season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeeDonns

Quotehave to say the season ticket was a superb purchase. Cant see many people giving them up next year

Guys, I presume those who have purchased season tickets this year have first pick at them next year?
I didn't get one and would definitely like to get one next year as I go to all the games anyway, but chances are all 500 sold this year will be held onto next year
I assume there's little chance of the GAA increasing the number of tickets available to a county?

Archie Mitchell

Not sure if current season ticket holders have first option on them next year. There was only 250 tickets available per county. Could make more available next year if this year was a success. Seems would make sense to increase numbers for big teams like Tyrone, Dublin, Kerry, Armagh, Mayo etc who all sold out this year.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 03, 2009, 01:52:58 PM
Not sure if current season ticket holders have first option on them next year. There was only 250 tickets available per county. Could make more available next year if this year was a success. Seems would make sense to increase numbers for big teams like Tyrone, Dublin, Kerry, Armagh, Mayo etc who all sold out this year.

Would say that since its been generally a success (although needing a bit of tinkering and a kick up the hole to be delivered to the Ulster Council), that it'll be extended for next season.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Muzz

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 03, 2009, 01:14:47 PM
It didn't though Muzz. Maybe if you had of been a bit earlier you would have had better seats like I had  ;)

I must bear that in mind because looking at the back of your nut is far from a pretty view.

Quote from: WeeDonns on August 03, 2009, 01:37:47 PM
Quotehave to say the season ticket was a superb purchase. Cant see many people giving them up next year

Guys, I presume those who have purchased season tickets this year have first pick at them next year?
I didn’t get one and would definitely like to get one next year as I go to all the games anyway, but chances are all 500 sold this year will be held onto next year
I assume there’s little chance of the GAA increasing the number of tickets available to a county?

Current Season Ticket holders do get first refuseal for next year.  That was one of the perks.

For the season ticket holders out there what is it you would want the GAA to change about them?

blast05

For next weekends games i presume the option to buy a 2nd ticket for season ticket holders will still apply ?  .... buy the 2nd one online by mid day Thursday ? Has anyone got a mail yet re next weekend - still waiting on it....

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Muzz on August 03, 2009, 02:13:45 PM
For the season ticket holders out there what is it you would want the GAA to change about them?

Been OK at times this year but few things they could change.

1) Better communication in build up to games.
2) Ability to login to website to see what games you have attended.
3) Be able to link season tickets together so seats will be allocated together.
4) Loyalty points for renewal of season tickets, extra tickets purchased etc and x number of points gets you a reward e.g. free ticket, % discount on county merchandise etc

sam03/05

current season ticket holders get first choice on them next year.
cant see too many giving them up in counties such as Tyrone etc.
great job

Cúig huaire

Quote from: Muzz on August 03, 2009, 02:13:45 PM

We should be able to use them for minor matches as well.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

blast05

Quote from: blast05 on August 03, 2009, 04:07:35 PM
For next weekends games i presume the option to buy a 2nd ticket for season ticket holders will still apply ?  .... buy the 2nd one online by mid day Thursday ? Has anyone got a mail yet re next weekend - still waiting on it....

Bump....... anyone get anything from them yet for next weekend ?

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: blast05 on August 04, 2009, 12:12:31 PM

What do you mean by next weekends games?

Cosmo Kramer

Didn't get an e-mail, but if you log into your account you can now buy tickets for the match for €45 (if you're from Mayo anyway). Am I right in thinking that if two of us are going I only need to buy one ticket from ticketmaster - the season ticket card itself counts as the second?
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on August 04, 2009, 06:19:44 PM

Didn't get an e-mail, but if you log into your account you can now buy tickets for the match for €45 (if you're from Mayo anyway). Am I right in thinking that if two of us are going I only need to buy one ticket from ticketmaster - the season ticket card itself counts as the second?

Yes, you automatically be charged for a ticket regardless if you go or not, so you just buy your extra ticket on that website.

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 04, 2009, 06:48:18 PM
Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on August 04, 2009, 06:19:44 PM

Yes, you automatically be charged for a ticket regardless if you go or not, so you just buy your extra ticket on that website.

Great, thanks.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

western exile

Although Season Ticket holders are supposed to be charged at a reduced rate, Mayo Season Ticket holders are being charged a Semi-Final price for a Quarter-Final game !!   

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: western exile on August 04, 2009, 07:04:46 PM
Although Season Ticket holders are supposed to be charged at a reduced rate, Mayo Season Ticket holders are being charged a Semi-Final price for a Quarter-Final game !!  

Not sure about the price reduction for these games.

And you are being charged a semi-final price as there is an All-Ireland semi-final on after the Mayo v Meath game. If it was me in charge, i'd be charging use €35 for the quarter-final and another €45 for the semi-final  :D