season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

réalt ard mhaca

Alright lads. Sorry my first post is a needy one but i ordered the armagh season ticket and the tickets have not yet arrived. This was no problem for the first two games as i just brought the receipt or  the printout of the tickets to the grounds, although between the laois game and now  i have lost the printout and i cannot find the email address now to reprint the receipt.

A few questions just

Has anyone here received their tickets?

and should i get in contact with ticketmaster or the GAA about retrieving the lost details?

puc me

i had a few problems with the season ticket for the first 2 games i rang the season ticket number and spoke to a susan/suzanne(not a 100%) she got it sorted for me straight away and sent me a new ticket within 3 days she was also able to send me an e-mail to produce if the ticket did not arrive
all ireland champions and lovin' it

T Fearon

Amazed that tickets have not arrived yet. Did you buy them late? Mine arrived the week before the Wexford game

Onion Bag

How much are the season tickets?

do they cover all NFL games throughout the country?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Goats Do Shave

They must have been lost in the post.

I ordered 2 - got one the week before the Wexford & contacted them to get the other the week after. However the 2nd one did not scan at the Laois game. I'm hoping they have it sorted for this week end!

Muzz

Was going to post this in the Donegal Tyrone thread but thought it might be best in this thread.

Has anyone else had problems finding the turnstiles for Season Ticket holders? 

Email sent out before the weekend from Croke Park stated the stile was at the Main Entrance for the Donegal and Tyrone game.  Since when was the Main Entrance moved to behind the stand?  I always thought it was where the flags and all are at.  Went there seen no sign so asked an offical...he didnt know...asked another...hadnt a clue either.  Even the man on the mic at the (now old) entrance hadnt a clue (same guy I think got recognised for his contribution to GAA or something).

Got round to the (now new) Main Entrance to see only a hand wrote message saying Season Ticket holders - Barely visible...

Got into the stand to find there was no reserved seating for Season Ticket holders.

Definitely could be organised a lot better.  You go to Omagh...theres a sign about the Stile clearly stating Season Ticket Holders only.  You get a different colour of ticket and you are directed to a reserved area to take your seat. 

Does anyone know how many Season Tickets Donegal sold?  Maybe thats why there seems to be very little focus on it?

Goldengreen

Think the last i see was Donegal had 50+ season Ticket Holders. Yea that email they sent out was not clear. Any ground I have been at this season I just headed towards the stand and found the season ticket stile there. Good to see they are finally using the scanners, first game I have been at to-date that they were not using a list of names to check off(not just donegal), helped for quicker access as there was queue at the pay stiles but season tickets holders were though in seconds. As for the sign, it was poor to see, With donegal using 3 pitches to-date it must have got lost moving it about.

T Fearon

Observations so far on use of season ticket.

Used mine at the following grounds:

Wexford Park. No sign above stile, lad with scanner had sign between his legs and said it had blown down off the wall  :D

Athletic Grounds Armagh: No sign erected, but gateman directs you to the appropriate entrance, through a gate, on request. No problems personally but announcement made at Monaghan game for people to go along and have their tickets scanned at half time.

Newbridge: As at Athletic Grounds, no sign but directed on request and turnstile operator had scanning machine

Brewster Park, Enniskillen, sign erected clearly above appropriate turnstile, absolute pefection.

Although I would prefer to see the season ticket sign erected clearly above the appropriate entrance turnstile at every location (as at Brewster Park) I have to say that so far I have experienced  no real problems, and I am very happy with the way things are going, given its the first season etc.

Trevor Hill

Tony, you should receive an email on the friday before each game confirming which stile to use.

I am quite happy with the season ticket system though there was no scanner or even a log of who attended in Longford last week. Also there are no reserved seats in Newry for season ticket holders.

Rossfan

Very happy too with system. In Kiltoom there was a man with a scanner, didnt make it to Kilmallock, Hyde both days a man with a list and likewise in Drogheda. The stiles were clearly marked on all 4 occasions.
There were no seats reserved at those 4 games and from what I heard there were no seats in Kilmallock.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tyrone Dreamer

Maybe its only the Tyrone county board that reserves seats right in the middle of the ground for season ticket holders. Good idea imo.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Trevor Hill on March 23, 2009, 05:34:52 PM
Tony, you should receive an email on the friday before each game confirming which stile to use.

I am quite happy with the season ticket system though there was no scanner or even a log of who attended in Longford last week. Also there are no reserved seats in Newry for season ticket holders.

The lack of a log is a pity as they are putting everybody with 100% attendance into a draw for an All Ireland final ticket even if your county isn't in the final. If there was no verification of who attended, they shouldn't assume anybody didn't go to that match.

Reserved seats seem to be at the discretion of the county. Armagh designate seats and don't allow anyone else to sit there. In Newbridge, you only got a seat if you arrived before all the seats were gone, which I think is as far as the scheme requires grounds to go.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

western exile

Quote from: réalt ard mhaca on March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM
Alright lads. Sorry my first post is a needy one but i ordered the armagh season ticket and the tickets have not yet arrived. This was no problem for the first two games as i just brought the receipt or  the printout of the tickets to the grounds, although between the laois game and now  i have lost the printout and i cannot find the email address now to reprint the receipt.

A few questions just

Has anyone here received their tickets?

and should i get in contact with ticketmaster or the GAA about retrieving the lost details?
email seasonticket@gaa.ie  They have given a quick response to all queries so far

Trevor Hill

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 23, 2009, 06:08:46 PM
The lack of a log is a pity as they are putting everybody with 100% attendance into a draw for an All Ireland final ticket even if your county isn't in the final. If there was no verification of who attended, they shouldn't assume anybody didn't go to that match.

If you contact Croke Park they will record your attendance, but there should really be a scanner at every county ground imho.

Maguire01

Regarding the reference to reserved seating, i'd rather not have it. I have a season ticket, but some of those i attend the games with don't - i don't want to have to sit in a different area.

Good thing at Navan was that season ticket holders could go to either the terrace or stand - same in Armagh where you can go to the covered terrace or the uncovered seating. It's good to have a choice.