John Maughan
11 (11.1%)
Kevin McStay
50 (50.5%)
A.N. Other
29 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 99

AZOffaly

I was going to comment on that nonsense, and then realised there was no point. Disappointing article from Horan. I thought more of him than that.

mouview

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 15, 2014, 03:26:14 PM
any other candidates?
What about Dermot Flanagan - hear he was a great man to train and motivate Ballaghadreen this year (and in a prev year).
An extremely passionate man on football and Mayo football.
very astute and most def not a yes man.
prob wouldn't be looking to break the bank either.
wouldn't tolerate any BS though.
A leader on the field and a man who could motivate and lead the Mayo squad right now!
imo

Cleaned in a couple of finals. Always had a bit of an opinion about himself (and his heritage) according to mates of mine (from Mayo) who met him out.

moysider

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 15, 2014, 09:32:50 PM
I was going to comment on that nonsense, and then realised there was no point. Disappointing article from Horan. I thought more of him than that.

Really?

Once in the last 8 years is a lot more regularly than we ve played there ;).

This whole episode has left a sour taste in the county unfortunately.

Our county board let the team down by rolling over and having their tummies tickled. No surprise there.

What is more worrying now is that they may appoint a table thumper and a yes man.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: moysider on September 15, 2014, 10:12:04 PM

Really?

Our county board let the team down by rolling over and having their tummies tickled. No surprise there.

What is more worrying now is that they may appoint a table thumper and a yes man.
I wonder how many Kerry players played there at minor or u21 level?
I was told that quite a few of them did. I dunno- just sayin' what I heard, like.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

IolarCoisCuain

Don't judge Horan on the Irish Times piece AZ. The actual interview itself is longer. The Times only pulled the quotes that sounded controversial.

From a Mayo point of view, what was really interesting in the article is what Horan had to say about the country board. People in Mayo are getting worried now about who'll replace Horan. The Board couldn't be small-minded enough to tie the hands of the next man with the team so close to glory? Could they?

From the Bunker

Really?

A really sour Episode in the county for sure. The whole Limerick fixture a joke from start to finish! The total ignoring of the incompetence of the Referee from the media!

moysider

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 15, 2014, 10:20:25 PM

Don't judge Horan on the Irish Times piece AZ. The actual interview itself is longer. The Times only pulled the quotes that sounded controversial.

From a Mayo point of view, what was really interesting in the article is what Horan had to say about the country board. People in Mayo are getting worried now about who'll replace Horan. The Board couldn't be small-minded enough to tie the hands of the next man with the team so close to glory? Could they?

They could appoint somebody that won t need his hands tied. A capo and a patsy at the same time.

blanketattack

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 15, 2014, 10:17:14 PM

Really?

I was told that quite a few of them did. I dunno- just sayin' what I heard, like.

Kerry-Limerick minor games are usually played in Kilmallock.

moysider

Quote from: blanketattack on September 15, 2014, 11:18:33 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 15, 2014, 10:17:14 PM

Really?

Kerry-Limerick minor games are usually played in Kilmallock.

Missing the point. We don t play in Markievicz Park much but if we had an AI semi there - if it had capacity - it would have a home feel about it. Say against an Ulster or leinster team.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: mouview on September 15, 2014, 10:11:23 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 15, 2014, 03:26:14 PM
any other candidates?
What about Dermot Flanagan - hear he was a great man to train and motivate Ballaghadreen this year (and in a prev year).
An extremely passionate man on football and Mayo football.
very astute and most def not a yes man.
prob wouldn't be looking to break the bank either.
wouldn't tolerate any BS though.
A leader on the field and a man who could motivate and lead the Mayo squad right now!
imo

Cleaned in a couple of finals. Always had a bit of an opinion about himself (and his heritage) according to mates of mine (from Mayo) who met him out.
Don't know about a couple of finals but def was injured in one which left him below par.

I understand a lot of people say he has an opinion of himself, but that's largely because he doesn't do the bullsiht mock self defacing negativity
Plus he is a highly educated well spoken guy - which often rubs people up the wrong way.

Ask any of the late 80's early 90's mayo teams or his club sides about his very progressive football thinking. Certainly not far off Jim McGuinness mentality when it comes to pushing boundaries in football training and preparation and tactics.

Def a good man to have in management team if not the actual manager.
Would kill for the mayo cause.

muppet

Lads, if Horan's point about Kerry being familiar with the Gaelic Grounds was valid, then his suggestion of Thurles as an alternative was odd to say the least. Portlaoise or Tullamore maybe.

But I think his main point was the lack of support from the CB. Every team will have members who make mistakes but, when that happens, if we can't rely on our teammates, management and supporters for back up, things get much more difficult.
MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

Lookit, James would have been better off saying nothing.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Collie Brolly

"But those kind of comments don't bother me."

Says the man who comes up with a staunch defence to said comments.
Good man James u keep telling urself that u might even believe it.
Unbelievable cheap shot at county board,surely as manager the last thing he needed that wk was his chairman publicly havin a pop at the uachtaran whether he was entitled to or not.

Rossfan

Quote from: Jinxy on September 16, 2014, 09:53:00 AM
Lookit, James would have been better off saying nothing.
+1.
Also how would a 2 or 3  day County Board squabble with HQ help the team's preparations?
Hopefully all this is a sign of Rhubarb disintegration  :-*
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

muppet

Quote from: Collie Brolly on September 16, 2014, 10:54:40 AM
"But those kind of comments don't bother me."

Says the man who comes up with a staunch defence to said comments.
Good man James u keep telling urself that u might even believe it.
Unbelievable cheap shot at county board,surely as manager the last thing he needed that wk was his chairman publicly havin a pop at the uachtaran whether he was entitled to or not.

Really? The last thing he needed??

Of all of the things that could possibly go wrong over a week, you think the last thing he needed was the Chairman of the CB to criticise An t-Uachtarán for his daft insulting of everyone in Mayo?

What would be second last?
An outbreak of Ebola in Ballintubber taking out Cillian & Alan?
3rd last - the O'Sé brothers join Sydney Swans and leave immediately?
MWWSI 2017