F.A.O. Crossmaglen.

Started by Bud Wiser, February 21, 2012, 06:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

Anyone know the four lads from Cross who came down to support the golf classic last May? If one of you come on here Avon Ri have some Premium tickets to offer you for the final on Paddy's Day or you can raffle them for the club or whatever. PM Name, c/o Club.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

AZOffaly

Johnny Hanratty was one of them Bud, but I think he's sorted for tickets as he's midfield :) I think Mickey McNamee was another, And maybe Paul McKenna was another one?

Denn Forever

I'm sure their families might enjoy the Premier experience.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Denn Forever on February 21, 2012, 11:04:37 AM
I'm sure their families might enjoy the Premier experience.

I know, I'm only kidding. I'm sure the families would love premier tickets. Fair play to Bud for offering them to the lads. Broken Cross can help you out here Bud.

supersub

Id say BCB1 could tell you...was he not there too!?

Bud Wiser

Brokencross is on the case now and we are in PM mode.  Thanks.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

armaghranger12

It was Johnny Hanratty, Paul Mc keown Brendan Mc Keown and Micky mac... Dont think there was 2much Golf played. Weather got the better of it ..

AZOffaly

Quote from: armaghranger12 on February 21, 2012, 03:37:41 PM
It was Johnny Hanratty, Paul Mc keown Brendan Mc Keown and Micky mac... Dont think there was 2much Golf played. Weather got the better of it ..

It got the better of us alright, but we fought back in the bar afterwards :D

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 21, 2012, 03:45:30 PM

The 4 Green Fields team fought the good fight and battled it through!!!  If AI's were awarded for idiots, we all have Celtic Crosses ;D

armaghranger12

[/

I do believe that Johnny Hanratty is ever beating when it come to the bar...That man loves Pints

AZOffaly

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 21, 2012, 03:50:12 PM

The 4 Green Fields team fought the good fight and battled it through!!!  If AI's were awarded for idiots, we all have Celtic Crosses ;D

My knees were chaffed so much from the wind and rain blowing my trousers, that I was bleeding at the end of the round! Satisfaction walking in though, not like the Cross lightweights that went 9 holes max :D

armaghranger12

bigger fools use for staying out... Cross boys 9 holes and then the pub.good team spirit

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 21, 2012, 03:59:17 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 21, 2012, 03:50:12 PM

My knees were chaffed so much from the wind and rain blowing my trousers, that I was bleeding at the end of the round! Satisfaction walking in though, not like the Cross lightweights that went 9 holes max :D

At least you had satisfaction, the emotion on display from the lads still half cut after spending the night on Seanie's floor was one of relief. If we were of sound mind and body we'd have done what the Cross lads did, they had the right idea that day.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Declan

Quotethe emotion on display from the lads still half cut after spending the night on Seanie's floor was one of relief

Relief is one way of describing it alright - If we hadn't stayed out I wouldn't have birdied the 18th!!!!