Tonight with Vincent Browne - tonight

Started by Ulick, April 13, 2011, 07:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulick

Main Street

Should be good, I'd expect VB to be sitting back on his chair.

"Why is the Irish government soft on terrorism"?? "why haven't they executed Sean Fitzpatrick"?
;D

Carmen Stateside

I like this guy Max.  Will the TV3 player have it up tonight online?

Denn Forever

Constantin for Minister of Finance.

But Vincent is someone only a Mother could love.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Main Street

VB interrupted the flow way too much. We had to endure him stuttering and stumbling through the unanswered and unresolved questions he has in his own head. The same questions he has expended so much time asking about in the past but so little time spent listening to the answers.
He is stuck conservatively in time, in a labyrinth of his own construction.

Declan

Compulsive viewing but Lord above wtf was that idiot from the Indo doing there? It was priceless to hear her every contribution being rubbished and then Lucey asked her to show us what she knew about the threats from the ECB - great stuff. Vinnie can be very annoying alright. Listening him defend Seanie Fitz and the bankers was gas and then the bould Max says "ah here buddy you have stockhoilm syndrome". Would have loved to heard Alan Ahearne or one of the current crew try and argue the opposite side of things. Most perceptive thing I took out of it is that the lads thought that the infamous bond market would have no problem lending us money if we had a credible plan and the scare the children stuff re no money in the ATMS etc was put to bed quite succintly by Sommerville I thought.

The unfortunate thing about it is it will all go unnoticed by the govt who are only continuing the failed policies of FF/Greens.

Then I had to listen to that gobdaw Richie Boucher on the radio this morning - Spare me  >:( >:( >:( 

ross matt

Quote from: Declan on April 14, 2011, 08:11:20 AM
Compulsive viewing but Lord above wtf was that idiot from the Indo doing there? It was priceless to hear her every contribution being rubbished and then Lucey asked her to show us what she knew about the threats from the ECB - great stuff. Vinnie can be very annoying alright. Listening him defend Seanie Fitz and the bankers was gas and then the bould Max says "ah here buddy you have stockhoilm syndrome". Would have loved to heard Alan Ahearne or one of the current crew try and argue the opposite side of things. Most perceptive thing I took out of it is that the lads thought that the infamous bond market would have no problem lending us money if we had a credible plan and the scare the children stuff re no money in the ATMS etc was put to bed quite succintly by Sommerville I thought.

The unfortunate thing about it is it will all go unnoticed by the govt who are only continuing the failed policies of FF/Greens.

Then I had to listen to that gobdaw Richie Boucher on the radio this morning - Spare me  >:( >:( >:(

+1 Declan. Boucher sounded terrible this am let alone the shite he was spouting.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on April 13, 2011, 10:00:43 PM
I like this guy Max.  Will the TV3 player have it up tonight online?
It's online now.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Declan on April 14, 2011, 08:11:20 AM

+1 Declan

we should not be giving a cent more to the BOI.

Main Street

I suppose this show more than any other, exposed VB as a man bereft of an understanding of any alternative to the status quo approach to the bailout.
An interesting segment came when Max exclaimed that there is no difference between the bankers and the government, as in  both of them are equally corrupt.
VB sincerely said that claim was ridiculous as there is no concrete evidence against government/politicians.
What a wishy washy concept he has of corruption.
  Does he not accept that the crime is saddling the state with the massive private debt? The corruption is the collusion of government, practiced under a fog of persistant deception and lies, which has resulted in one decision after another, saddling the state with private debt.
The evidence of corruption can be seen in every decision made since 2008. And still this deception goes on with the present government since the time of their election campaign.

Hardy

I was disappointed with Max. I always enjoyed his YouTube rants. Unfortunately, I found out last night that that's all he can do - rant. That's grand and entertaining and all, especially when you agree with his central, if not all that original thesis - that they're all crooks, all in it together and they're screwing us and we just shouldn't take it.

But he was exposed last night as a chancer. The number of times he had to be corrected on facts by the other panel members was almost embarrassing. His very starting point - that the Irish debt crisis was derivatives based - was torn up in the first minute and he was floundering from there on.

The only thing that saved him from a complete embarrassment was the fact that our attention was diverted by the eccentric carry-on of Browne. I think he's gone completely doolally at this stage. It's hard to give any attention to anything he's saying as you can't overcome the distraction of the series of tics, sighs, grunts, bilious eructations and inaudible mutterings that pour out of him.

Billys Boots

QuoteIt's hard to give any attention to anything he's saying as you can't overcome the distraction of the series of tics, sighs, grunts, bilious eructations and inaudible mutterings that pour out of him.

Now that's hardly new is it?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Declan

I'm inclined to give Max a bit more leeway on the specifics of the Irish debt crisis Hardy - I enjoy his rants but I do think he's more than just a chancer.

Vinnies personal habits on the other hand are enough to drive me mad alright

Fear ón Srath Bán

Late night with Vincent tonight, but Vinny can't do smiling without menaces... not a recipe for success I'd say.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Shamrock Shore

This is a Noel V and Paddy (pay your Fukin taxes) Cole show.

Frances Black and two no marks won't feature