Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommysmith

I don't blame the referee for the mess it was the county secretary who called haf time over the intercom.

I reckon he was doing what he was told.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Dirtyball on September 16, 2014, 09:53:56 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on September 15, 2014, 08:54:56 PM
Quote from: Dirtyball on September 15, 2014, 11:17:16 AM
It really is time for major changes at the top table within the Co Board. We now have a situation where 2 teams have qualified for the Senior Semis and they don't know who they playing. How can they plan ahead? Castlerahan have lost 3 times and can still be in the hunt. Our county team are out of the All ireland series since the middle of July yet we haven't even completed our quarters yet. We have a full time paid County Secetary who seems a usefull as an ashtray on a motorbike ! Club football is been pushed further and further into the background year after year. Hopefully we will get a Chairman next year who will make club football attractive and a priority otherwise we won't have a Cointy team in the future.

How is it the county boards fault that Castlerahan are appealing? Maybe they should just take their beating. In fact maybe some clubs should have a look at themselves if they don't like the championship format.

Who are the front runners for the chairman job? Keoghan I hear is one God help us.
I never said it was the CB fault that Castlerahen were appealing but it is their fault that there is a system where a team can lose 3 games and still be in the Championship. An open draw was made with 4 back door teams and 4 who qualified legit thus leaving the opportunity for back door teams to meet. That's the height of madness . There must be some donkey responsible .seems there was no advantage for winning games. Now we have a suites toon where 2 teams have qualified for the semi finals but don't know who they are playing. So how can these teams work on tactics if they don't know who they playing? That semi final draw should have taken place last Sunday. Incompetent donkys running club football in Cavan.

How is it Castlerahan's fault for the system in place. A bizarre comment.

Dirtyball

Quote from: mrdeeds on September 16, 2014, 01:38:21 PM
It really is time for major changes at the top table within the Co Board. We now have a situation where 2 teams have qualified for the Senior Semis and they don't know who they playing. How can they plan ahead? Castlerahan have lost 3 times and can still be in the hunt. Our county team are out of the All ireland series since the middle of July yet we haven't even completed our quarters yet. We have a full time paid County Secetary who seems a usefull as an ashtray on a motorbike ! Club football is been pushed further and further into the background year after year. Hopefully we will get a Chairman next year who will make club football attractive and a priority otherwise we won't have a Cointy team in the future.

How is it the county boards fault that Castlerahan are appealing? Maybe they should just take their beating. In fact maybe some clubs should have a look at themselves if they don't like the championship format.

Who are the front runners for the chairman job? Keoghan I hear is one God help us.
I never said it was the CB fault that Castlerahen were appealing but it is their fault that there is a system where a team can lose 3 games and still be in the Championship. An open draw was made with 4 back door teams and 4 who qualified legit thus leaving the opportunity for back door teams to meet. That's the height of madness . There must be some donkey responsible .seems there was no advantage for winning games. Now we have a suites toon where 2 teams have qualified for the semi finals but don't know who they are playing. So how can these teams work on tactics if they don't know who they playing? That semi final draw should have taken place last Sunday. Incompetent donkys running club football in Cavan.

if you read my last post again I lay the blame of the system with the CB. I shouldn't really have to point that out. You either can read or you can't!

mrdeeds

Quote from: Dirtyball on September 16, 2014, 02:09:52 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on September 16, 2014, 01:38:21 PM

if you read my last post again I lay the blame of the system with the CB. I shouldn't really have to point that out. You either can read or you can't!

Sorry. Re read. My mistake.

comeysfield

Lads the County Board is made up of Club Representatives if you feel strongly go to your next club meeting and make suggestions. As the Executive of the county board are asking / looking for pointers for next years structures

tommysmith

Quote from: comeysfield on September 16, 2014, 06:15:02 PM
Lads the County Board is made up of Club Representatives if you feel strongly go to your next club meeting and make suggestions. As the Executive of the county board are asking / looking for pointers for next years structures

Yeah and then the Executiv/e can use there votes to get there way.

five points

Quote from: Blue in hope on September 15, 2014, 05:45:43 PM
Why are referees been accessed at each match if the CCC are ignoring them. Surely the referee accessors panel should be appointing the refs for games and not a few clubs representatives on the CCC  looking after certain teams. CCC don't do it  in Croke Park for county matches so why do we allow it to happen in Cavan.

The Cavan CCC don't appoint referees. The county board uses the exact same process as Croke Park for appointing refs.  The GAA rule book doesn't allow referee assessors to appoint refs.

Dirtyball

I expect a few clubs will be calling for the resignation of our full time "paid" co Sec after fiasco between Castlerahen and Mullahoran. And about time too. Ever since the Tommy Carr appointment it's been 1 f**k up after another at both county and club level. New blood  with fresh ideas almost  definitely needed.

Blue in hope

Re: Official Cavan GAA Thread
« Reply #13974 on: Today at 01:00:05 PM »
Quote from: Blue in hope on September 15, 2014, 05:45:43 PM
Why are referees been accessed at each match if the CCC are ignoring them. Surely the referee accessors panel should be appointing the refs for games and not a few clubs representatives on the CCC  looking after certain teams. CCC don't do it  in Croke Park for county matches so why do we allow it to happen in Cavan.

The Cavan CCC don't appoint referees. The county board uses the exact same process as Croke Park for appointing refs.  The GAA rule book doesn't allow referee assessors to appoint refs.

The Cavan CCC under the Chairmanship of Gary Robins and Secretary Angela Hamiliton from Shercock DO appoint all referees for matches in the county. The Cavan County Referee Co-ordinator John Duffy job is to forward on suitable names to  the CCC to referee matches on the basis that they have meet the minimum criteria (Passed fitness test,passed referees exam,and have done refresher courses, all run by him on as the co ordinator. He also takes into account the assessment received by the referees from previous matches. All Championship matches in Cavan have had a assessor appointed so John Duffys committee  have reports to go on based on their match performance. They make recommendation to the CCC based on all these point.
In Croke Park Pat Mc Enaeny is the national referee Co-ordinator and he appoints all inter county referees for matches not the CCC.

rodney trotter

The whole congestion of fixtures wouldn't have happened if the Co board had of played Extra time in the first Ramor - C'rahan game. They knew the losers would be playing Mullahoran the following week, instead of looking for ££ they  could have just had extra time that day without the a replay.
3 games in 8 days was too much, then the cck up with the lights going off. Looks like that case will drag out now

five points

I think theres a rule that drawn matches can't go to extra time & must go to a replay, unless the game is a replay.

rodney trotter

Cavan away to Roscommon in first round of the National League next year, Paul Fitz was saying on Twitter it's the 8th time in the last 10 years Cavan have been handed an away fixture in the first round.

mrdeeds

Quote from: five points on September 18, 2014, 09:01:24 AM
I think theres a rule that drawn matches can't go to extra time & must go to a replay, unless the game is a replay.

Any game up to quarters can have extra time.

rodney trotter

Division 2

Round 1 (1 February): Galway v Meath, Kildare v Down, Roscommon v Cavan, Westmeath v Laois

Round 2 (7/8 February): Down v Roscommon, Laois v Cavan, Meath v Kildare, Westmeath v Galway

Round 3 (28 February/1 March): Cavan v Down, Galway v Laois, Kildare v Westmeath, Roscommon v Meath

Round 4 (7/8 March): Cavan v Kildare, Down v Galway, Laois v Roscommon, Meath v Westmeath

Round 5 (14/15 March): Galway v Cavan, Kildare v Roscommon, Meath v Laois, Westmeath v Down

Round 6 (28/29 March): Cavan v Westmeath, Down v Meath, Laois v Kildare, Roscommon v Galway

Round 7 (5 April): Down v Laois, Galway v Kildare, Meath v Cavan, Westmeath v Roscommon

More away games then home yet again, Meath in the last round in Navan, they always seem to be at home whenever Cavan play them in the league. Some tough fixtures.