Author Topic: Ulster Club SFC 2021  (Read 10786 times)

BennyCake

• View Profile
Re: Ulster Club SFC 2021
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2021, 11:25:11 AM »
Who’s in The Fermanagh final?

Hoof Hearted

• Oh Yeessss !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2021, 11:33:34 AM »
Who’s in The Fermanagh final?

Derrygonnelly and Enniskillen
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Hoof Hearted

• Oh Yeessss !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2021, 11:35:28 AM »
If Derrygonnely get through they're an experienced outfit in ulster
Wont be a pushover
Remember it isn't Fermanagh v tyrone county teams
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2021, 11:37:33 AM »
If Derrygonnely get through they're an experienced outfit in ulster
Wont be a pushover
Remember it isn't Fermanagh v tyrone county teams

Tyrone club winners were knocked out by Derrygonnely last time.. though I can't remember the Tyrone winners at the time
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Silver hill

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2021, 11:39:16 AM »
Was it Trillick, on penalties?

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2021, 11:43:06 AM »
Was it Trillick, on penalties?

Yes, think Trillick only managed one or two
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2021, 11:52:37 AM »
Derrygonnelly really should have beaten kilcoo in the Ulster final in 2019, they missed an awful lot of chances.

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2021, 12:00:54 PM »
Derrygonnelly won’t be easy beat, they’ve got plenty of experience being in Ulster. Clann Eireann could cause a few shocks as well if they pull together for Ulster, some serious talent in that side.

Silver hill

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2021, 12:19:44 PM »
Kilcoo Dromore final, god help the referee and stewards, McIvor back against his old team. Moran could also be paired against his old team of Maghera.

Just to be clear, Moran played for Glen until the 80s.
He has never managed his own club senior team.
Pedantic possibly by me, but just wanted to clarify in case anyone wrongly thinks he might possibly be taking a team he currently manages against one that he managed previously.

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2021, 12:37:35 PM »
Kilcoo Dromore final, god help the referee and stewards, McIvor back against his old team. Moran could also be paired against his old team of Maghera.

Pedantic possibly by me, but just wanted to clarify in case anyone wrongly thinks he might possibly be taking a team he currently manages against one that he managed previously.

That's hard to believe that a manager as travelled as Mickey Moran has never managed his own club side.

LeoMc

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2021, 12:40:08 PM »

A Tyrone team in the final? get good odds for that
They have the experience of winning Ulster u21’s, a good mix of experience and youth and the handy side of the draw.

Just out of interest, what makes it the handy side of the draw?

Ask Paddy Power
Dromore 4/1
Clann Eireann 12/1
Derrygonnelly 20/1
Creggan 20/1

LeoMc

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2021, 12:42:33 PM »

A Tyrone team in the final? get good odds for that
They have the experience of winning Ulster u21’s, a good mix of experience and youth and the handy side of the draw.

On that note Glen should walk it, they had won 4 Ulster minors in a row with that bunch...
They are the favourites!

Fionntamhnach

• "Hey Lawrence..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2021, 01:37:50 PM »
Outright winner odds from paddy power

Glen 2/1
Kilcoo 11/4
Dromore 4/1
Scotstown 5/1
Clann Eireann 12/1
St Eunans 18/1
Derrygonnelly 20/1
Creggan 20/1
Ramor United 25/1

Glen short enough odds, thought kilcoo would've been favourites just on experience alone.

Short enough odds for Dromore as well, given the general performance of Tyrone clubs (bar Errigal Ciaran) and Dromore themselves in this tournament in the past. I suspect it's similar to the case of Tyrone often for a long time now getting short starting odds for the All-Ireland SFC even when it was hard to generally justify.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 01:46:05 PM by Fionntamhnach »
"I can't be arsed any more; too much ignorance, bigotry, dogma, idiocy & retreat from reason"

Walter Cronc

• UTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2021, 01:44:36 PM »
Very lopsided draw this year and I think the winners will come from the tough section. There is a big chance for an unfancied side to make the final.

Glen are ridiculously short odds given the fact that this is their first Ulster campaign and they will have 4 difficult games to face on their way to winning it. St Eunan's, Scotstown, Kilcoo and Dromore are their likely opponents. Whether they can live up to the hype remains to be seen but they probably have the best manager in this competition which is a big advantage at this level. I do think it will boil down to a battle between Glen and kilcoo to find the winners. At this stage I would go for Kilcoos experience to win out, they have some unfinished business to complete.

Agreed. No idea why we are favourites. It takes many teams a few goes to get used to the rigours of Ulster club. We'll be doing well to beat Letterkenny.

Silver hill

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2021, 02:09:33 PM »

That's hard to believe that a manager as travelled as Mickey Moran has never managed his own club side.

I know. Easily enough explained though I think in the fact that the financial reimbursement available when you manage your own club team should be negligible.