BG_Gael

Quote from: valley19 on January 09, 2020, 02:28:52 PM
Quote from: BG_Gael on January 09, 2020, 02:12:24 PM
Quote from: valley19 on January 09, 2020, 11:45:53 AM
Quote from: BG_Gael on January 09, 2020, 11:30:29 AM
Quote from: valley19 on January 08, 2020, 05:04:45 PM
Quote from: The_Slug on January 08, 2020, 04:52:11 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 08, 2020, 04:34:28 PM
Experience tells me nothing good will come of this transfer.

do you have any examples of club transfers that worked out poorly? not being cheeky, im genuinely interested, always found club transfers to be a strange occurrence
DK

Can you not even bring yourself to say his name? I'm assuming you mean Darragh Kavanagh? In what way did his transfer not work out or worked out poorly?

Tell me what he has achieved...

Well he has played Division 1 football for a start, something he wouldn't do if he stayed where he was. Has wontop scorer in the Intermediate Championship, which I'm sure would give Darragh more joy than winning a Junior League. So he's done alright out of his switch I'd say
No harm thats the biggest load of crap ive read...a night out in Bundoran over a county league with your club? Have a day off

You're missing the point. He left to play Senior football. Something he felt he would never do with Clogher. And he's been justified so far. It must have really hurt, him leaving, if you're still this bitter about it.

Do you think when he's retired he'll look back and regret his decision? Do you think he'll wallow over missing out on a junior league, or will he reminisce over heading to play Errigal, Carmen, Clonoe etc and pitting himself against the best in the county? If you havent played Senior football it would be hard to understand alright I guess...

The Bearded One

I expect most club footballers have the ambition to play senior football, I can't think of too many who take the easy way out and do it by transferring clubs! Sounds like the man in question is very much about himself, BG_Gael.
It is what it is. Presumably.

BG_Gael

Quote from: The Bearded One on January 09, 2020, 03:23:54 PM
I expect most club footballers have the ambition to play senior football, I can't think of too many who take the easy way out and do it by transferring clubs! Sounds like the man in question is very much about himself, BG_Gael.

Very fair comment. I was only going on the original clogher poster who said it was a transfer that didn't work out.

If my memory serves right Augher were an intermediate team when Darragh joined? So I don't think he went directly to playing Division 1 football from Division 3. Easy way or not isnt my point though. The clogher poster has said it hasn't worked out, but clearly it has and they just are bitter or have sour grapes with it.

I wonder how bitter they are about players who have transferred the other way and would they say their transfers have worked out?

Pearse Blue

Quote from: BG_Gael on January 09, 2020, 02:34:07 PM
Quote from: valley19 on January 09, 2020, 02:28:52 PM
Quote from: BG_Gael on January 09, 2020, 02:12:24 PM
Quote from: valley19 on January 09, 2020, 11:45:53 AM
Quote from: BG_Gael on January 09, 2020, 11:30:29 AM
Quote from: valley19 on January 08, 2020, 05:04:45 PM
Quote from: The_Slug on January 08, 2020, 04:52:11 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 08, 2020, 04:34:28 PM
Experience tells me nothing good will come of this transfer.

do you have any examples of club transfers that worked out poorly? not being cheeky, im genuinely interested, always found club transfers to be a strange occurrence
DK

Can you not even bring yourself to say his name? I'm assuming you mean Darragh Kavanagh? In what way did his transfer not work out or worked out poorly?

Tell me what he has achieved...

Well he has played Division 1 football for a start, something he wouldn't do if he stayed where he was. Has wontop scorer in the Intermediate Championship, which I'm sure would give Darragh more joy than winning a Junior League. So he's done alright out of his switch I'd say
No harm thats the biggest load of crap ive read...a night out in Bundoran over a county league with your club? Have a day off

You're missing the point. He left to play Senior football. Something he felt he would never do with Clogher. And he's been justified so far. It must have really hurt, him leaving, if you're still this bitter about it.

Do you think when he's retired he'll look back and regret his decision? Do you think he'll wallow over missing out on a junior league, or will he reminisce over heading to play Errigal, Carmen, Clonoe etc and pitting himself against the best in the county? If you havent played Senior football it would be hard to understand alright I guess...
Why did he leave to play senior football? Was his ambition to play Tyrone? Because he was never going to make that.. Useless and a grade 1 clown (and thats the closest he will get to grade 1) The comment above about rather having a top scorer in a intermediate league over a county medal with your club just typifies what he is like. Some of the worst comments i've seen on this board..

PeterEli

Quote from: BG_Gael on January 09, 2020, 03:39:25 PM

Very fair comment. I was only going on the original clogher poster who said it was a transfer that didn't work out.

If my memory serves right Augher were an intermediate team when Darragh joined? So I don't think he went directly to playing Division 1 football from Division 3. Easy way or not isnt my point though. The clogher poster has said it hasn't worked out, but clearly it has and they just are bitter or have sour grapes with it.

I wonder how bitter they are about players who have transferred the other way and would they say their transfers have worked out?

He left to join Augher directly after they won their play offs to go up to senior. Yes he did play a few years of senior football and a few in intermediate, with no medals to show for it. The Clogher players have a junior league medal to look back on and I am sure most would agree it's a much greater achievement to win a junior league with your club than jumping ship to play a higher level of football and winning a few individual awards along the way. With regards to calling it a failed transfer, this year Clogher finished higher in intermediate league, beat Augher and he has won no medals with his club(s), most certainly wouldn't call it a success story anyway.

BG_Gael

Quote from: BG_Gael on January 09, 2020, 05:04:25 PM
Quote from: PeterEli on January 09, 2020, 04:15:45 PM

He left to join Augher directly after they won their play offs to go up to senior. Yes he did play a few years of senior football and a few in intermediate, with no medals to show for it. The Clogher players have a junior league medal to look back on and I am sure most would agree it's a much greater achievement to win a junior league with your club than jumping ship to play a higher level of football and winning a few individual awards along the way. With regards to calling it a failed transfer, this year Clogher finished higher in intermediate league, beat Augher and he has won no medals with his club(s), most certainly wouldn't call it a success story anyway.

Apologies, I thought he transferred the beginning of the year Augher went up, not the year after. Yes he did do it the easy way as some have said, but clearly it was a personal decision as he no doubt wanted to challenge himself to make the step up to a better standard of team and better standard of football. The only man who can say whether it's been a success for him or not is himself. And given the current situation does he regret his decision, I would say he probably doesn't... but again the only man who knows that answer is himself.  But there are 2 sides to every story.

Like I've said obviously his ambition was to play Division 1, he's done that now with Augher, a feat he'd never achieve with Clogher so who's to say if he made the correct decision

WT4E

I think I know who BG Gael is now! ::)

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: PeterEli on January 09, 2020, 04:15:45 PM

No they wouldn't. It may give most people a greater sense of satisfaction winning a junior league, but it is certainly not 'a much greater achievement'. Surviving in Division 2 is a greater achievement than winning a Junior league.

ANON2018

Quote from: GlenMan on January 09, 2020, 08:04:00 AM
Quote from: ANON2018 on January 09, 2020, 07:27:05 AM
Surely that transfer hasn't actually happened yet! (If it happens at all)

It's done.

The window for transfer applications is 1st January to 1st March. Approvals/rejections only happen after that window closes. So no it can't be done.
[/quote]

This is incorrect! Once transfer is requested to county board then club that is losing the player has 8 days to respond, if no response transfer automatically goes through as long as it is eligible, i.e home or work address is within parish of new club.
[/quote]

How does that go against what I said? I'm aware that's how it works.
[/quote]

You have said "Approvals/rejections only happen after that window closes" this is not true, Approvals/rejections will happen after 8 days is up from when transfer is logged. So if transfer logged on 1st Jan and club player is leaving does not respond within the 8 days then transfer automatically approved by 9th Jan.

PS. This is only for transfers between clubs in the same county.

GetOverTheBar

So anyway, general consensus is that Paul Donaghy to Dungannon not a cert to work out well.

What Tyrone clubs have entered the Ulster Leagues?

Eire90

why do they not make the tyrone championship a competition for all of tyrone like the fa cup put them all in  the hat  you can have league cups for division 2 and 3 if you want.

trailer

Quote from: Eire90 on January 11, 2020, 06:04:15 AM
why do they not make the tyrone championship a competition for all of tyrone like the fa cup put them all in  the hat  you can have league cups for division 2 and 3 if you want.

Because this is a f**king stupid idea that only someone with the mental capacity of farm animal would come up with.
Please present yourself to the nearest mental hospital for immediate treatment.

BennyHarp

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 10, 2020, 12:35:12 PM
So anyway, general consensus is that Paul Donaghy to Dungannon not a cert to work out well.

What Tyrone clubs have entered the Ulster Leagues?

As far as I know, Paul Donaghy's group of mates are mainly lads from Dungannon. This is not a transfer that has just happened due to one incident or because the lad is "difficult". Perhaps the incident that has been mentioned was the straw that broke the camels back but I believe the transfer has been in the pipeline for a while now. Make no mistake The Clarke's have a great asset on their hands here and he will settle into the group fairly easily as he already is very close to a lot of the squad. As someone mentioned, Patrick Quinn and himself in a full forward line will be a handful for any team in the county. It's a shame Edendork are in Div 2, a game between the two clubs may have been quite spicy - not that games between those two needed extra spice given their history! 
That was never a square ball!!

PeterEli

Has anyone heard if they are changing structures of reserve leagues? Had heard there was talk of Senior A/B, Inter A/B, Junior A/B, basically East and West leagues at each level. Has this been passed or confirmed?

With U'20s to be wrapped up in March should leave for a better league schedule this coming year, here's hoping.

WT4E

I had asked this question a few days ago but must have got lost in all the DK twisting. I was sent an image of the proposed leagues which said 2020 but wasn't sure how serious it was.

Is it going to a meeting? There is bound to be an appetite for it as reserves/seconds football has not served well the players who don't want the serious commitment of training with a first team squad. Would be a great step to increase participation in my opinion as you could run it off in a short time frame and respect players weekends also.

Would be no harm to try it for a year and if it doesn't work go back to the old system.