Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God14

Ive still my doubts about the Errigal rearguard. The personnel still very similar still from that calamitous collapse against Coalisland in 2021. Something like 8points up, plus a man up with 10 min to go, and lost

No one has really had a go at them yet

Eire90

are errigal legitimate  all ireland contenders

smort

They are probably a defender or two short of being the best team in Ireland. A contender though, yes. Probably rank them somewhere between 5th and 10th

Mikhailov

Trillick are loving this sort of chat

trailer

Quote from: Mikhailov on October 19, 2023, 04:04:00 PMTrillick are loving this sort of chat

Errigal could end up a bit like Clonoe and have a load of All Ireland winners T-shirts 2024 that they can't shift.

general_lee

Quote from: smort on October 19, 2023, 03:55:12 PMThey are probably a defender or two short of being the best team in Ireland. A contender though, yes. Probably rank them somewhere between 5th and 10th
I'd say they're an Ulster Club championship or two short as well.

LC

Quote from: general_lee on October 19, 2023, 05:01:47 PM
Quote from: smort on October 19, 2023, 03:55:12 PMThey are probably a defender or two short of being the best team in Ireland. A contender though, yes. Probably rank them somewhere between 5th and 10th
I'd say they're an Ulster Club championship or two short as well.

100%....a few people getting a bit carried away.

WT4E

Quote from: trailer on October 19, 2023, 04:52:18 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on October 19, 2023, 04:04:00 PMTrillick are loving this sort of chat

Errigal could end up a bit like Clonoe and have a load of All Ireland winners T-shirts 2024 that they can't shift.

Could sell them with the Cookstown Ones

RedHand88

Errigal beat Moortown and Ardboe and now they're one of the best teams in Ireland.

I'm away.

Moonshine

Trillick would be foolish to think the rubbish being piped here has come from anyone from Errigal. Usual candidates piping up, bigging Errigal up hoping for the mighty fall. All we know is Trillick are a strong young side. Beat us in a final 3 years ago nothing will be easy well set up by an ex Errigal manager.   

clarshack

Quote from: Moonshine on October 19, 2023, 09:08:53 PM

Trillick would be foolish to think the rubbish being piped here has come from anyone from Errigal. Usual candidates piping up, bigging Errigal up hoping for the mighty fall. All we know is Trillick are a strong young side. Beat us in a final 3 years ago nothing will be easy well set up by an ex Errigal manager.   

Maybe some of the Trillick side are young like any team but at least half of the current half side were there in 2015 for their senior triumph. And 3 years ago Dungannon won it so do you really mean 2019?

LeoMc

Quote from: Throw It Up Ref on October 19, 2023, 01:40:45 PM
Quote from: statto on October 19, 2023, 08:52:01 AM
Quote from: superstar_ on October 18, 2023, 10:25:51 PM
Quote from: ClubScene13 on October 18, 2023, 07:00:11 PMYou'd have to crown this Errigal team as the best seen in Tyrone in the last 15 years should they win by 3 or 4 plus next weekend? I don't think Ardboe are as bad as they were made to look on Saturday but jesus they were blown away.

You'd have to go back to the Errigal / Carmen teams of 20-30 years ago since we have seen anything like this, should they do the back to back.
Would you have Ardboe in the top 10 teams in Tyrone football?
Errigal Ciaran, Trillick, Dungannon, Dromore, Omagh, Killyclogher, Edendork, Carrickmore would all be ahead of them. Would they be any better than Donaghmore, Loughmacrory, Galbally? Debateable.
Did they not beat Omagh in the first round?  This Errigal side looks real deal pushing Glen close last year in first ulster run for a right few of the players could stand to them this year.  I see them beating the Armagh champions with something to spare if get over Trillick. 

Errigal definitely the justified favorites but Trillick will be a completely different prospect to Ardboe. Favourites yes but unbeatable they are not.

It is only a few years ago Trillick were a penalty kick from retaining the ONeill cup. Whilst Matty Donnelly is a big loss, the Garritys and Grays are a lot more complete footballers than they were 4 years ago.
ODonnell and Daly not too shabby either.

clarshack

Quote from: LeoMc on October 19, 2023, 09:45:07 PM
Quote from: Throw It Up Ref on October 19, 2023, 01:40:45 PM
Quote from: statto on October 19, 2023, 08:52:01 AM
Quote from: superstar_ on October 18, 2023, 10:25:51 PM
Quote from: ClubScene13 on October 18, 2023, 07:00:11 PMYou'd have to crown this Errigal team as the best seen in Tyrone in the last 15 years should they win by 3 or 4 plus next weekend? I don't think Ardboe are as bad as they were made to look on Saturday but jesus they were blown away.

You'd have to go back to the Errigal / Carmen teams of 20-30 years ago since we have seen anything like this, should they do the back to back.
Would you have Ardboe in the top 10 teams in Tyrone football?
Errigal Ciaran, Trillick, Dungannon, Dromore, Omagh, Killyclogher, Edendork, Carrickmore would all be ahead of them. Would they be any better than Donaghmore, Loughmacrory, Galbally? Debateable.
Did they not beat Omagh in the first round?  This Errigal side looks real deal pushing Glen close last year in first ulster run for a right few of the players could stand to them this year.  I see them beating the Armagh champions with something to spare if get over Trillick. 

Errigal definitely the justified favorites but Trillick will be a completely different prospect to Ardboe. Favourites yes but unbeatable they are not.

It is only a few years ago Trillick were a penalty kick from retaining the ONeill cup. Whilst Matty Donnelly is a big loss, the Garritys and Grays are a lot more complete footballers than they were 4 years ago.
ODonnell and Daly not too shabby either.

https://fb.watch/nNlgfHiJfd/

Liam Gray and the Garrity lad were producing the goods 3 years ago in the semi-final.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Eire90 on October 19, 2023, 03:50:10 PMare errigal legitimate  all ireland contenders

Yes, they will win the county final with something to spare. The only team I can see who should be able to beat them is Kilmacud Crokes. Do ulster play leinster in the AI semi or final?

dhá chos chlé

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 19, 2023, 08:32:40 PMErrigal beat Moortown and Ardboe and now they're one of the best teams in Ireland.

I'm away.

Couldn't agree more, only thing errigal have won is a semi final, and people are saying one of the best team in Ireland? Haven't heard worse.