Ulster Club SFC 2021

Started by general_lee, November 14, 2021, 07:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Estimator

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 16, 2021, 02:58:15 PM
So you're not  fan then...
Silver Hill's views on Mickey Moran was the catalyst for the original Derry Club Football & Hurling Thread being locked, and a new one had to be created.
If you have a look at the last few pages of that, his opinion on MM's relationship with Glen will be abundantly clear.
Ulster League Champions 2009

J70

Eunan's are a young team, but good footballers all around. Not too many big county stars either (yet), although Patton in goal should be a big weapon for them, while Niall O'Donnell had a very good Ulster Championship for Donegal this year and you'd expect him to become a star for Donegal going forward. One or two more squad players like Caolan Ward. And of course Rory Kavanagh managing them.

They were raging underdogs against Glenties, so not sure how motivated they'll be to give Ulster a rattle, especially as you'd fancy them to win a few more county titles in the coming years.

Silver hill

Quote from: tonto1888 on November 16, 2021, 09:43:30 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on November 16, 2021, 09:31:05 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 16, 2021, 09:29:12 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on November 16, 2021, 08:58:28 AM
Kilcoo Dromore final, god help the referee and stewards, McIvor back against his old team. Moran could also be paired against his old team of Maghera.

A Tyrone team in the final? get good odds for that
They have the experience of winning Ulster u21's, a good mix of experience and youth and the handy side of the draw.

Just out of interest, what makes it the handy side of the draw?

Maybe handy is the wrong word but with cross and Cargin out, that maybe leaves that side with a perception that it's the easier route.
For Eunan's or glen to win it this year, they'll need to scalp scotstown and kilcoo on the way. Both of those have serious pedigree recently in the competition. That's not to say creggan and clann eireann couldn't or wouldn't fancy their chances against any of the teams left.
Dromore will also think they can go on a run

JoG2

Quote from: Silver hill on November 16, 2021, 02:09:33 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on November 16, 2021, 12:37:35 PM
Quote from: Silver hill on November 16, 2021, 12:19:44 PM
Kilcoo Dromore final, god help the referee and stewards, McIvor back against his old team. Moran could also be paired against his old team of Maghera.

Just to be clear, Moran played for Glen until the 80s.
He has never managed his own club senior team.
Pedantic possibly by me, but just wanted to clarify in case anyone wrongly thinks he might possibly be taking a team he currently manages against one that he managed previously.

That's hard to believe that a manager as travelled as Mickey Moran has never managed his own club side.

I know. Easily enough explained though I think in the fact that the financial reimbursement available when you manage your own club team should be negligible.

Kilcoo, Slaughtneil, Creggan, Kilrea, Omagh, Poly, Sligo, Donegal, Mayo, Leitrim, over 30 years, but never his hometown club.....some rainy day fund

Silver hill

Quote from: Estimator on November 16, 2021, 03:14:21 PM
Silver Hill's views on Mickey Moran was the catalyst for the original Derry Club Football & Hurling Thread being locked, and a new one had to be created.
If you have a look at the last few pages of that, his opinion on MM's relationship with Glen will be abundantly clear.

.......and?
Please highlight anything I've said that is incorrect?
Simply pointing out the fact that he's never managed his own club over a 40 year span.

Hoof Hearted

What will the admission be for these games ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Estimator

Quote from: Silver hill on November 16, 2021, 07:59:33 PM

.......and?
Simply pointing out the fact that he's never managed his own club over a 40 year span.

Nothing at all, just giving a little more background to your opinion on the man.

JoG2

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 16, 2021, 01:44:36 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on November 16, 2021, 10:37:51 AM
Very lopsided draw this year and I think the winners will come from the tough section. There is a big chance for an unfancied side to make the final.

Glen are ridiculously short odds given the fact that this is their first Ulster campaign and they will have 4 difficult games to face on their way to winning it. St Eunan's, Scotstown, Kilcoo and Dromore are their likely opponents. Whether they can live up to the hype remains to be seen but they probably have the best manager in this competition which is a big advantage at this level. I do think it will boil down to a battle between Glen and kilcoo to find the winners. At this stage I would go for Kilcoos experience to win out, they have some unfinished business to complete.

Agreed. No idea why we are favourites. It takes many teams a few goes to get used to the rigours of Ulster club. We'll be doing well to beat Letterkenny.

Walter, really looking forward to seeing Glen in Ulster, I'd say there is some buzz about the club. In McFaul and Glass you have the 2 standouts in this year's championship. Serious drive and I don't think over celebrating or looking beyond St Eunans will be an issue with those type of players at your core. Pity the game isn't being televised

Silver hill

Quote from: Estimator on November 16, 2021, 09:08:00 PM
Quote from: Silver hill on November 16, 2021, 07:59:33 PM

.......and?

Nothing at all, just giving a little more background to your opinion on the man.

It's irrelevant.
He's never managed Glen seniors. That's a fact. No interpretation or background context required.

Estimator

Milltown Row2

Why would it not be televised? Some county will do it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Truth hurts

Anyone hear any rumour of restrictions and changes to gaa over winter?

Kickham csc

Quote from: JoG2 on November 16, 2021, 05:26:03 PM

Pedantic possibly by me, but just wanted to clarify in case anyone wrongly thinks he might possibly be taking a team he currently manages against one that he managed previously.

That's hard to believe that a manager as travelled as Mickey Moran has never managed his own club side.

I know. Easily enough explained though I think in the fact that the financial reimbursement available when you manage your own club team should be negligible.

Kilcoo, Slaughtneil, Creggan, Kilrea, Omagh, Poly, Sligo, Donegal, Mayo, Leitrim, over 30 years, but never his hometown club.....some rainy day fund

Mickey has strong family connections with Creggan, so reimbursement from our club was based on innuendo and not facts.

In fact he was in the club enjoying the celebrations on Sunday night with his family

Silver hill

Quote from: Centre3Quarters on November 17, 2021, 10:30:20 AM
Just to clarify, no matter how irrelevant it may be at this stage as it was over 10 years ago BUT Micky Moran did in fact manage Glen seniors.
The only surviving player from the current panel would be 'keeper Connlan Bradley, then a teenage forward.
Micky stepped in when the then managers stepped away and saved Glen from relegation.

In your head, If you want to call, being one of a group of 7 who were there for 5 games, as actually managing your club's senior team, then knock yourself out.
Talk about clutching at straws.  ::)

rrhf

or a prophet is never appreciated in his own land etc...