County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Oisin McConville and Bumpy O'Hagan to take over the Armagh U-20s, subject to ratification at the next county board meeting.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

rodney trotter

Colin Kelly has left Wicklow, citing work reasons.

https://t.co/ngCsHONoeQ

oliverkelly

Quote from: hoynevalley on February 28, 2022, 08:53:40 PM
Clan na nGael looking for a new GPO.  ;)

https://hoganstand.com/Article/Index/322331

Wasn't really a surprise he stepped down, It was a surprise he was reappointed. When he heard a few of the panel were going travelling and another half dozen wouldn't play under him he had no choice but to step down

Cunny Funt

Mickey Moran stepped down last night as Kilcoo manager. Always good to go out on a high

thejuice

Any thoughts on who will take on the Meath job next year?

I think we need to look outside the county and get someone who is in tune with current training and S&C standards.

Malachy O'Rourke might be a good option. Eamon Fitzmaurice has an All Ireland to his name as a coach but not sure if he's up to the task that Meath would present.

Perhaps picking a manager in a top club in Dublin like St Vincent's or Kilmacud might be the most realistic option but that's essentially what Andy McEntee was.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Gael85

Quote from: thejuice on May 30, 2022, 01:35:02 PM
Any thoughts on who will take on the Meath job next year?

I think we need to look outside the county and get someone who is in tune with current training and S&C standards.

Malachy O'Rourke might be a good option. Eamon Fitzmaurice has an All Ireland to his name as a coach but not sure if he's up to the task that Meath would present.

Perhaps picking a manager in a top club in Dublin like St Vincent's or Kilmacud might be the most realistic option but that's essentially what Andy McEntee was.

The Kilmacud Crokes manager Robbie Brennan lives in Dunboyne.  Think he was selector with Meath minors this year.

thejuice

Good shout on Robbie but I think he could be one for the future rather next year.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

twohands!!!

Enda McGinley stepped down from Antrim last week and Enda McEntee is gone from Meath today.

Seems fierce early in the year for it but another by-product of the split season.

There will surely be a few more joining them before too long you'd imagine.

From the Bunker

Quote from: twohands!!! on June 06, 2022, 09:32:43 PM
Enda McGinley stepped down from Antrim last week and Enda McEntee is gone from Meath today.

Seems fierce early in the year for it but another by-product of the split season.

There will surely be a few more joining them before too long you'd imagine.

I presume you meant Andy McEntee. Took the team two steps forward and was there to see them go two steps back. Not often a Manager brings a team forward and leaves them in the same or worse state to the their original state when he leaves.

Itchy

I see members of McEntees family on twitter calling out the vile abuse he's been taking from people. Twitter trolls, letters sent to his house etc.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Itchy on June 06, 2022, 11:12:33 PM
I see members of McEntees family on twitter calling out the vile abuse he's been taking from people. Twitter trolls, letters sent to his house etc.

Yeah, those fools don't know how much Dublin football can chew you up and spit you out. They're still living in the '80's and '90's.

thejuice

Yeah, it's been pretty depressing on social media the last few weeks. Some People just going after Andy and his son Shane, not giving opinions but just making personal jibes and allegations without having a clue about football. The same people think we can just parachute one of the 80's legends into the job and suddenly we'll be grand back to winning all Ireland's again playing "real football".

mrdeeds

Didn't Andy threaten a Meath Chronicle reporter for doing his job? People and glass houses.