Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

He get one cause he's the best player in that position

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Syferus on August 12, 2018, 07:36:59 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 12, 2018, 07:21:48 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on August 12, 2018, 07:08:52 PM
Sludden was not at the races today I didn't think
His 1-2 from play in a low scoring game today was a huge contribution.

Quote from: Syferus on August 12, 2018, 07:09:18 PM
Clifford doesn't deserve an All-Star. YPotY.
Check out his Super 8s stats on his own dedicated thread.  Howard of Dublin could win the YPOTY before him.

Clifford played in the far weaker of the two groups and on a team that won a single match of three. Distant losers in the AIQFs rarely net many All-Stars no matter what their stats are. If he gets one it's just the usual Kerry-Dublin-Mayo bias at work.

His scoring ratio would probably be even higher in the other group as he would then play against that wide open Roscommon defence that marks space instead of their men.

nrico2006

Anybody want to provide Michael Murphys scores per game for the championship this year?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

cadhlancian

Colm Cavanagh and Mattie Donnelly probably cemented their spots today , Cavanagh and Fenton look like certainties now. Tiernan McCann and Niall Sludden have decent finals, they'll also have claims.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 12, 2018, 08:47:41 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 12, 2018, 07:36:59 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 12, 2018, 07:21:48 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on August 12, 2018, 07:08:52 PM
Sludden was not at the races today I didn't think
His 1-2 from play in a low scoring game today was a huge contribution.

Quote from: Syferus on August 12, 2018, 07:09:18 PM
Clifford doesn't deserve an All-Star. YPotY.
Check out his Super 8s stats on his own dedicated thread.  Howard of Dublin could win the YPOTY before him.

Clifford played in the far weaker of the two groups and on a team that won a single match of three. Distant losers in the AIQFs rarely net many All-Stars no matter what their stats are. If he gets one it's just the usual Kerry-Dublin-Mayo bias at work.

His scoring ratio would probably be even higher in the other group as he would then play against that wide open Roscommon defence that marks space instead of their men.

He did have a Kildare team who threw in the towel when sent down to 14 men which was just the same. Neill Flynn's scoring rate per minutes played in this championship is probably as good as anyone's but he won't be getting nominated.

Blowitupref

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 12, 2018, 09:02:12 PM
Anybody want to provide Michael Murphys scores per game for the championship this year?

V Cavan  0-6 (3fs)
V Derry (0-02, 1 '45)
V Down  (0-5 3fs)
V Fermanagh (0-4 3fs)
V Dublin (0-6 3fs  1 45)
v Roscommon (0-9 3fs 1 45)
V Tyrone (1-2 1fs 1 45)

Total 1-34 16fs  and 4 45s.  It works out at 5 points per game.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

nrico2006

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 12, 2018, 09:20:19 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 12, 2018, 09:02:12 PM

V Cavan  0-6 (3fs)
V Derry (0-02, 1 '45)
V Down  (0-5 3fs)
V Fermanagh (0-4 3fs)
V Dublin (0-6 3fs  1 45)
v Roscommon (0-9 3fs 1 45)
V Tyrone (1-2 1fs 1 45)

Total 1-34 16fs  and 4 45s.  It works out at 5 points per game.

Thanks
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

shyted

Orchard park

No certs til final played,any of those tyrone.lads get cleaned out  in the selectors eyes earlier game counts for nought.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Orchard park on August 12, 2018, 11:39:14 PM
No certs til gibal played,any of those tyrone.lsds get vleaned out  in the first land everyone game counts for nought.
Posting a comment after a few pints?

Orchard park

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 12, 2018, 11:58:43 PM
Quote from: Orchard park on August 12, 2018, 11:39:14 PM
No certs til gibal played,any of those tyrone.lsds get vleaned out  in the first land everyone game counts for nought.
Posting a comment after a few pints?

No just a keyboard with a mind of its own

Unlaoised

Hard to pick out players from Tyrone unless they do the impossible ...

I would have had mattie D nailed on but after todays no show im thinking ....
Sludden no chance
P harte yes for simple reason he is p harte ...

Niall morgan is very underated and should be there

Its mcmanaus and prob beggan for Monaghan...

Murphy for donegal
Walsh and coner back for galway ...

Best footballer in ireland (clifford)

And seven dubs
LAOIS ABÚ

Duine Eile

Ian Burke deserves one but don't think he'll get it because of the unselfish nature of his play, sets up more than he scores, I think Galway will get a few nominations but will probably end up with one for Shane Walsh.

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Duine Eile on August 13, 2018, 01:43:42 AM
Ian Burke deserves one but don't think he'll get it because of the unselfish nature of his play, sets up more than he scores, I think Galway will get a few nominations but will probably end up with one for Shane Walsh.

There's a chance that Galway end up with no All Stars, it's likely that they will ensure that each semi-finalist will get one but stranger things have happened.

galwayman

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on August 13, 2018, 10:46:56 AM
Quote from: Duine Eile on August 13, 2018, 01:43:42 AM

There's a chance that Galway end up with no All Stars, it's likely that they will ensure that each semi-finalist will get one but stranger things have happened.
Possible but I'd be surprised if Shane doesn't get one tbh.