Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThroughTheLaces

Anybody that disagrees with unionist / loyalist / FF / FG ramblings is normally called a "Shinnerbot". Its an embarrassing term, and ridiculously overused. But when all else fails, and you dont have a coherent argument, throw the word out there. It seems to negate everything else.

That article in itself in also highly embarrassing.
The apple never falls far from the tree.

johnnycool

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 13, 2020, 07:13:23 PM
Well, well, well.

Five weeks of the board's Shinnerbots proving entirely unable to think of anything which wouldn't have confirmed Malachi's perceptive asnalysis, before one of them broke under the pressure and just HAD to post.

And like some game of Republican Bingo, he achieved not one, not two, but three "Troll Marks":

1. Play the man (Malachi), not the ball;
2. Whataboutery;
3. Drag in Jamie Bryson somehow.

And all that in the space of a nine word post - commendable productivity!

P.S. A bonus for the handle, JC: "It is preferable to use a name that sounds cool and witty and at the same time Irish. Think modern Ireland. To be Gaelic is to be cool. But avoid the leprechaun, floppy green hat, Finn MacCool and shamrock stuff. Our project is not to be thought folksy, or chauvinistic."

No, I'm genuinely interested in how Jamie Bryson has such an elevated position within unionism which yes isn't the main point of wee Malachi's post, I'll give you that.

Do Sinn Fein have followers on twitter or wherever that blindly follow the gospel coming out of Connolly House, yes they do, but you'll see the same on the unionist side, probably not the same volume but blinded by dogma just the same.

Am I a Shinnerbot, don't think I am, but would be in agreement with their aspirations if not the methodology.

thewobbler

Quote from: general_lee on August 13, 2020, 07:17:36 PM
What the fück is a shinnerbot exactly?

People who relentlessly get behind Sinn Féin's policies /actions / statements on Twitter, regardless of what it is that has happened.. The common traits are selective memories and whataboutery, and that they will not admit to weakness in their party. And the more contentious the issue, the greater their duty is to protect Sinn Fein at all costs on Twitter.

——

Personally I like it that people get passionate about their beliefs. But the inability to spot hypocrisy or admit to weaknesses, well that's frustrating.

Rossfan

Shinnerbot usually refers to SF recruits who keep repeating the same mantra on social media till it seeps in as fact in many younger folk.
We had 5 months of it after the General Election
SF won the election therefore ML should be Taoiseach
SF got 37 out of 42 elected therefore.. ..
SF got more candidates elected on 1st Count therefore...
Martin and Varadkar didn't get elected on 1st Count therefore...

And their trump card
The people voted for change therefore...
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

five points

Quote from: Rossfan on August 14, 2020, 12:36:01 PM
Shinnerbot usually refers to SF recruits who keep repeating the same mantra on social media till it seeps in as fact in many younger folk.
We had 5 months of it after the General Election
SF won the election therefore ML should be Taoiseach
SF got 37 out of 42 elected therefore.. ..
SF got more candidates elected on 1st Count therefore...
Martin and Varadkar didn't get elected on 1st Count therefore...

And their trump card
The people voted for change therefore...

And Eamon Ryan fell asleep.

It's beyond obvious that it's all co-ordinated on whatsapp or another private messaging service. I've had to unfollow some of my neighbours on facebook because of the relentlessly boring crap they spew out almost every day.

Evil Genius

Quote from: ThroughTheLaces on August 14, 2020, 08:43:54 AM
Anybody that disagrees with unionist / loyalist / FF / FG ramblings is normally called a "Shinnerbot". Its an embarrassing term, and ridiculously overused. But when all else fails, and you dont have a coherent argument, throw the word out there. It seems to negate everything else.
Thank you for your explanation.

On balance I think I prefer those of Rossfan, thewobbler, Five Points and Hardstation.

Quote from: ThroughTheLaces on August 14, 2020, 08:43:54 AM
That article in itself in also highly embarrassing.
Embarrassing for whom?

The author?

Or its targets?

"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

five points

Quote from: hardstation on August 14, 2020, 12:48:32 PM
All very wordy. "Sinn Féin supporters on social media" would suffice. To be fair, other parties are missing a trick by having no online support.

No, it's the fact that it's so blatantly co-ordinated. If any other party tried it, they'd be laughed off but Sinn Féin necks are harder and more committed to the cause.

johnnycool

Quote from: five points on August 14, 2020, 12:53:36 PM
All very wordy. "Sinn Féin supporters on social media" would suffice. To be fair, other parties are missing a trick by having no online support.

No, it's the fact that it's so blatantly co-ordinated. If any other party tried it, they'd be laughed off but Sinn Féin necks are harder and more committed to the cause.

Learned from the US and the Tory's in the UK I'd suggest.

Not sure of the merits although feeding misinformation to the masses some evidently does seem to stick as you still hear the old nonsense about the EU banning bananas that hadn't the correct bend in them.

Evil Genius

Quote from: johnnycool on August 14, 2020, 12:18:49 PM
Well, well, well.

Five weeks of the board's Shinnerbots proving entirely unable to think of anything which wouldn't have confirmed Malachi's perceptive asnalysis, before one of them broke under the pressure and just HAD to post.

And like some game of Republican Bingo, he achieved not one, not two, but three "Troll Marks":

2. Whataboutery;

No, I'm genuinely interested in how Jamie Bryson has such an elevated position within unionism which yes isn't the main point of wee Malachi's post, I'll give you that.
"Such an elevated position within Unionism"?

Not a single Unionist party will touch him, not even the micro-parties.

He has no position withn the Loyal Orders, or any of the Protestant Churches

No-one in the Unionist media employs him.

He's not part of any pressure group, nor of any Think Tank (doesn't have the equipment!).

No connection with the Security Forces (other than when they go to arrest him).

Chased by his local Royal British Legion.

Unless, of course, you're referring to his stepping in as "Footie" (NI team mascot) at the last minute, when the regular incumbent was unavailable?

Sorry to disappoint, but when his identity was revealed the next day (the mask slipped?), the IFA made it quite clear he'd never do it again.

In short, when Unionists don't pay him any attention, why on earth do Nationalists?

A need to point to "Demons" among Themmuns?

"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

five points

Quote from: johnnycool on August 14, 2020, 01:13:42 PM

Learned from the US and the Tory's in the UK I'd suggest.

Not sure of the merits although feeding misinformation to the masses some evidently does seem to stick as you still hear the old nonsense about the EU banning bananas that hadn't the correct bend in them.

Learned from the US, definitely. I haven't seen anything of the like from the Tories but maybe I'm following the wrong people on social media for that.

Franko

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 14, 2020, 01:18:19 PM
Well, well, well.

2. Whataboutery;

He's not part of any pressure group, nor of any Think Tank (doesn't have the equipment!).

Unless, of course, you're referring to his stepping in as "Footie" (NI team mascot) at the last minute, when the regular incumbent was unavailable?

Sorry to disappoint, but when his identity was revealed the next day (the mask slipped?), the IFA made it quite clear he'd never do it again.

In short, when Unionists don't pay him any attention, why on earth do Nationalists?

They do though.  Or are they not 'true' unionists?

armaghniac

Their biological and technological distinctiveness has been added to the collective.
It is a pity they would not use it to actually achieve a united Ireland rather than promoting their own cult.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Well, well, well.

2. Whataboutery;

Sure, they could say that anyway. Who's to know if he's still doing mascot.

It's a bit like someone being banned from a stadium for bad behaviour. Next game, they could be sat in their usual seat. It's just good PR for a club/association to distance themselves from controversy.

johnnycool

Quote from: Franko on August 14, 2020, 01:24:16 PM
Well, well, well.

2. Whataboutery;

He himself is quoted as saying he was asked to review the "agreement" that wasn't an agreement because Arlene couldn't sell it to her base a few years back. The OO, Mervyn Gibson said the same thing at the time, so Arlene must have valued their contributions at the time as well.

I know Nolan is a gobshíte but he's got Jamie on quite a lot as the voice of unionism. Would that no rankle with you?

It rankles with me when Martina Anderson is spouting some utter balls and it's deemed that all republicans/nationalists think like her as I've said on this thread and other threads manys a time.

Evil Genius

Quote from: Franko on August 14, 2020, 01:24:16 PM
In short, when Unionists don't pay [Bryson] any attention, why on earth do Nationalists?

Whether 'true' or not, when are you going to get it into your head that the vast majority of Unionists don't pay any attention to wankers like Bryson, he's just an embarrassment.

And if you want stone-cold proof of that, just look what happened when he stood for election in 2011, in his own backyard of Bangor West:

Brian Wilson, (Ind) 1458
Alan Graham, (DUP) 1087
Alan Leslie, (DUP) 931
Anne Wilson, (Alliance) 808
Marion Smith, (UUP) 688
Tony Hill, (Alliance) 441
Joanne Dunlop, (Green) 301
Lian Logan, (SDLP) 298
James McKerrow, (UUP) 288
Alison Blayney, (Cmty Prtshp) 192
Julian Robertson, (Con) 181
Jamie Bryson, (Cmty Prtshp) 167
Ade Benson, (UKIP) 151

These are the facts, the rest is just blether - like Bryson himself comes out with.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"