Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Localexpert

Edendork complaining again like they did when we beat them last year  ;D

chieftain

Quote from: inowbest on September 25, 2019, 03:01:40 PM
There is no doubt Carrickmore got out of jail last night. There is also no doubt that McHugh sided heavily in their favour throughout the match. I don't think anyone can deny that. But they won and that's all that matters.

As for the semi final, this is one that Errigal didn't want. Playing our rivals who have nothing to lose. Bad weather being given for Sunday on an already soggy and wet pitch (and a game on before it for good measure). I am really dreading this game and would not be one bit surprised if Carrickmore got the win. They are riding the crest of a wave, won a match that they probably shouldn't have but that is sometimes the best way to win. I am very nervous about this game.

As for the other one. That will be some tie. Very hard to call a winner in it. I'll slightly go for Coalisland due to the wet soggy pitch expected in Pomeroy. But there'll be nothing between them and could easily go the other way.

Quick question, why did the county board not play these games as a double header in Healy Park and avoid people having to go from Pomeroy to Dungannon?

Quick answer £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

redhandofgod

There is no doubt Carrickmore got out of jail last night. There is also no doubt that McHugh sided heavily in their favour throughout the match. I don't think anyone can deny that. But they won and that's all that matters.

As for the semi final, this is one that Errigal didn't want. Playing our rivals who have nothing to lose. Bad weather being given for Sunday on an already soggy and wet pitch (and a game on before it for good measure). I am really dreading this game and would not be one bit surprised if Carrickmore got the win. They are riding the crest of a wave, won a match that they probably shouldn't have but that is sometimes the best way to win. I am very nervous about this game.

As for the other one. That will be some tie. Very hard to call a winner in it. I'll slightly go for Coalisland due to the wet soggy pitch expected in Pomeroy. But there'll be nothing between them and could easily go the other way.

Quick question, why did the county board not play these games as a double header in Healy Park and avoid people having to go from Pomeroy to Dungannon?

Probably because there is a good chance Healy Park wont be playable.

LeoMc

IF Dungannon is a "soggy and wet pitch" and Pomeroy is a "wet soggy pitch" what shape do you think Omagh will be in?

The Golden Years

Quote from: Pearse Blue on September 25, 2019, 12:50:37 PM
Edendork played all the football, after going 6 down the 6 points without reply was probably the best 10 minute spell a team has ever had. Just didn't have it in them (experience) to hold out the game. Even when Carmen got the second goal it didn't seem like they were going to win. Edendorks whole back line is suspect except Conor Mallon.

Also, timer wasn't working on the score board (which is a complete joke for a county ground) but I timed it, Ref announced 4 added minutes on 30:35 and Carrickmore equalized on the 31st. The Carrickmore free to win it was awarded on 32:20 and was actually kicked at 33:10 and the ref blew full time straight after the free at 33:40. One more attack should've been granted to Edendork.

Long story short, McHughs a **** and gave Edendork nothing all night.

Errigal will make short work of Carmen, bad outfit overall.   

There wasn't much talk on this website after Sludden saved Edendork from Defeat on Friday night by changing the rules to suit by not playing the advantage.  People need to lose their anti Carrickmore glasses and look at games without bias.

omaghjoe

Neither team have a change strip? Looked very similar

Gaafan2

Quote from: LeoMc on September 25, 2019, 03:54:01 PM

IF Dungannon is a "soggy and wet pitch" and Pomeroy is a "wet soggy pitch" what shape do you think Omagh will be in?

Nothing wet and soggy about Plunkett Park. Very few venues could have hosted a double header on Sunday afternoon following the torrential rain that morning.

trailer

Edendork played all the football, after going 6 down the 6 points without reply was probably the best 10 minute spell a team has ever had. Just didn't have it in them (experience) to hold out the game. Even when Carmen got the second goal it didn't seem like they were going to win. Edendorks whole back line is suspect except Conor Mallon.

Also, timer wasn't working on the score board (which is a complete joke for a county ground) but I timed it, Ref announced 4 added minutes on 30:35 and Carrickmore equalized on the 31st. The Carrickmore free to win it was awarded on 32:20 and was actually kicked at 33:10 and the ref blew full time straight after the free at 33:40. One more attack should've been granted to Edendork.

Good enough for Edendork and Barton. Bundle of c***ts.

Localexpert

Quote from: trailer on September 25, 2019, 06:58:43 PM

Good enough for Edendork and Barton. Bundle of c***ts.

Careful now!

Couple of the knee benders weren't happy with me this time last year when I was giving them a bit of friendly ribbing  ::)

LeoMc

Quote from: gaafan2 on September 25, 2019, 04:57:10 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on September 25, 2019, 03:54:01 PM

Nothing wet and soggy about Plunkett Park. Very few venues could have hosted a double header on Sunday afternoon following the torrential rain that morning.
Actually thought it would have got the double header this Sunday but Eugene needs his TV appearance. You will have to get yourselves a broadband link up there.

rrhf

Love them or hate them. Carmen back in a semi final. What I've seen this year Errigal should beat them, but part of me would  like to see Carmen win a championship for Gormley and the oldies who took plenty of criticism for staying on too long from inside and outside, over the last 12 months. 2 cracking tense championship games coming up and I wouldn't rule out any combination of final. Fair play to all 4 teams. They are there on merit and are also physically strong enough. Still very little talk about the Fianna. Last years champions will give the trillick machine their fill. Errigal as well. I'd have backed them to the hilt but it's carmen...on a separate note how precious is our club championship. An amazing tension filled edgy heartbreaking competition and loads of top club footballers shining. County football can often be so sterile compared to it.

Moonshine

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 25, 2019, 10:17:59 PM
Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on September 24, 2019, 05:36:34 PM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on September 24, 2019, 03:55:27 PM
Any word if tonights match is on Tyrone TV? Also find it strange that sunday's semi finals are being held in venues which do not accomodate Tv streaming.  Perhaps ££ figures are greater this season where it is not being streamed as it forces people to go to the game itself. I had this suspicion once the announcement was made at the start of the championship

They should be putting as many games on as possible on Tyrone TV, even if they are taking less money in, at the end of the day its gaining more coverage in the long run and its promoting the games in the County which in the long run also will lead to more corn for them!!

Healy Park, being the premier county ground, has been long fitted out for press facilities, not to mention a permenant platform for the main camera covering games in action. I'm not sure what IP facilities are available there, but I'd presume that the press box has at least ethernet connections available, probably WiFi too. Such facilities are almost certainly delivered by FTTC though given the roll out of FTTP by Openreach at present to towns and cities across d'North, Healy Park may be able to take advantage of that shortly too. Even if a journalist, photographer etc. can't get on Healy Park's internal Internet network, it's fortunate that the NI Water offices lie almost next door with its communications tower having 4G data coverage from all four networks on it.

Beyond Healy Park it can be a bit of a mixed bag. Potential Internet facilities at some grounds in Tyrone using landline might not be able to deliver an acceptable bandwidth to allow for good quality HD video streaming to a remote server. I'm thinking in particular of the quite rural grounds that are a good distance from a VDSL2 cabinet.

Using 4G data is a possible option though it can be fraught with issues, especially if they're fighting for bandwidth next to hundreds or even thousands of those in attendance! All four UK networks now offer unlimited data packages on contract for personal customers - however someone like the Tyrone County Board would likely need a business data package that has a service level agreement for priority service during peak usage times to minimise the chances of their live feeds being buffered. Loads of journalists use 4G set ups to deliver live "on-the-scene" reporting to TV channels and have done now successfully for several years, so the technology is proven. However I'm not sure that any one particular mobile network is available at every GAA ground in Tyrone, I think the county board has been trying this live coverage over 4G out already by using it for radio commentary for some games (in Fintona at least) and by the sounds of it, the problems are less to do with the links back to the remote server and more to do with the audio setup on the night! Teamtalkmag I'm sure have something very similar, but they've been doing it for years now (even when 4G didn't exist!) and they know the routine.

It would certainly be great if the PPV Tyrone GAA TV could be taken on the road, but one other consideration that would need to be taken into account is camera & microphone placement - you want a clear platform for the main camera, while you would also want to insure that the sound set up was both clear and not easy to be hijacked by those in attendance! In this case, the County board could do worse than to design plans for video & sound in advance at grounds most likely to host championship matches so that on match days temporary platforms and set ups can be quickly & easily deployed.

Christ Eugene you give us alot of useless information.

trileacman

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 25, 2019, 10:17:59 PM
Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on September 24, 2019, 05:36:34 PM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on September 24, 2019, 03:55:27 PM
Any word if tonights match is on Tyrone TV? Also find it strange that sunday's semi finals are being held in venues which do not accomodate Tv streaming.  Perhaps ££ figures are greater this season where it is not being streamed as it forces people to go to the game itself. I had this suspicion once the announcement was made at the start of the championship

They should be putting as many games on as possible on Tyrone TV, even if they are taking less money in, at the end of the day its gaining more coverage in the long run and its promoting the games in the County which in the long run also will lead to more corn for them!!

Healy Park, being the premier county ground, has been long fitted out for press facilities, not to mention a permenant platform for the main camera covering games in action. I'm not sure what IP facilities are available there, but I'd presume that the press box has at least ethernet connections available, probably WiFi too. Such facilities are almost certainly delivered by FTTC though given the roll out of FTTP by Openreach at present to towns and cities across d'North, Healy Park may be able to take advantage of that shortly too. Even if a journalist, photographer etc. can't get on Healy Park's internal Internet network, it's fortunate that the NI Water offices lie almost next door with its communications tower having 4G data coverage from all four networks on it.

Beyond Healy Park it can be a bit of a mixed bag. Potential Internet facilities at some grounds in Tyrone using landline might not be able to deliver an acceptable bandwidth to allow for good quality HD video streaming to a remote server. I'm thinking in particular of the quite rural grounds that are a good distance from a VDSL2 cabinet.

Using 4G data is a possible option though it can be fraught with issues, especially if they're fighting for bandwidth next to hundreds or even thousands of those in attendance! All four UK networks now offer unlimited data packages on contract for personal customers - however someone like the Tyrone County Board would likely need a business data package that has a service level agreement for priority service during peak usage times to minimise the chances of their live feeds being buffered. Loads of journalists use 4G set ups to deliver live "on-the-scene" reporting to TV channels and have done now successfully for several years, so the technology is proven. However I'm not sure that any one particular mobile network is available at every GAA ground in Tyrone, I think the county board has been trying this live coverage over 4G out already by using it for radio commentary for some games (in Fintona at least) and by the sounds of it, the problems are less to do with the links back to the remote server and more to do with the audio setup on the night! Teamtalkmag I'm sure have something very similar, but they've been doing it for years now (even when 4G didn't exist!) and they know the routine.

It would certainly be great if the PPV Tyrone GAA TV could be taken on the road, but one other consideration that would need to be taken into account is camera & microphone placement - you want a clear platform for the main camera, while you would also want to insure that the sound set up was both clear and not easy to be hijacked by those in attendance! In this case, the County board could do worse than to design plans for video & sound in advance at grounds most likely to host championship matches so that on match days temporary platforms and set ups can be quickly & easily deployed.

Good post.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

WBF

What is the story with players that have played championship football in the states? I was under the assumption they weren't allowed to play championship football when they returned?

GlenMan

Quote from: WBF on September 26, 2019, 01:32:03 AM
What is the story with players that have played championship football in the states? I was under the assumption they weren't allowed to play championship football when they returned?

They're allowed to play as normal with their Clubs again 60 days from the date the temporary transfer was granted.