Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wobbller

I listened to Aidan Forker today on the BBC Podcast.We are miles away from what Armagh are doing.

ck

Quote from: Johnnysboys on June 08, 2022, 10:22:32 PM
Is it not the right thing to do to keep him involved?? Who else is going to take the role or indeed do any better? Take the current u20 setup in with him this year and it's a smooth transition next year for Laverty to take the post.

That would be a smart move. Laverty, whilst brilliant in his own right could learn from James for a year.

wobbller

Quote from: ck on June 08, 2022, 11:58:16 PM
Is it not the right thing to do to keep him involved?? Who else is going to take the role or indeed do any better? Take the current u20 setup in with him this year and it's a smooth transition next year for Laverty to take the post.

That would be a smart move. Laverty, whilst brilliant in his own right could learn from James for a year.
Learn what exactly?The rot has set in with the current Management and bringing others in won't improve this.

Truth hurts

Quote from: wobbller on June 09, 2022, 08:21:00 AM
Quote from: ck on June 08, 2022, 11:58:16 PM

Learn what exactly?The rot has set in with the current Management and bringing others in won't improve this.

Are the players not the problem? Are the clubs not the problem? There are major problems throughout the county and trying to blame senior management is a cop put. Sure 80% of club managers in divisions 1 and 2 would be putting pressure on their players to step away from the county to make the club team stronger. Anyone who disagrees with this is deluded. Our county champions taking the Piss out of their players who go to represent Down, like what in the name of good f##K.

Trying to blame wee James on this is madness and if he was given proper timescale, s and c , a top coach I would think we should win division 3. The squad was assembled in  parts in December, December !!!!!
The squad that finished the season should be on strength programs as we speak. The big clubs in Down would have good S and C but lower down the leagues this would not be a focal point so this should be happening now.

snoopdog

What I heard when James was in charge of minors he was rarely at training on time and rarely interacted with the players so what would conor laverty learn from him.and I heard that from a parent of player James did a great job in 2010 because he surrounded himself with good coaches in Tally and mcivor.   He doesn't have that  around him anymore

meatsy86

Look the fundamental fact remains, James walked out of the job due to indiscipline within the squad all be it he came back a few days later. Now I may be wrong but surely the indiscipline within the squad stems from a lack of leadership of the management team. You add to that that if some of the best players in our county(Kilcoo not included) have refused to play for James this year what makes you think they will next year. Once again by keeping James on you are pushing it down the line before we can start to heal the divisions that currently exist. You cannot heal in the same environment that made you sick in the first place.

SamFever

You would all need to settle down and stop your insulting.

meatsy86

No insults there SamFever, check your political correctness meter for callibration.

SamFever

Quote from: meatsy86 on June 09, 2022, 02:53:20 PM
No insults there SamFever, check your political correctness meter for callibration.
Not pretty reading all this.

stiff breeze

Sometimes opinion isn't pretty .

I'm a bit over the whole well done James for taking the job spiel . The man admitted he hadn't seen much of the Down club scene for years so was he really doing what was best for Down when he took the job on ? And I'm not having the no one else wanted it line either . Time to move on

befair

No point in running after the Kilcoo players; they'd add depth to the squad, but apart from Daryl Brannigan, don't have the individual calibre of the Slaughtneil players (Rogers and McKaigue, both exceptional talents).
James obs isn't the answer, but what other candidates are available?

Truth hurts

I will head to Liatriom tonight for the West Down derby with Annaclone, Liatriom really need to win this one, i expect a few rows too.

imagine

Quote from: Truth hurts on June 10, 2022, 01:48:21 PM
I will head to Liatriom tonight for the West Down derby with Annaclone, Liatriom really need to win this one, i expect a few rows too.
West Down does not include Liatroim.

Truth hurts

I see on social media that Bryansford are having an EGM tommorrow. Does anyone know what it is about?

Godsown

Quote from: Truth hurts on June 10, 2022, 02:44:10 PM
I see on social media that Bryansford are having an EGM tommorrow. Does anyone know what it is about?

Apparently it's to do with the Protocol