Connacht Club championships 2021

Started by Blowitupref, November 14, 2021, 08:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Connacht senior semi final between Pearses and Mountbellew Moylough that was to be played Sunday is called off.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 24, 2021, 09:18:07 PM
Connacht senior semi final between Pearses and Mountbellew Moylough that was to be played Sunday is called off.

Any reason why?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 24, 2021, 09:55:16 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 24, 2021, 09:18:07 PM

Any reason why?
Covid outbreak in the Mountbellew-Moylough camp.

Blowitupref

Pádraig Pearses v Mountbellew Moylough rescheduled for December 11th at 1.30pm in Dr Hyde Park

Matches for this weekend.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

It's a bit annoying for Padraig Pearses having their final played quite a while back having no competitive game since.

Blowitupref

Results from the two matches today.

Intermediate Hurling semi final

Robert Emmets (London) 1-12 Tooreen 1-19

Intermediate football semi final

After extra time St Faithleachs (Roscommon) 1-12 St Farnans (Sligo) 1-11 

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

Twenty-four years after our last foray into the Connacht series, the boys go again. Hoping they'll do the job later today against Tourlestrane.

Blowitupref

Knockmore into their first Connacht final since the mid 90s. Pushed all the way by Tourlestrane, 0-10 to 0-8 winners.

Junior Semi final result

Kilmeena 1-14  Athenry 0-7

Rossfan

I hear the midwest bucks speculating that Mountbellew will opt for Tuam for the Final >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on December 05, 2021, 03:38:49 PM
I hear the midwest bucks speculating that Mountbellew will opt for Tuam for the Final >:(

And where will Pearses opt for?

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 05, 2021, 02:53:47 PM
Knockmore into their first Connacht final since the mid 90s. Pushed all the way by Tourlestrane, 0-10 to 0-8 winners.

Junior Semi final result

Pushed all the way surely. Made life very difficult, second best to most breaks. Subs made the difference, stronger bench than Tourlestrane's. Had a 'gut' feeling when it was 7-6 to Tourlestrane that Knockmore were going to win. Getting on top in most areas. In saying that, if any Pearses or Mountbellew-Moylough were watching, they won't be losing much sleep. Still though, a win is a win.

Cunny Funt

Wide open Connacht senior championship, I could make a case for all three winning it.

Final should be played in a Mayo venue as the last Galway v Mayo and Mayo v Roscommon Connacht games was played in Dr Hyde Park and Tuam.

rosnarun

Quote from: Farrandeelin on December 05, 2021, 03:54:33 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 05, 2021, 03:38:49 PM

And where will Pearses opt for?

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 05, 2021, 02:53:47 PM

Junior Semi final result

Pushed all the way surely. Made life very difficult, second best to most breaks. Subs made the difference, stronger bench than Tourlestrane's. Had a 'gut' feeling when it was 7-6 to Tourlestrane that Knockmore were going to win. Getting on top in most areas. In saying that, if any Pearses or Mountbellew-Moylough were watching, they won't be losing much sleep. Still though, a win is a win.
Knockmore  havent really punched anyones lights out this year but they keep winnimg.
that forward unit will click one day and someone will suffer .
As for Location there isnt really anywhere to play it in  Mayo Ballina is  worse than Tuam and nearly as bad as the Hyde
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Mano

Tourlestrane really left that one behind them. At that level you have to be converting your goal chances. Knockmore are a good side and made us pay for those missed opportunities

sligoman2

I agree Mano, a good performance all round from Tourlestrane.  However scoring 2 points in the last 25 minutes will never be good enough to win any game. A lot of basic errors unfortunately but the passion and commitment was top class.  Best of luck to knockmore in the final, ye got out of jail yesterday but not by much..
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Cunny Funt

Pearses 1-2 Mountbellew Moylough 1-3 in a wet and windy Hyde Park at half time.

Full Time Pearses 1-8 Mountbellew Moylough 1-7

Hurling final result

Tooreen 1-15 Moycullen 0-14

Intermediate Semi final
Leitirmor 3-12 Mayo 1-14.