trying to make eye contact with him, reminded me of Conor Lenihan's outburst on the Vincent Browne show  :D
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

highorlow

QuoteOutside the Kerry team, there are no players with AI medals. That kind of "history" is irrelevant.

Check your history, our lads (Mayo) have up to 7 and possibly more within the squad.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go