The Great John Egan - RIP

Started by muppet, April 08, 2012, 12:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Sorry to hear this news.
RIP
Still finding it hard to forgive him for that goal which broke this young innocent's heart in 1974.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyHarp

Probably my favourite player growing up and one of the best goal finishers I've ever seen. RIP John!
That was never a square ball!!

NP 76

RIP John A legend from the golden era

heffo

moysider

My favourite player from the greatest team of all time. Played it the right way. Never complained or whinged. RIP John.

Lar Naparka

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

johnpower

Class act sincere condolances to his Family and friends

Mike Sheehy

RIP John. A classy player and an extremely modest man. He will be sorely missed.Condolences to the Egan family.

Oraisteach

bigloudmouth

Sad loss to his family first and GAA second - modest, hardworking and massively talented and played through a time when kerry forwards didn't need to whinge about anything - they let their football do the talking. RIP, first of the truly golden generation.

ONeill

A few years ago Derrytresk invited the Kerry side from the early 80s up for an anniversary game, more in hope than in expectation. The only man to drive up was Egan. Sorry to hear of his passing.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggy90

Ah no, only just heard of his passing. I can only echo all of the above sentiments. RIP John.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on April 08, 2012, 11:25:29 PM
A few years ago Derrytresk invited the Kerry side from the early 80s up for an anniversary game, more in hope than in expectation. The only man to drive up was Egan. Sorry to hear of his passing.

That says it all really.
MWWSI 2017

Declan

Fear ón Srath Bán

RIP John Egan, legendary player.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...