season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Correct Goldengreen. At the presentation of the Anglo Celt Cup last year (in the middle of the Gerry Arthurs Stand) practically every prominent member of one party is in the picture, in the best seats, behind Paul Mc Grane.

orangeman

Quote from: Goldengreen on June 03, 2009, 03:02:22 PM
there is alot of assumptions going on here, I am a season ticket holder, and according to some, I do noting with my club and only bought a ST as I am not connected to a club. Further from the truth it could not be. I am connect to my club and also involved in my club.

Also it appears that if you get ticket for the best seats in Clones you type that spills your guts out for the club week in week out, hey some do, but more often that not I have seen politicians and  business men in these seats, don't often see them out at the club week in week out helping out. Only time I see them out there is this time when they are looking for votes.

I said that SOME season ticket holders are like this. Only some of them.

T Fearon

http://www.seasonticket.gaa.ie/standtickets.html

Reading this, the sections we are guaranteed in Croke Park (if our county plays there) are very reasonable quality seating, and it should be the same at all Championship games regardless of the venue ie reasonable quality seats, neither the best or worst.

Rois

Quote from: Doohicky on June 03, 2009, 01:31:23 PM

You also happily ignore our questioning on why we can't have an option to move to the standing section as I would happily do.

Ignore your questioning, why, are you asking me?  I couldn't give a bejaysus where you sit, stand or kneel but I take issue with the whinging that you're the best fans around and deserve the top seats, how those without a season ticket are "fairweather fans".  

The Season tickets sold out, but in no way was it an overnight sell out. Anyone who wanted one could have got one no problem.

Untrue

Like, how come, as Season Ticket holders during the League campaign there was no problem in getting adequate seating, but suddenly in BIGGER stadiums we are relegated to the worst seats in the house. If, as you say, it is not because of fairweather fans, then what is the reason?

Stop making up quotes for me please.  Maybe you got a bad seat because you missed at least one of the league games.  Shame on you, and you call yourself a true fan.

It's the holier than thou attitude that bugs me.  I am not continually missing your point/whinge about expecting a reward for going to league games.  I do think you should be given everything that you have been promised.  Demand is always higher for the championship and if you were naive enough to think you were going to rank top of the pile when there's more people looking for seats, then more fool you.  

There are many flaws with the system, some good aspects as well, and I genuinely hope that come the All Ireland Final, season ticket holders will see the benefits.

I am actually very genuinely interested Goldengreen why you would bother buying a season ticket?  Would you not be likely to get a ticket from your club anyway?  What was your motive for buying?

T Fearon

When will some (allegedly intelligent ) people here get the point? The basis of our complaint is that we were allocated the absolutely worst seats available in the Gerry Arthurs. This does not mean that we desired the best seats available, just seats of reasonable quality. Half way up the lower section anywhere between the two 50s would have satisfied me.

Goldengreen

Quote from: Rois on June 03, 2009, 03:14:06 PM
I am actually very genuinely interested Goldengreen why you would bother buying a season ticket?  Would you not be likely to get a ticket from your club anyway?  What was your motive for buying?

1. Was getting on for my da for Christmas present, also got one for myself as I would be going to the games with him
2. Good Value for Money
3. Most fans have been calling out for a system like it for years, and hence wanted to support it
4. Go to all the games anyways so it was an innovative method of buying the tickets all at once
5. AIF ticket is you county makes it even if not entered into a draw for AIF ticket if your team was not playing.
6. If my county does well there can be pressure on my club for tickets, at least this takes the pressure off them a bit for me anyways.

T Fearon

For regular attendees buying a season ticket was a no brainer. It was cost effective and it guaranteed stand seats for all games, league and championship, plus the additional bonus of AI Final tickets should your county qualify and you attend the requisite number of games.

In most other sports season ticket holders are recognised as the loyal "supporters/customers" and are treated like kings, which is the way it should be.

Doohicky

Quote from: Rois on June 03, 2009, 03:14:06 PM

You also happily ignore our questioning on why we can't have an option to move to the standing section as I would happily do.

Ignore your questioning, why, are you asking me?  I couldn't give a bejaysus where you sit, stand or kneel but I take issue with the whinging that you're the best fans around and deserve the top seats, how those without a season ticket are "fairweather fans".  

The Season tickets sold out, but in no way was it an overnight sell out. Anyone who wanted one could have got one no problem.

Untrue

Like, how come, as Season Ticket holders during the League campaign there was no problem in getting adequate seating, but suddenly in BIGGER stadiums we are relegated to the worst seats in the house. If, as you say, it is not because of fairweather fans, then what is the reason?

Stop making up quotes for me please.  Maybe you got a bad seat because you missed at least one of the league games.  Shame on you, and you call yourself a true fan.

It's the holier than thou attitude that bugs me.  I am not continually missing your point/whinge about expecting a reward for going to league games.  I do think you should be given everything that you have been promised.  Demand is always higher for the championship and if you were naive enough to think you were going to rank top of the pile when there's more people looking for seats, then more fool you.  

There are many flaws with the system, some good aspects as well, and I genuinely hope that come the All Ireland Final, season ticket holders will see the benefits.

You were the one who initially quoted me as saying that it was not fairweather fans taking the seats. If you want to address my concerns I would appreciate if you read the entire post instead of nitpicking and just choosing the bits you want. During the League campaign There were MANY less people there than there were at Clones, therefore it is no big leap to assume that many who turned up were, for lack of a better description, 'Fairweather fans'.

I addressed how we were given decent seats whilst they were not seling many tickets and believe that it is only right that they should stick to the same idea when they get the extra tickets sold.
What is your problem with that?

NOWHERE have I said anything about being a better fan or being deserving of the best seats, I just believe that since we have no choice but to pay for the premium seats we should be able to at least see the game. I just ask for consistancy OR the option to go into the standing area if we are going to be constantly bumped to the worst seats.

Why do you believe that it was not possible for anyone who wanted a season ticket to get one? They didn't sell out anything like quickly.

Finally, where am I making up what you say. You posted earlier saying that the people in the seats were not fairweather fans. I have shown why I believe a large amount are.

I still don't get where you think we want best seats in the house. Only person to say that was Tony, all the rest of us want is decent seats like it was 'implied'.

If it was just a few of us who had bad seats, then that would have just been unlucky, but the fact it seems most of us were given the bad seats is what annoys me.

T Fearon

Please point out where I said I wanted "the best seats?" ???

All I am asking for are decent seats, not to be stuck in the worst seats. Apart from that your post is spot on and it seems of have silenced Rois.

Simple fact is season ticket holders deserve decent seats, no more no less.

Doohicky

Quote from: T Fearon on June 03, 2009, 04:50:35 PM
Please point out where I said I wanted "the best seats?" ???

All I am asking for are decent seats, not to be stuck in the worst seats. Apart from that your post is spot on and it seems of have silenced Rois.

Simple fact is season ticket holders deserve decent seats, no more no less.

Sorry, didn't mean that Tony, It was actaually the part where you said Season ticket holders contributed more. I got mixed up. I have to say I don't agree to that. I just believe we are not getting what was implied.

I think people on both sides of the argument are taking this a bit too seriously. I don't want to start this into a war of keyboard words.

As said, I think when they started off with the Season ticket area in the League, it should have been continued. It makes the most sense.

If they can have an allocated section in Croke Park, why not everywhere else?

Goldengreen

Tony, Just wondering if you got a reply from the season ticket office to the email you sent

Rois

Note to Croke Park: Give season ticket holders crap seats in the league so they don't expect too much come championship  ;D

As I said, I couldn't care if you're all given seats in beside Mickey Harte, it's this notion of being a more qualified fan because of the season ticket.  If you wanted better (not the best) seats, then someone else would have had to relinquish theirs and sit in what you call the worst seats in the house.  My initial query was who would you feel would be best displaced?  I wonder who sat in those seats last time out, who sits in them every other time, and whether they make such a song and dance.    

By the way, my cousin tried to get two season tickets as a Christmas present.  There were none left at the time.  

Tyrone season tickets were good value this year because the majority of games were either at home or in Ulster (two further afield).  Check where the league games are next year before buying.

Goldengreen, thanks, all those reasons are very valid, and even commendable.  

And now I am gracefully bowing out as no doubt Doohicky will quote this entire post and it will make it much too long to scroll through at home on the iphone  :P

Before I go, Tony I actually applaud you for sending off the email, as I am a big believer in the phrase "what did they say when you told them", ie actions instead of words. 

Maguire01

Quote from: Rois on June 03, 2009, 06:28:06 PM
If you wanted better (not the best) seats, then someone else would have had to relinquish theirs and sit in what you call the worst seats in the house. My initial query was who would you feel would be best displaced?
Those who weren't at the league games.

By the way, my cousin tried to get two season tickets as a Christmas present.  There were none left at the time. 
None of the tickets sold out instantly, so everyone had a chance to purchase if they were on the ball - no one was disadvantaged. Even then, your cousin's situation is limited to very few counties.

Tyrone Dreamer

Note to Croke Park: Give season ticket holders crap seats in the league so they don't expect too much come championship  ;D

As I said, I couldn't care if you're all given seats in beside Mickey Harte, it's this notion of being a more qualified fan because of the season ticket.  If you wanted better (not the best) seats, then someone else would have had to relinquish theirs and sit in what you call the worst seats in the house.  My initial query was who would you feel would be best displaced?  I wonder who sat in those seats last time out, who sits in them every other time, and whether they make such a song and dance.    

By the way, my cousin tried to get two season tickets as a Christmas present.  There were none left at the time.  

Tyrone season tickets were good value this year because the majority of games were either at home or in Ulster (two further afield).  Check where the league games are next year before buying.
Goldengreen, thanks, all those reasons are very valid, and even commendable.  

And now I am gracefully bowing out as no doubt Doohicky will quote this entire post and it will make it much too long to scroll through at home on the iphone  :P

Before I go, Tony I actually applaud you for sending off the email, as I am a big believer in the phrase "what did they say when you told them", ie actions instead of words. 

There was one in Westmeath,one in Mayo and one in Dublin. The one in Ulster was on a Saturday night in Donegal (night Ireland won grand slam) which wasnt that handy depending on were you come from in Tyrone. As pointed out earlier judging by the league attendances this year (excluding Dublin game) and the fact that there were thousands of better seats in Clones than the one's given there were a considerable number of people who had hardly been to game all year who had better seats than decent Tyrone supporters who attend most/all games.

Archie Mitchell

Tony in Off The Fence today giving off about the season tickets. Fair play.