Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanmc123

Quote from: Legoman5 on May 24, 2017, 08:48:53 AM
Heard there's no injury to McCarron at all and there may be a few disruptions in the camp! Heard he has missed trainings with Club & County this season and maybe there's more to why he's been missing club games this year!
in saying all this these could just be rumours floating around...

It's people like you that are bad pieces of work. As far as I know about the man is he has a new baby working and living in the south while still staying with his club and county when I'm sure had been made many an offer in Dublin says a lot about his commitment. He has played 3 club games from dromore this year from what I know and does a lot of work with people trying to help in addiction. I don't think you will speak to to many Tyrone men this year and say that we don't need him!

Legoman5

Quote from: seanmc123 on May 24, 2017, 06:45:48 PM
Quote from: Legoman5 on May 24, 2017, 08:48:53 AM
Heard there's no injury to McCarron at all and there may be a few disruptions in the camp! Heard he has missed trainings with Club & County this season and maybe there's more to why he's been missing club games this year!
in saying all this these could just be rumours floating around...

It's people like you that are bad pieces of work. As far as I know about the man is he has a new baby working and living in the south while still staying with his club and county when I'm sure had been made many an offer in Dublin says a lot about his commitment. He has played 3 club games from dromore this year from what I know and does a lot of work with people trying to help in addiction. I don't think you will speak to to many Tyrone men this year and say that we don't need him!

Committment? He has made no more committment that the likes of Tiarnan McCann and countless men down the years have done who've been working away from home!
Ha there's a lot of stuff some people don't know about thats happened in recent weeks and I obviously am not going to write it on this but just give it time... Some may say i'm stirring a pot here but people needa accept reality, we're quick to run down others in other Counties but when its one of our own we try cover over the cracks!!

seanmc123

Tell us more Legoman then? You seemed to know a lot that we all don't ?

Snapchap

Quote from: Legoman5 on May 25, 2017, 08:19:47 AM
Ha there's a lot of stuff some people don't know about thats happened in recent weeks and I obviously am not going to write it on this but just give it time
As I already stated, given the circumstances of the players past, would it be too much to expect that anonymous slabbers would avoid going online and giving the whole country ammunition to use their imagination and spread any rumours they like about a player who's wrestled with his demons to the point where he admits having very nearly taken his own life over them? As a matter of simple decency, would you not think that maybe that sort of behavior is going to hinder the man more than help him? And what benefit is it to you anonymously making suggestive rumours online abut a recovering addict? Seriously? What benefit to you outweights the risk to the man's welfare? Time to grow up a bit.

Some may say i'm stirring a pot here but people needa accept reality
What reality is there when all you are doing is trying to tell people there are rumours about him, but that you won't/can't elaborate. That's not being a champion of truth and virtue, That being an anonymous gossipmonger at the expense of a vulnerable GAA man.

we're quick to run down others in other Counties but when its one of our own we try cover over the cracks!!
Thankfully, most people in fact don't use this site to anonymously insinuate rumours about amateur players activities off the field. And if a few anonymous cowards do, that doesn't somehow mean it's a decent thing for everyone else to do too.

If your son was a recovering addict who'd gone so far as to contemplate taking his own life, would you appreciate online mouthpieces posting anonymous suggestive comments about him? Don't pretend for a second that you would be OK with it. Would it kill you to avoid putting others through that stress? Or is the warm fussy feeling you get when you think you have some 'gossip-but-cant-say-what-it-is-type-gossip' just too important to you?

jb81

Team for Sunday:
Morgan
McCrory
McNamee
Hampsey
Harte
Brennan
McCann
Cavanagh
McCann
Meyler
Sludden
McGeary
Bradley
Cavanagh
Donnelly

I wouldnt be suprised at all if Mattie Donnelly starts in midfield with Mc'Cann dropping to the bench. Hopefully we might see Lee Brennan start, but i would bet Harte would start Mc'Curry before him.  c'Cann has been very impressive for Killyclogher in the last couple of years but does go missing sometimes. He has the quality but he has not made any impression with the county yet. Came on against Mayo and didn't do himself any favours. Started against Kerry in Killarney and was very poor ( although that could be said for most of the team in the first half that day ).

Happy with the team. Delighted to see Brennan start at 6. Think he is more attack minded that Justy or Mc'Nabb and it points to a more expansive game plan this year ( dare i say it ). Also like the look of Mc'Geary and Meyler, hard workers but also a bit of style about them.. and hopefully we see Lee Brennan at some stage and his potential starts to show.

Looking forward to it and to the year, you never know what this team could do if it all clicks...

Under Lights

I have found that in recent years MH usually starts with the team he names. In the past he used to be guilty of naming a team and having a few replacements lined out to start wearing sub numbers. I can't see him reverting. The team named will be the team that starts imo.

the goal was on

Mickey for years never changed team but last 2 years he has made consistent late changes to team.

Fuzzman

I'm not sure but I thought that he didn't tend to change a championship team from what was named but he did in the league. Isn't there a fine if you change it in the championship?
I can't see Mickey being too bothered with trying to bluff Derry with dummy team sheets.

I get the feeling Mickey has rated Conal McCann for a while and has given him a good few starts but he's never really taken them. Like we said he needs to show more urgency and fight. Does he play MF for Killyclogher?

You would imagine we'll see Petey pushing up forward a lot as usual and McGeary dropping back to cover him.
I wonder how often we'll see McCrory up in the FF line on Sunday. He seems to pop up there quite often.

Will Derry sit back with 13 behind the ball or will they play 15 v 15? (well to start with anyway)

Under Lights

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 26, 2017, 11:04:56 AM
I'm not sure but I thought that he didn't tend to change a championship team from what was named but he did in the league. Isn't there a fine if you change it in the championship?
I can't see Mickey being too bothered with trying to bluff Derry with dummy team sheets.

I get the feeling Mickey has rated Conal McCann for a while and has given him a good few starts but he's never really taken them. Like we said he needs to show more urgency and fight. Does he play MF for Killyclogher?

You would imagine we'll see Petey pushing up forward a lot as usual and McGeary dropping back to cover him.
I wonder how often we'll see McCrory up in the FF line on Sunday. He seems to pop up there quite often.

Will Derry sit back with 13 behind the ball or will they play 15 v 15? (well to start with anyway)

By all reports Derry have went very defensive in recent challenge matches- leaving four men up front. Ryan Bell will start at FF.

Fuzzman

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: jb81 on May 26, 2017, 09:01:43 AM
Team for Sunday:
Morgan
McCrory
McNamee
Hampsey
Harte
Brennan
McCann
Cavanagh
McCann
Meyler
Sludden
McGeary
Bradley
Cavanagh
Donnelly

I wouldnt be suprised at all if Mattie Donnelly starts in midfield with Mc'Cann dropping to the bench. Hopefully we might see Lee Brennan start, but i would bet Harte would start Mc'Curry before him.  c'Cann has been very impressive for Killyclogher in the last couple of years but does go missing sometimes. He has the quality but he has not made any impression with the county yet. Came on against Mayo and didn't do himself any favours. Started against Kerry in Killarney and was very poor ( although that could be said for most of the team in the first half that day ).

Happy with the team. Delighted to see Brennan start at 6. Think he is more attack minded that Justy or Mc'Nabb and it points to a more expansive game plan this year ( dare i say it ). Also like the look of Mc'Geary and Meyler, hard workers but also a bit of style about them.. and hopefully we see Lee Brennan at some stage and his potential starts to show.

Looking forward to it and to the year, you never know what this team could do if it all clicks...
Personally would like to see DD Mulgrew get good playing time. Think he has a tonne of potential and would add similar qualities to Niall Sludden in terms of speed and breaking the line. Personally dont see the fuss around Lee Brennan, don't think he has the speed, strength or ball winning ability at this level but hasn't had a chance yet so could prove that wrong.

Fuzzman

What did we learn from yesterday folks?
Some might say not a wile lot as it was one of those games we just had to get over and no matter what we did it wasn't gonna look good.
Scoring 22 points with 11 different scorers is encouraging I suppose as it shows we're not over reliant on any one or two players even though Sean scored 6 frees and 1 from play.

Petey seemed to have a bad day at the office right from the start and Mattie and Sludden all much quieter than what we expected. Mattie needs to get his head in the right place and stop thinking he's the new McGeeney.
Again we didn't create many goal scoring chances and again the only one we did it was our corner back McCrory who had the chance.

As someone said on the main thread, it seems that Mickey is using the tactic of playing Sean and Mattie as the hard workers for most of the games to tire out the other team's defenders and then bring on the faster, more tricky corner forwards like McCurry, Mulgrew and Brennan to get a few easier scores. Of course another way of looking at that is that he brought them on to give others a rest and the game was already over at that stage.
Anyone know why McGeary came off so early?

On 45 minutes though it was only 0.08 to 0.11 and I was a tad worried as we weren't playing well.
McCann did reasonably well at MF and as predicted kicked 2 good scores.

Of course Donegal will be a totally different game and I expect it to be very similar to last year.
I think Mickey is hell bent on playing this system now, no matter what team we play as he knows we can contain most sides to a low score if we keep it tight and then it comes down to who can hold their nerve and take their most scoring chances.

What I find interesting is that despite our VERY defensive style of play, we still seem able to put up huge scores against some teams out of the top 5 or 6.

redhandofgod

I'd say McGeary was taken off as he was booked early and then committed another foul. Harte took him off almost straight away. Would risk losing him to a 2nd yellow.