The Big Bailout of the Eurozone (Another crisis coming? - Seriously)

Started by muppet, September 28, 2008, 11:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

Quote from: muppet on September 30, 2010, 11:57:13 PM
We live in the celebrity era. People would vote for the likes Louis Walsh over say someone with a brain in his head.

It still doesn't make sense though. If Lenihan becomes leader of FF and FF take a bump in the polls for it I will sadly have to advise the young to get out of this country and don't come back unless you are on a boat armed to the teeth and ready to take the country by force.

muppet

Quote from: Zapatista on October 01, 2010, 12:06:16 AM
Quote from: muppet on September 30, 2010, 11:57:13 PM
We live in the celebrity era. People would vote for the likes Louis Walsh over say someone with a brain in his head.

It still doesn't make sense though. If Lenihan becomes leader of FF and FF take a bump in the polls for it I will sadly have to advise the young to get out of this country and don't come back unless you are on a boat armed to the teeth and ready to take the country by force.

Ideally all of our sponging politicians should be run out of the Dail and that covers all parties and especially the independents. However that is not an option sadly.

A national government made up of the best ministers would be ideal but that would involve politicians acting in the interests of the country rather than their parties so that won't happen either.
MWWSI 2017

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Zapatista on September 30, 2010, 11:55:26 PM
New poll out says he is favourite to replace Cowen.
I am gobsmacked at that. The man hasn't got a single sum or prediction right in 2 years. I will be paying for this mans stupidity for the rest of my working live and at the end of that I have a much reduced life style to reward me for all my hard work. Sick!
FF are not capable of Government. They are bleeding the people of this country to feed their fat zombies.

I am dreading this budget come next month (November), not because I begrudge paying taxes but because I begrudge paying for the complicity and incompetency of a crooked government who are hell-bent on securing the maximum pay-off for the most, not the minimum pay-out for the most.

Emigration beckons, once again.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tony Baloney

Donnellys Hollow

The spectre of the IMF looms large. That will not be pretty, for anyone.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

muppet

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 01, 2010, 12:33:50 AM
Back to the 80s.

I think this will be worse. No IMF then.

The simple question is do you believe Lenihan and Cowen.

If they are right, we have a chance. If not...................
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

What's the nuclear option come budget time?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 01, 2010, 12:38:50 AM

Assassinating the entire cabinet on the eve of the budget ;)

Bogball XV

I think it very unlikely that Brian Lenihan will lead FF, althouh, perhaps if he were to get the bump up now he'd do less damage?

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 01, 2010, 12:45:20 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 01, 2010, 12:38:50 AM

Assassinating the entire cabinet on the eve of the budget ;)
I don't think the greens like the nuclear option :D

seafoid

Quote from: Hereiam on September 30, 2010, 10:49:22 PM
Is the credit union the best place for ur money at this moment in time

I think this post says it all. The guarantee followed the day Joe Duffy was bombarded with calls from citizens worried about their savings and was a response to the risk of a bank run. 2 years on, with NAMA costing 40bn and 50bn pumped into 6 banks to draw a lne under the sand and it's back. People asking if their money is safe.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

bcarrier

Quote from: muppet on September 30, 2010, 10:58:03 PM
Lenny is on Vincent Browne at 2305 apparently.

I wonder will he be again let away with denying that he has made a bad decision, that it is a disaster and promising to bring those responsible to 'justice'.

When I hear Lenihan now ( as in aherne in his day ) I am reminded of  Groucho Marx and " If you can fake sincerity you got it made " ( or something like that) . He comes across as sincere so being wrong doesnt come into it for the wider public...There is someone on propertypin who refers to him as " the lawyer who didnt read the small print " ...its amazing he has got way with the anglo howler.

Declan

QuoteWhen I hear Lenihan now ( as in aherne in his day ) I am reminded of  Groucho Marx and " If you can fake sincerity you got it made

Indeed - Folks you've got to remember that his lineage means that the FF DNA is so deeply embedded that he cannot see any further than his nose can lift above the parapet of the trough. Lenihan and his ilk do not give a flying f**k about the general population and any observer of abusive relationships would be well versed with our dysfunctional relationship with the Soldiers of Destiny. They keep hitting and raping us and we keep expecting them to change because they love us - NEWSFLASH - They'll never change.

In this bleak week I'll give you 2 quotes from Einstein to consider:
1. Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
2. No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it

Oh and it's good to see that they can understand exactly what they are speaking into
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyKzzpW5O7s :D :D

Tony Baloney

Maybe this is what is needed...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/ecuador/8036053/Ecuador-coup-50-injured-in-clashes.html

Countries being bankrupted by corrupt/inept governments isn't confined to Africa and S. America!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 01, 2010, 09:00:43 AM
Countries being bankrupted by corrupt/inept governments isn't confined to Africa and S. America!

Indeed. At least Nero could play the violin, all this shower can do is fiddle.