The Big Bailout of the Eurozone (Another crisis coming? - Seriously)

Started by muppet, September 28, 2008, 11:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

i see ff election campaign has started already dr. pat hononan top banker started the ball rolling today on rte radio. lots of "going forward, turning corners, confidence in the market, the best deal" etc..  all ff need is a couple more credible stooges like him and rte putting flowers on it, and cowen will give the next election a fair shake (and yes the irish electorate ARE that dumb). i give it 10 days about they'll come up with some shite on adams probably supplied by their friends the brits
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

muppet

Quote from: lawnseed on November 29, 2010, 06:54:17 PM
i see ff election campaign has started already dr. pat hononan top banker started the ball rolling today on rte radio. lots of "going forward, turning corners, confidence in the market, the best deal" etc..  all ff need is a couple more credible stooges like him and rte putting flowers on it, and cowen will give the next election a fair shake (and yes the irish electorate ARE that dumb). i give it 10 days about they'll come up with some shite on adams probably supplied by their friends the brits

If the Government weren't so weak they would have 'asked' Honohan for his resignation last week after he effectively announced the bailout and confirmed Cowen and Lenny were lying. He might be talking up the bailout today, but he is no FF stooge.
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Even if they are planning naughty moves against Adams, you could still be paranoid.

lawnseed

seafoid

Let there be no panic. It is all a media frenzy.
Also check out the latest in face surgery .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVA1lyplG8
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Quote from: lawnseed on November 29, 2010, 08:48:19 PM
who appointed honahan are you sure it wasnt cowen

I'd say it was the Eurocrats. Cowen would have appointed Bertie if he could.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

INDIANA

Quote from: muppet on November 29, 2010, 06:56:20 PM

If the Government weren't so weak they would have 'asked' Honohan for his resignation last week after he effectively announced the bailout and confirmed Cowen and Lenny were lying. He might be talking up the bailout today, but he is no FF stooge.

Honohan is the only banking asset this country has left

Declan

QuoteLet there be no panic. It is all a media frenzy.
Also check out the latest in face surgery .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVA1lyplG8

Its worse than Alice in Wonderland. What a gobshite.

I thought Honohan was very unimpressive in those interviews today - Pressure getting to him I wonder?

lawnseed

i'd say his "outburst" to the meejah was nicely planned,  it saved biffo and lenny the bother of backtracking. not that their necks are that thick they'd have spun it out some way >:(

muppet

Quote from: lawnseed on November 29, 2010, 08:48:19 PM
who appointed honahan are you sure it wasnt cowen

Honahan was appointed by Lenihan to give some credibility to the Central Bank. He was an economic advisor to Garrett Fitzgerald when he was Taoiseach in the 1980s.

I am not trying to stop you from firing shots at FF, but you need to aim better.
MWWSI 2017

Canalman

Almost sure we are looking at an almighty Yalta type summit in the next year or so with a "Let's start from scratch again" agenda.

Declan

QuoteYalta type summit

With the same geographic division of spoils!!!!

muppet

Quote from: Zapatista on November 29, 2010, 10:41:28 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 29, 2010, 06:56:20 PM

If hei sn't a stooge (i'm not convinced either way) he is a pawn. It was very convinient for Honohan to put the record straight and then have FF ministers and the media and opposition argue about what he actually said. Every other replay Lenihan made last week started with "what prof Honohan actually said was...". It left it so that Lenihan could argue with what Honohan had 'actually said' rather than saying it himself and then arguing later that he 'actually said' something different.

He asked for and got an interview on National radio to say his bosses were lying. They can spin it all they want this week, they are still his bosses. Its not his fault, its ours.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: Zapatista on November 29, 2010, 10:50:44 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 29, 2010, 10:46:30 PM

He asked for and got an interview on National radio to say his bosses were lying. They can spin it all they want this week, they are still his bosses. Its not his fault, its ours.

"I'm sorry but I don't accept that, what he was actually saying was....."

I agree with you but you have to ask yourself why? Did he feel it was his patriotic duty? Who benefited from it? 5 mins before this happened how did FF plan to tell the Nation that they had been feeding us crap all week?

I think he was watching the banks go to the wall while our glorious Brians were still denying there was a problem.
MWWSI 2017