The Big Bailout of the Eurozone (Another crisis coming? - Seriously)

Started by muppet, September 28, 2008, 11:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

Quote from: seafoid on November 16, 2010, 08:35:59 AM
I think people are going to figure it out, Lecale. FF have destroyed the economy.

Ursla Haligan really stuck it to them yesterday. She said FF the Republican Party will be known in history as the people who took Irelands hard won freedom and handed it over.

Capt Pat

Quote from: Rossfan on November 15, 2010, 06:55:15 PM
Remember Germany got a strong leader in 1933  :'(

At least he might build a few good motorways and get rid of all the Kerry people.

Kerry Mike

Quoteand get rid of all the Kerry people.

As in move us all back to Kerry. Happy days.  As John B Keane said, "every day spent outside the Kingdom is a day wasted"
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Bogball XV

Quote from: Lecale2 on November 16, 2010, 08:22:23 AM
I still find it surprising how many people in the south just don't realise how bad things are.
I find it surprising how many people in the north don't realise who close behind us they are.

delboy

Quote from: Bogball XV on November 16, 2010, 09:53:11 AM
I still find it surprising how many people in the south just don't realise how bad things are.
I find it surprising how many people in the north don't realise who close behind us they are.

We're tied into the UK as a whole (thank god), time will tell but certainly the bond markets seem much happier that the UK isn't going to default (running around the 4 % mark on 10 year bonds).
That the UK is going to go cap in hand like ireland is largely wishful thinking on your part.

Bogball XV

Quote from: delboy on November 16, 2010, 12:34:19 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on November 16, 2010, 09:53:11 AM

We're tied into the UK as a whole (thank god), time will tell but certainly the bond markets seem much happier that the UK isn't going to default (running around the 4 % mark on 10 year bonds).
That the UK is going to go cap in hand like ireland is largely wishful thinking on your part.
I was a being a bit dramatic I agree, but it's quite annoying to hear northerners constantly talk with great glee about the situation down here, seemingly ignorant of the fact that they had a worse bubble that was equally as badly handled and the people behaved in a similar way as that witnessed in the worst excesses of the celtic tiger and that without the UK backing up the north it would have been in Ireland's position long ago.
In the long term you are probably right, the UK will probably not need to resort to the EU for funding, but it's definitely not certain, stranger things have happened.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/nov/16/ireland-globalrecession?intcmp=239

see this article

seafoid

Nobody knows what is going to happen in the next year. Nobody predicted at the start of the year that Irish bond yields would touch 9%. The UK is taking a big gamble with its austerity drive and the markets have no respect for anyone so I wouldn't put the house on the UK not getting into difficulty.   
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Zapatista

Quote from: seafoid on November 16, 2010, 02:12:40 PM
Nobody knows what is going to happen in the next year. Nobody predicted at the start of the year that Irish bond yields would touch 9%. The UK is taking a big gamble with its austerity drive and the markets have no respect for anyone so I wouldn't put the house on the UK not getting into difficulty.

Pat Kenny played a clip of David McWilliams back in Jan 2009. He predicted this and that we should do exactly what we are doing now.. Kenny asked him if he was happy that he was right and he said No. He pretty much said the Government new it too as it wasn't that hard to see.

gerrykeegan

Come on Muppet you right well this is going to be one those, everything is going to be ok statements. We will not need a bailout we are fine. We might however take some spare cash for our long suffering banks, and the only reason they are suffering is because of the nasty speculators.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

seafoid

Quote from: Zapatista on November 16, 2010, 02:31:19 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 16, 2010, 02:12:40 PM

Pat Kenny played a clip of David McWilliams back in Jan 2009. He predicted this and that we should do exactly what we are doing now.. Kenny asked him if he was happy that he was right and he said No. He pretty much said the Government new it too as it wasn't that hard to see.

I saw a David McWilliams video on youtube from 2005/2006 where he was encouraging Americans to come over and join the miracle...
The markets weren't pricing his scenario this time last year. 

seafoid

Quote from: gerrykeegan on November 16, 2010, 03:24:22 PM
Come on Muppet you right well this is going to be one those, everything is going to be ok statements. We will not need a bailout we are fine. We might however take some spare cash for our long suffering banks, and the only reason they are suffering is because of the nasty speculators.

Gerry. This is like the moment in July when the Mayo lads realise the team is sh*te and they are not going to win the all-Ireland this year and they start thinking about next year and bitching amongst each other over the big match temperament of Austin O'Malley or someone suchlike. The moment is here.   

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on November 16, 2010, 03:56:13 PM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on November 16, 2010, 03:24:22 PM

Gerry. This is like the moment in July when the Mayo lads realise the team is sh*te and they are not going to win the all-Ireland this year and they start thinking about next year and bitching amongst each other over the big match temperament of Austin O'Malley or someone suchlike. The moment is here.   

The secret is we always back the opponents.  ;)

Meanwhile back to the 'who called it right?' debate:

Morgan Kelly is the undisputed heavyweight champion. Watch the sneering of Keenan (Indo) and Kevin McConnell Bloxham's Head of Research:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11CCxv2ueiQ&feature=&p=334100C583201F6D&index=0&playnext=1
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Keenan asks are Morgan Stanley or some other shower of analysts wrong ?
And how wrong they were.