The Big Bailout of the Eurozone (Another crisis coming? - Seriously)

Started by muppet, September 28, 2008, 11:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Stamp duty should be reduced. Instead of hitting people for a huge bill when they move, have a constant tax every year so that the government finances don't swing from boom to bust.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

thebigfella

Quote from: armaghniac on January 31, 2009, 01:12:10 AM
Stamp duty should be reduced. Instead of hitting people for a huge bill when they move, have a constant tax every year so that the government finances don't swing from boom to bust.

???? - I don't get what your proposing, are you saying the governments finances is to blame for the current state of the economy?

pintsofguinness

Do you not pay any sort of rates/council tax in the south?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

the Deel Rover

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 31, 2009, 10:27:21 AM

not at the moment pog, you pay for the waste disposal directly to the company there is no water charges at the moment however that is been phased in .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

pintsofguinness

Quote from: the Deel Rover on January 31, 2009, 10:33:40 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 31, 2009, 10:27:21 AM

not at the moment pog, you pay for the waste disposal directly to the company there is no water charges at the moment however that is been phased in .
I thought that. 
I dont agree with it but I'm sure yous can have much complaints, the North pay rates, the English pay council tax.
Though I think it's ridiculous. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

the Deel Rover

How much would you pay in rates pog? How is it worked out?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Barna Bee

Quote from: the Deel Rover on January 31, 2009, 10:45:34 AM

This gives you an idea ...

I live in a flat with my wife and baby in central London...the flat is circa 1,500sq feet, 3 bed , 2 bathrrom , balconies etc .

We pay £157 per month for the 3 of us in council tax ....£1,884 per annum.
The tax is worked out from a set of bands ...think there are about 5-6 bands. I am in the middle band approx
Some boroughs have a giher council tax...it depends on 2 things ....number pf people living in the boprough and the services available in the borough.

Council tax covers...bin collection, and street cleaning etc

It is set up as a standing order monthly payable to the local council...if you live in the area for a while and own a propert there ...you won't get away without paying it.

Everyone is liable ...not just home owers but renters too...students don't pay though.

It does not cover water charges which one has to pay for ....water in and water out ...to thames valley water inmy case
parking permit for the area if I want to park my car on the street...£100 per year(although I park the car indoors)

Other things of note

Stamp duty is lower here ...3-%-6-% I think

Fuel..gas and elec are lower here.

Most people in London (central don't need cars as transports is good)...the congestion charge for travelling into the C zone Mon to Friday is arip off...£8 per day and you never get anay without paying it....this will go up soon for gas guzzlers.

Sounds to me like a council tax thing might suit Ireland

muppet

Quote from: Barna Bee on January 31, 2009, 02:39:00 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on January 31, 2009, 10:45:34 AM

This gives you an idea ...

I live in a flat with my wife and baby in central London...the flat is circa 1,500sq feet, 3 bed , 2 bathrrom , balconies etc .

We pay £157 per month for the 3 of us in council tax ....£1,884 per annum.
The tax is worked out from a set of bands ...think there are about 5-6 bands. I am in the middle band approx
Some boroughs have a giher council tax...it depends on 2 things ....number pf people living in the boprough and the services available in the borough.

Council tax covers...bin collection, and street cleaning etc

It is set up as a standing order monthly payable to the local council...if you live in the area for a while and own a propert there ...you won't get away without paying it.

Everyone is liable ...not just home owers but renters too...students don't pay though.

It does not cover water charges which one has to pay for ....water in and water out ...to thames valley water inmy case
parking permit for the area if I want to park my car on the street...£100 per year(although I park the car indoors)

Other things of note

Stamp duty is lower here ...3-%-6-% I think

Fuel..gas and elec are lower here.

Most people in London (central don't need cars as transports is good)...the congestion charge for travelling into the C zone Mon to Friday is arip off...£8 per day and you never get anay without paying it....this will go up soon for gas guzzlers.

Sounds to me like a council tax thing might suit Ireland

A good balanced comparison Barna Bee, rather than the I pay this tax therefore you should.
MWWSI 2017

bcarrier

Stamp duty is 1%  up to £250K  in uk.

muppet

Quote from: Declan on February 02, 2009, 02:43:18 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/dan-roberts-on-business-blog/interactive/2009/jan/29/financial-pyramid

Fascinating piece on where did all the money go

That is scary. There is a huge tsunami on the way and we are arguing about umbrellas.
MWWSI 2017

orangeman

Scary enough but where does inflation come into this ?

muppet

Quote from: orangeman on February 02, 2009, 03:08:47 PM
Scary enough but where does inflation come into this ?

We will be talking about deflation from now on.
MWWSI 2017

orangeman

Wouldn't it be great to have a mortgage like this ???

No interest

Some borrowers will find they no longer have to pay any interest on their mortgages if the Bank Rate is cut to 1%.

The Cheltenham & Gloucester (C&G), one of the mortgage lending arms of Lloyds Banking Group, has 1,500 customers whose tracker deals are set at 1.01% below Bank Rate.

At first they will be charged at just 0.001%, to give the lender time to adjust its computer systems.

For someone with a £100,000 mortgage this would mean paying 8 pence a month in interest.

Then the customers will pay no interest at all, and will be repaid their small overpayment.

However, the C&G said it would not go as far as regularly repaying interest to these borrowers - a negative interest rate - as their deals have a "collar" that sets the minimum rate at 0%.

Declan

Now I see that Ernst & Young the auditors of Anglo are refusing to appear before the Public Accounts committee - These bastards have no shame and yet are part of the business classes that are currently lecturing us on the need to take pay cuts and cut public services >:(