The Big Bailout of the Eurozone (Another crisis coming? - Seriously)

Started by muppet, September 28, 2008, 11:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Zap, or anyone else, why do most of the Dáil protestors seem to be carrying Sinn Féin placards?

Have their leaders considered the impression this has on potential future/new voters. I have no problem with people protesting, and in particular outside the Dáil when the Government lied to us for a week, however the official Sinn Féin placards and banners give the impression of a party very comfortable with anarchy. I would understand if they were excluded in some way but they actually have elected TDs in the Dáil. By all means have an organised Sinn Féin rally at the gates, addressed by their TDs, but storming the gates and more 'scuffles' with Gardai do not help them.

IMHO to really grow their support down south they have to mature as an organisation.
MWWSI 2017

Franko

Quote from: Zapatista on November 22, 2010, 02:33:55 PM
Quote from: Franko on November 22, 2010, 02:18:00 PM

So you'd have to fork out for a new one??  Strange logic.

Feel good factor. It would lift the entire country. Besides, political reform should cut the TD by half and reduce staff by80%. No need for it. They can meet in St Lukes.

Hmmm - not so sure...

INDIANA

Quote from: muppet on November 22, 2010, 04:58:38 PM
Zap, or anyone else, why do most of the Dáil protestors seem to be carrying Sinn Féin placards?

Have their leaders considered the impression this has on potential future/new voters. I have no problem with people protesting, and in particular outside the Dáil when the Government lied to us for a week, however the official Sinn Féin placards and banners give the impression of a party very comfortable with anarchy. I would understand if they were excluded in some way but they actually have elected TDs in the Dáil. By all means have an organised Sinn Féin rally at the gates, addressed by their TDs, but storming the gates and more 'scuffles' with Gardai do not help them.

IMHO to really grow their support down south they have to mature as an organisation.

SF are vermin. Hopefully the demise of FF wont be accompanied in a rise in popularity in organised scum. Bit like FF really.

Hardy

Quote from: muppet on November 22, 2010, 04:58:38 PMa party very comfortable with anarchy
:D  The 2010 version of "a slightly constitutional party"?

muppet

Quote from: INDIANA on November 22, 2010, 05:03:57 PM
SF are vermin. Hopefully the demise of FF wont be accompanied in a rise in popularity in organised scum. Bit like FF really.

I wasn't trying to trigger, nor do I agree with comments like this. Some of my family would be quite sympathetic to SF.
MWWSI 2017

INDIANA

Quote from: muppet on November 22, 2010, 05:08:48 PM

I wasn't trying to trigger, nor do I agree with comments like this. Some of my family would be quite sympathetic to SF.

Not really bothered either way. Hell would freeze over before I would vote people with their track record in atrocities into office. No better then FF. They are vermin.

Hardy

Lecale2

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Canalman

Quote from: INDIANA on November 22, 2010, 05:11:06 PM

Not really bothered either way. Hell would freeze over before I would vote people with their track record in atrocities into office. No better then FF. They are vermin.

Looks like there is noone out there for you to vote for then  Indiana. Do a little scratching and you will find atrocities associated with all major political parties down south.

seafoid

Quote from: Canalman on November 22, 2010, 05:32:58 PM

Looks like there is noone out there for you to vote for then  Indiana. Do a little scratching and you will find atrocities associated with all major political parties down south.

The Greens ? 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Canalman

Fair point Seafóid.............. can't remember The Greens having shot or blown up anyone  in the last 100 years or so. The Greens it will have to be for our idealistic fellow poster.

INDIANA

Quote from: Canalman on November 22, 2010, 05:32:58 PM

True but this is about burying FF. So I'll vote FG even though I dont like them. This isnt about local issues. This is about burying thiese scoundrels so they never surface again. Fortunately we're not that stuck that its a choice between SF and FF. If it ever reaches that stage I'll happily set sail on my raft.
The thought of Adams entering the Dail makes my skin crawl.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Rossfan

Quote from: INDIANA on November 22, 2010, 05:54:20 PM
I'll vote FG even though I dont like them.

The party that gave us Ballyseedy, the Blueshirts with their Fascist salutes and O'Duffy going off to "fight" for Franco's cause.
The thought of them cnuts in Government makes MY skin crawl ....but they are the only real alternative.
However I presume they will only be an Administration not a Government as they will only be running things for the ECB/IMF/Brit Chancellor.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM