Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

McGeary has been acting as a sweeper in a lot of games this season so it will be interesting with him out and Cavanagh on the bench if we will opt to deploy one or not. I suppose Frank Burns would be the most likely choice to play that role in the named team.

We should win fairly comfortably though what will be of interest to me is how McShane and Donnelly get on against McKaigue and Rogers, while Derry might be at a bit of a low ebb, Rogers and McKaigue would be two of the best defenders in the game and would be well capable of matching Donnelly and McShane in the physical stakes. We will need to be nuanced in our approach as Donnelly and McShane might end up being well curtailed by their men so we can't place too much of a reliance on them.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Dire Ear

It'll be some battle between McKaigue and MDonnelly,  possible reds ?

bogball88

trailer

skeog

Careful a couple of handicap blips tonight.

RedHand88

I heard there's only 8000 tickets shifted for this.

Goals_Will_Come

Yesterday was as poor a performance I've seen from a Tyrone minor team and in recent years there has been some poor ones.
What is the reason for under achievement at this age group over the last 5 years or more?

skeog

Other counties copying our development of young academy players.

southtyronegael

We did win the u17 ai two years ago but I'm still not sure these academies are the way to go.

omagh_gael

Tyrone 6 points to 1 up in the 19th minute. Colm Cavanagh comes on.

55 minutes gone and Derry are level. Colm off.

For last 19 mins we score 1-6 to 0-03.

Is there anything in this?

Goals_Will_Come

Anyone any idea where the Antrim game will be played at?

clarshack

Mark Sidebottom said Armagh at the end there. it's the only venue that makes sense.

redhandefender

DEAR MICKEY

For the love of christ let them at it! So frustrating.

Angelo

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 12, 2019, 06:18:33 PM
Tyrone 6 points to 1 up in the 19th minute. Colm Cavanagh comes on.

55 minutes gone and Derry are level. Colm off.

For last 19 mins we score 1-6 to 0-03.

Is there anything in this?

He looked way off the pace, gave away a number of really clumsy frees, could have been black carded twice and really struggled with the tempo of the game which wasn't really that hectic. Maybe it's age or injury related or maybe he's a bit obsolete in the more offensive setup or possibly a bit of both.

Thought big Kennedy started off well so was unfortunate for him to get injured.

McShane was outstanding, a number of great points off his weaker left and his decision making much improved - unlucky not to register a goal or two.

Cassidy had a very iffy start, few wayward passes and a few poor tackles and fumbles but settled into the game as it progressed and scored two lovely points, thought McDonnell struggled.

Sludden and Harte were both very poor and struggled to impact on the game, Harte had a few nice moments but far too often he is on the periphery of things.

Mattie had a very good game, he went out of it for a large part of the middle of it but when we were getting him on the ball we were flying.

Richie Donnelly had an excellent game, got on the ball frequently and his distribution and vision was fantastic.

Burns had a very good game as well but a bit like Mattie he went out of the game around the middle part for a while.

McCurry's goal was fantastic composure, he went for the dagger and executed it superbly, McAliskey hit a nice point too.

I can't pick anyone out of the defence who was either terrible or brilliant, I did think we looked vulnerable when being ran at. P Cassidy, Lynn, Rocks and McFaul caused us all sorts of bother when they ran at us, our tackling was poor and we gave away a huge amount of very stupid frees and were opened up a few times also. Now maybe this was due to it being the first round and a little bit of complacency, the game was not played at a blistering pace, enjoyable and all as it was.

We struggled around the middle on kickouts as well.

Some good points, some worrying aspects but I think we won playing with in ourselves and when we looked in bother late on we settled matters very quickly.

Hopefully McShane can keep this up all summer.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Goals_Will_Come

Continuing a worrying trend from the league is that Tiernan McCann was badly off the pace.
His defensive abilities were always very questionable but his attacking output always seemed to make up for it to justify him being on the team. But hes not offering anything at all at the moment. Somehow he lasted the 70 minutes, which is obviously down to reputation. Tyrone can't be expecting a long summer with him in this form.