Ulster Club SFC 2021

Started by general_lee, November 14, 2021, 07:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver hill

Quote from: Centre3Quarters on November 18, 2021, 10:48:48 AM
In your head, If you want to call, being one of a group of 7 who were there for 5 games, as actually managing your club's senior team, then knock yourself out.
Talk about clutching at straws.  ::)

Glen and Micky have both moved on...
Micky made himself available the following year on a part time basis until Leitrim were knocked out then taking over full time, this offer was turned down with Gormleys influence at committee level. Gormley then went and got Culbert.
Later Micky had an offer from Slaughtneil to which Glen got wind of and offered him the insult of an interview for the senior post.
It is often glossed over the fact Gormley walked out on Glen seniors after an incident with players in an end of season u21 game, it was later discovered he had already accepted an offer to take Galbally.
[/quote]

Not going to get into a he said she said and you can rose tint it whatever way you want to,but the original point I made stands, Moran has not managed his home club.
The club moved on and thankfully we got the just rewards of everyone else's collective effort.

Kickham csc

Quote from: Silver hill on November 18, 2021, 03:42:20 PM
Quote from: Centre3Quarters on November 18, 2021, 10:48:48 AM
In your head, If you want to call, being one of a group of 7 who were there for 5 games, as actually managing your club's senior team, then knock yourself out.
Talk about clutching at straws.  ::)

Glen and Micky have both moved on...
Micky made himself available the following year on a part time basis until Leitrim were knocked out then taking over full time, this offer was turned down with Gormleys influence at committee level. Gormley then went and got Culbert.
Later Micky had an offer from Slaughtneil to which Glen got wind of and offered him the insult of an interview for the senior post.
It is often glossed over the fact Gormley walked out on Glen seniors after an incident with players in an end of season u21 game, it was later discovered he had already accepted an offer to take Galbally.

Not going to get into a he said she said and you can rose tint it whatever way you want to,but the original point I made stands, Moran has not managed his home club.
The club moved on and thankfully we got the just rewards of everyone else's collective effort.
[/quote]

OK, so to be clear;
Micky did make himself available and Glen turned him down, and then he got offered to lead Slaughtneil.
Gormley played a big part in blocking Mickey for the role and then took umbrage at him managing Slaughtneil.
But Gormley has successfully painted Mickey as the bad guy (going by the confrontation on the sideline in a previous match)

Could this not be a case of Gormley's past falling out due to the Coleman - County board issue resurfacing and him using his influence in Glen to keep Moran out?

Also heard previously that some of the calls that Moran received during the Coleman - County board issue were close to criminal

Kickham csc

Quote from: Centre3Quarters on November 18, 2021, 05:03:25 PM
Basically a County issue was allowed to become a club issue, this should never have happened and egos should have been left at Owenbeg for the betterment of Glen!
House is in order now and we move forward!

Is Moran considered in the fold?

rrhf

He reorganised the club in advance of their youth successes did he not.  It takes all hands.

Silver hill

Quote from: rrhf on November 19, 2021, 03:56:38 PM
He reorganised the club in advance of their youth successes did he not.  It takes all hands.

Incorrect.

GAABoardMod5

Thread is Ulster Club SFC 2021.

Get back on topic, please.

quit yo jibbajabba

Big Mod5 pushin his weight about tonite hi

Hon Derry

JoG2

Ulster Council website showing Sunday's game from Letterkenny I hear

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JoG2 on November 19, 2021, 08:31:15 PM

Glen by 8

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 19, 2021, 09:18:19 PM

Glen by 8

8? At this stage we are looking at max 3 point wins, which is considerable at this stage of the year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

It really is an interesting one. Could go any way. I think glen will win but Donegal not easy won so letterkenny might have a sting in them.

North Man

Very impressed with Glen
Exceptional team and management.
I believe this will be their acid test.
Eunan's will not want a highly rated outfit come into their back yard to to make wee boys of them.
This has the making of a dour show
If Glen come out of Letterkenny I think they will be the team to beat in Ulster
If it Euan's, they head to Monaghan, a completely different show.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 19, 2021, 09:25:26 PM

Glen by 8

8? At this stage we are looking at max 3 point wins, which is considerable at this stage of the year

Yeah 8. Glad to be proven wrong

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 19, 2021, 11:13:34 PM

Glen by 8

There's no fun if your wrong! Unable to take the piss
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 19, 2021, 11:15:38 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 19, 2021, 11:13:34 PM

Glen by 8

There's no fun if your wrong! Unable to take the piss
Lol