Saturday July 22 Cork v Mayo, Gaelic Grounds, 5PM

Started by Lar Naparka, July 10, 2017, 03:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on July 12, 2017, 03:04:58 PM
"All conquering Rossies"
Aye - we bet Cyaavan, Laythrum and flaky Galway this year.
What's the story Ross?
Could we wind up playing each other?
(I'd pity poor Syferus if we do; he'll be like a poodle with two lamposts and only one piss.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Blowitupref

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 12, 2017, 03:23:03 PM
"All conquering Rossies"
What's the story Ross?
(I'd pity poor Syferus if we do; he'll be like a poodle with two lamposts and only one piss.

Kerry or Roscommon for Mayo if they reach the quarter final and a case could be made its better for Mayo to play Kerry in the quarter final than a semi final.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

"All conquering Rossies"
What's the story Ross?
Don't know if it would be Syfīn's ultimate nightmare or wet dream.....
If Galway (or Connemara as a lot of the Herrins are now calling them) win then we have to play winners of  Langers/Rhubarbs game.
Should be some craic round Ballagh as the true Rossies try to restrain themselves when facing Traitors.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

oliverkelly

Watched some of the hurling last night played in Limerick and the pitch didnt look in good condition at all.

PW Nally

Quote from: oliverkelly on July 13, 2017, 10:57:36 AM
Watched some of the hurling last night played in Limerick and the pitch didnt look in good condition at all.
Bad stadium for crowd expected as will suppress any atmosphere with attendance maybe 20% of capacity.

Why not have it in Ennis again with 80% of capacity achievable and closer to half way between both counties.

Will look bad on TV also.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on July 12, 2017, 05:05:52 PM
"All conquering Rossies"
What's the story Ross?
Don't know if it would be Syfīn's ultimate nightmare or wet dream.....
If Galway (or Connemara as a lot of the Herrins are now calling them) win then we have to play winners of  Langers/Rhubarbs game.
Should be some craic round Ballagh as the true Rossies try to restrain themselves when facing Traitors.
True Rossies, me arse! ;D ;D
Ye have spent the last 6 generations trying to get the Gaels of Ballagh to lower their standards and lie down with ye. I'd be embarrassed t even mention Ballagh in public if I was a sheep shagger.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rossfan

If some people in that West Roscommon town want to hide from the light and wallow in the darkness off with them.

Crete Boom

There seems to be a lot of traitors in Roscommon , Ballagh People , the lads who appointed McStay & McHale , the lads who stayed on the panel etc..

What I am wondering is , is the policing of all these traitors left up to Rossfan & Gay Sheerin or do the get some help fom time to time??

I suppose this is the price of a bit of silverware these days!!

Rossfan

Ye lads should be preparing for the trip to the Ennis Road and not be sticking ye're Rhubarby noses into Provincial Championship affairs :P

Crete Boom

Quote from: Rossfan on July 13, 2017, 05:00:24 PM
Ye lads should be preparing for the trip to the Enniskillen Road and not be sticking ye're Rhubarby noses into Provincial Championship affairs :P

Where would you be without the Mayo nous of McStay & McHale though Rossfan?? You are welcome by the way!! ;D

Rossfan

Ahhh Creteen they couldn't make a silk purse out of a pig's lug.
We produced the players in the first place ;)
Fair play to them all the same.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Rossfan on July 13, 2017, 05:23:53 PM
Ahhh Creteen they couldn't make a silk purse out of a pig's lug.
We produced the players in the first place ;)
Fair play to them all the same.

Ah come on Ross I now Syferus makes you hate all things Mayo even more ( which I can uderstand to be honest!!) but McStay & McHale have delivered an All Ireland Club Championship, a Connacht title and a first win in the championship in 16 years over one of the big two in Connacht!! Surely we deserve some love for that haul??

Rossfan

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 13, 2017, 06:29:02 PM
Ye owe us that to make up for the Tanman😈

No more cool, clean superhero jibes? Awful quiet on that front for someone who was proven to be spectacularly wrong.

No point having good players without a good manager, indeed you were questioning if many of these players were even good enough for inter-county.. it's a wonder we have so many good players in your eyes at all.

Rossfan

You've been dying all week to have a go at someone who wasn't impressed by McStay's efforts earlier in the year.
Fair play to well paid manager prepares team to be mentally and physically fit for 1st big Championship game in July with 9 months notice.
One big swallow alright but next game will tell how good the Summer is.
The real work starts now. Let's hope he can do as well when he has only 6 days notice of who our next opponents are.
I was giving him 1/10 during NFL, 2/10 at end of it. Giving him 5/10 now.
The man I said wasn't an IC footballer had his best game - because he was sent out from the danger area to where he could horse and battle.
Again he needs to do as well again 30th July.
I hope he does as contrary to your perceptions I want to see every Ros player do very well and by extension the manager/ment.

Apologies to the Co.  Mayo lads for ruining their thread.