Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

The elephant in the room and key question.
On what grounds did Kilcoo appeal? What happened in the past that they felt they had justification for an appeal?

Gaelforce123

Quote from: ck on October 16, 2023, 12:51:31 PMThe elephant in the room and key question.
On what grounds did Kilcoo appeal? What happened in the past that they felt they had justification for an appeal?

Ah now they could tell you anything in reply to that, the rest of the county know its because he doesnt fall for the head holding when theyre brought down and other forms of play acting and because 2 of their players were found to have been calling him in middle of night a few years back and insulting him that he may go against them. Even though he has done games they have won since (fact) but they dont like to have him in the championship. The real elephant in the room is the question of how,how when the county board dismissed the request, Ulster dismissed & DRA Croke Park dismissed..... was the referee replaced considering he did not step aside

Leftmidfield

Quote from: Gaelforce123 on October 16, 2023, 01:11:21 PM
Quote from: ck on October 16, 2023, 12:51:31 PMThe elephant in the room and key question.

Ah now they could tell you anything in reply to that, the rest of the county know its because he doesnt fall for the head holding when theyre brought down and other forms of play acting and because 2 of their players were found to have been calling him in middle of night a few years back and insulting him that he may go against them. Even though he has done games they have won since (fact) but they dont like to have him in the championship. The real elephant in the room is the question of how,how when the county board dismissed the request, Ulster dismissed & DRA Croke Park dismissed..... was the referee replaced considering he did not step aside
Is it fact that PF did not step aside ?

mugsy03

Shocking what happened to faloon, on eof the best refs in ireland. I hear hes already been in contact within armagh circles about reffing there. I suppose you cant really blame him at all

toby47

As an outsider looking in, I'd also have a real issue with the referee that stepped up and done the game instead of backing the injustice to his fellow referee.

Mourne Red

Quote from: toby47 on October 16, 2023, 01:35:30 PMAs an outsider looking in, I'd also have a real issue with the referee that stepped up and done the game instead of backing the injustice to his fellow referee.

Plenty of people inside the county have an issue with it too. Annaclone should be ashamed of themselves

Square Ball

Quote from: Mourne Red on October 16, 2023, 01:38:22 PM
Quote from: toby47 on October 16, 2023, 01:35:30 PMAs an outsider looking in, I'd also have a real issue with the referee that stepped up and done the game instead of backing the injustice to his fellow referee.

Plenty of people inside the county have an issue with it too. Annaclone should be ashamed of themselves

we will never know what shanigans went on behind the scenes, or will we.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Applesisapples

Fcuk and I thought Armagh Clubs didn't like Cross! There are some wild unsubstantiated comments here. But if it is true that the Down board didn't back him then he'd be right to walk.

Truth hurts

Quote from: Square Ball on October 16, 2023, 02:02:27 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on October 16, 2023, 01:38:22 PM

we will never know what shanigans went on behind the scenes, or will we.

Occasionally Annaclone guys umpire for Faloon,  so Brian and his cohorts didn't completely consider this one.

mugsy03

Very bad from the annaclone club if they knew that some of their members umpire for faloon. Some mess around this all looking in from the outside

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

SticksandStones

So in support of Paul, they got another ref???

toby47

Quote from: SticksandStones on October 16, 2023, 02:36:33 PMSo in support of Paul, they got another ref???

That's what I more less took from it?

'We are not happy with what Kilcoo done at all, but we bent over for them' would have been a shorter and easier read statement.