TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAA Beo

On Setanta's coverage, I don't know what editorial decisions they take regarding what matches they decide to televise. And it's unlikely we will be covering the Tyrone County Final. Once the county finals I outlined earlier are broadcast, we're probably on to the Club Championship at that stage, through November and December. When we finalize details, I'll post them here.

Lecale2

Quote from: GAA Beo on October 05, 2007, 10:18:08 AM
On Setanta's coverage, I don't know what editorial decisions they take regarding what matches they decide to televise. And it's unlikely we will be covering the Tyrone County Final. Once the county finals I outlined earlier are broadcast, we're probably on to the Club Championship at that stage, through November and December. When we finalize details, I'll post them here.

Good man. Keep up the good work!

longball

Think Sentana's coverage is very good camara angles in TG4 is terrible same position all the time!
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

full back

Quote from: longball on October 05, 2007, 01:27:44 PM
Think Sentana's coverage is very good camara angles in TG4 is terrible same position all the time!

I would assume Setanta have a bigger budget than TG4. Bit unfair longball - maybe you would rather check the results on Aertel or even get updates on the radio :o
TG4 do a good job of covering games we would never see otherwise

longball

Suppose ur right FB half a loaf is better than no bread
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back

Quote from: illdecide on October 05, 2007, 01:37:56 PM
Who is on this weekend?

Sligo Football Final Live then Down Final with deferred coverage after it

Guillem2

Good choice. I didn't see the Sligo match as I was at the Antrim finals but the Down SFC final was a great game of football. Well done to all at TG4 for bringing this to a wider audience!
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Owenmoresider

Don't know how it looked on TV but I felt our final was decent enough fare, though not as exciting as last year's perhaps.

NB - looking at it from the camera's perspective (i.e. at the stand and adjoining terraces) you would say there was a small crowd at it, and it looked bad in that sense, but the majority of the crowd ended up on the terrace where the cameras were, as there's a better view to be had there, so there was a bigger crowd then one would assume.

magpie seanie

I still thought it was a poor crowd for a county final.

Balboa

What is on the agenda for the next few weeks?

Owenmoresider

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 08, 2007, 11:09:04 AM
I still thought it was a poor crowd for a county final.
Suppose it was. Usually the stand and townside terrace would be as good as full, surprising considering the teams involved.

Then again - pay €20 or watch it on the TV instead? A disgraceful price to charge, even for a final.

GAA Beo

Changes to GAA beo schedule next Sunday etc. Some details to be confirmed. Because of Kerry Co Final being postponed due to draw last weekend, we will now cover Laois Co Football Final between Portlaoise v Stradbally live. Programme starts transmission at 3:15 pm (TBC) (throw in 3:45 pm). Deferred match TBC.
On 21st Oct, Tipperary Hurling Final will be live between Loughmore-Killiney and Drom & Inch, followed by Monaghan Co Football Final, Castleblaney Faughs v Clontibret (deferred).
On 28th Oct, Kilkenny hurling final will be deferred transmission, live match which precedes it TBC.
Looks like 4th November we will in Club Championship territory, all the way to December 9th when we broadcast Munster & Leinster club football finals.

I'll amend changes, fill in gaps when counties have come back to us. In the meantime, websites will probably be inaccurate - it's unfortunate but it's the nature of matches at this time of year.

GAA Beo

One further change. Laois Co Football Final will have a throw in time of 4 pm next Sunday, so GAA Beo will be on air from 3:30 pm onwards. Deferred match TBC.

snappiered

Is the Tyrone final on this Sunday? Is it the live game