The Great John Egan - RIP

Started by muppet, April 08, 2012, 12:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Was really saddened to hear this yesterday morning. It was not totally unexpected as I heard John was in hospital during last week, but you never expect someone like him to die so young. He was as good a player as I've ever seen, thats all I can say. The way he could swat away a corner back with one flick of his arm or the coolness of the many finishes to the net were all a great example to corner forwards wishing to learn the game. RIP John, you won't be soon forgotten.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Farrandeelin

Couldn't believe my ears yesterday either when it was announced on the radio before the Mayo Kerry match that there was to be a minute's silence in memory of John Egan. I myself am too young to remember him play, but my father said he was his favourite forward of that era. And he was only 57 as well. RIP.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AZOffaly

Hard to believe he is gone. A great, great player and one of the most unsung members of that great forward line, but arguably the most clinical of all of them. Spillane, Sheehy and Liston got all the headlines, but John Egan got as many vital scores as anybody. RIP John, Sneem and Kerry have lost one of the greats.

Ard-Rí

Go ndéanfaidh Dia trócaire ar a anam.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

All of a Sludden

Sad news, great player. I am old enough and lucky enough to remember him playing, he stood out on the greatest of all teams, yet was the most modest man you could meet. May he rest in peace.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Donnellys Hollow

One of the greats.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam uasal.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Newbridge Exile

Mightn't have got the column inches that Liston, Sheehy, Spilaane etc got, but in my eyes was the best of them all RIP John

GaillimhIarthair

What a great great player he was; himself and Jacko were by far my two favourite players on that great Kerry team.  Gone but not forgotten.  RIP John.

lawnseed

some footballer and some man RIP john
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

maddog

heard about this only yesterday, shocking. What a player, i loved his directness, just got the ball and took the shortest path to the goal.
RIP

ziggysego

A true GAA legend. Before my time, but watched his stuff on YouTube. RIP
Testing Accessibility