Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: skeog on April 29, 2019, 12:56:31 PM
Seen several games this campaign Martin Sludden was the best referee of the lot imo.Doesnt say much for the younger brigade.

Doesn't say much for your judge of a referee either.

Club boi

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 29, 2019, 12:57:37 PM
Seen several games this campaign Martin Sludden was the best referee of the lot imo.Doesnt say much for the younger brigade.

Sludden may well not be liked, can be sais is very c0cky and arrogant and cheeky, borderline a pr!ck on the field with some of comments, but he very rarely gets the big calls wrong in club games (Louth may not agree) but you know what your going to get from him

Abuse, but with the right calls

Delegater

Referees in Tyrone are superior to anythin I have saw in neighbouring counties.

My only comment would be a foul given by one referee would not be given by another. There is a wide range in how the rules are implemented. But the majority are fit, keep up with play and don't side with one team or the other.

Fair play to anyone crazy enough to do it.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Club boi on April 29, 2019, 01:03:04 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 29, 2019, 12:57:37 PM

Sludden may well not be liked, can be sais is very c0cky and arrogant and cheeky, borderline a pr!ck on the field with some of comments, but he very rarely gets the big calls wrong in club games (Louth may not agree) but you know what your going to get from him

Abuse, but with the right calls

Martin spends too much time in game trying to get in a smart assed comments to men or even worse, getting into it with the crowd.

I don't have any time for that - he loves the limelight and by and large will make a decision every game that he doesn't really need to so he can have his wee moment of glory.

The old saying is, the best referees are the ones you don't see - albeit, it's not very easy in a small-ish county where everyone tends to know everyone.

trailer

If I was Martin Sludden I would never show my face in public after the mess he made of the Leinster final. The man is not near wise in head.

skeog

Right one mistake and he is still being pilloried over it.Not a man or woman born who havent made a mistake.

The Bearded One

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 29, 2019, 12:10:55 PM
Quote from: The Bearded One on April 29, 2019, 12:03:31 PM
He's not.
and you would know this because?

He is a very good club player, that is all. He doesn't have the size or physical presence for county football. He is also lazy IMO and if he doesn't win the ball clean he will make a token gesture to tackle a defender and then go back inside. Regarding the u21s, he played a bit part and didn't feature meaningfully in a team that had forwards such Bradley, McShane, Lee Brennan, McNulty and Meyler.
It is what it is. Presumably.

trailer

Quote from: skeog on April 29, 2019, 04:08:12 PM
Right one mistake and he is still being pilloried over it.Not a man or woman born who havent made a mistake.

No bother Martin.

If he didn't run about the county acting like he's God's gift to refereeing, people would probably let it go. But he comes across as an arrogant **** and when you have proven you're not infallible on a national stage, it's hard for people to like you. So, to sum up, he needs a personality transplant.
But he might be dead on if you get to know him. Either way, I'm sure he doesn't give a f**k what I think.

Club boi

Quote from: trailer on April 29, 2019, 04:17:41 PM

No bother Martin.

If he didn't run about the county acting like he's God's gift to refereeing, people would probably let it go. But he comes across as an arrogant **** and when you have proven you're not infallible on a national stage, it's hard for people to like you. So, to sum up, he needs a personality transplant.
But he might be dead on if you get to know him. Either way, I'm sure he doesn't give a f**k what I think.

Im pretty sure he doesnt. Best ref was Stephen Mc Namee I think from Newtownstewart direction. Let the game go but rumours because of this he didnt "tick" all the right boxes for the hierarchy and referee commitee and therefore lost out on many big occasions

southtyronegael

Sean hurson prob the best in the county at the minute.

tyronefan

Pretty big mistake in all fairness

superstar_

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 29, 2019, 11:59:31 AM
Some display by Darragh kavanagh yesterday. Kicked 1-13. Would have been interesting to see him get a bit of county football to see if he up to it.
As the old story goes. Im sure the next time Tyrone are playing Greencastle they will give Darragh a call..

Jim Bob

Quote from: tyronefan on April 29, 2019, 08:16:47 PM

Pretty big mistake in all fairness

Umpire has to take a lot of the blame  for  thatfiasco as well.

Tyrone Gaa

Hate to see Sludden walk through the gates before a game, he is the most arrogant man I've ever witnessed without any reason for that arrogance. But it almost seems Both sides know what they will get when he's there. They almost tolerate the dodgy calls because they don't expect much more and there's no point crying at him because your only interrupting the Sludden show.
Living the dream!!!

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: superstar_ on April 29, 2019, 08:32:40 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on April 29, 2019, 11:59:31 AM
Some display by Darragh kavanagh yesterday. Kicked 1-13. Would have been interesting to see him get a bit of county football to see if he up to it.
As the old story goes. Im sure the next time Tyrone are playing Greencastle they will give Darragh a call..

As predictable as ever someone would trot out with this line.  Has Canavan Junior did much in his young career so far to warrant his trial in the McKenna Cup/in the panel?  A few excellent u17 performances and a good late D1 league campaign - wouldnt have the biggest physique either -

as a side note I think that he isnt built for County football argument is one of the stupidest about.  Eoin Murchan from Dublin is 5 foot 6 and maybe 10 or 11 stone ffs and looked more than capable in the 2 games Tyrone played against Dublin last year - in fact his absolutely roasted sludden (who had arguable been Tyrone player of the campaign up to the Super 8 stages) in the game in healy park
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience