The Big Bailout of the Eurozone (Another crisis coming? - Seriously)

Started by muppet, September 28, 2008, 11:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Beggars can't be choosers  ;)
SF please note - in between feuds
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

muppet

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-18/23-nations-around-world-where-stock-market-crashes-are-already-happening

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 08/18/2015

You can stop waiting for a global financial crisis to happen.  The truth is that one is happening right now.  All over the world, stock markets are already crashing.  Most of these stock market crashes are occurring in nations that are known as "emerging markets".  In recent years, developing countries in Asia, South America and Africa loaded up on lots of cheap loans that were denominated in U.S. dollars.  But now that the U.S. dollar has been surging, those borrowers are finding that it takes much more of their own local currencies to service those loans.  At the same time, prices are crashing for many of the commodities that those countries export.  The exact same kind of double whammy caused the Latin American debt crisis of the 1980s and the Asian financial crisis of the 1990s.

As you read this article, almost every single stock market in the world is down significantly from a record high that was set either earlier this year or late in 2014.  But even though stocks have been sliding in the western world, they haven't completely collapsed just yet.

In much of the developing world, it is a very different story.  Emerging market currencies are crashing hard, recessions are starting, and equity prices are getting absolutely hammered.

Posted below is a list that I put together of 23 nations around the world where stock market crashes are already happening.  To see the stock market chart for each country, just click the link...

1. Malaysia

2. Brazil

3. Egypt

4. China

5. Indonesia

6. South Korea

7. Turkey

8. Chile

9. Colombia

10. Peru

11. Bulgaria

12. Greece

13. Poland

14. Serbia

15. Slovenia

16. Ukraine

17. Ghana

18. Kenya

19. Morocco

20. Nigeria

21. Singapore

22. Taiwan

23. Thailand

Of course this is just the beginning.  The western world is going to feel this kind of pain as well very soon.  I want to share with you an excerpt from an article that just appeared in the Telegraph entitled "Doomsday clock for global market crash strikes one minute to midnight as central banks lose control".  You see, the Telegraph is not just one of the most important newspapers in the UK – it is truly one of the most important newspapers in the entire world.  When it speaks on financial matters, millions of people listen very carefully.  So for the Telegraph to declare that the countdown to a "global market crash" is "one minute to midnight" is a very, very big deal...
MWWSI 2017

Franko

This was written on 25th June this year... it doesn't make good reading.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/the-economic-collapse-blog-has-issued-a-red-alert-for-the-last-six-months-of-2015

**Edit - whilst the first portion of this article seems to be based on sound mathematical and statistical evidence, in the latter part of it the author seems to go off on a religious-nut type ramble.  Kinda tarnishes the impact of the whole thing for me.

Billys Boots

One of Gordon Brown's former advisors is tweeting today that people should buy lots of tinned foods and expect to go into apocalypse-mode shortly. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

muppet

Quote from: Franko on August 24, 2015, 04:18:11 PM
This was written on 25th June this year... it doesn't make good reading.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/the-economic-collapse-blog-has-issued-a-red-alert-for-the-last-six-months-of-2015

**Edit - whilst the first portion of this article seems to be based on sound mathematical and statistical evidence, in the latter part of it the author seems to go off on a religious-nut type ramble.  Kinda tarnishes the impact of the whole thing for me.

Same author as the link I put up.

But there are lots and lots of guys predicting this coming crash for a long time now. I am not financially literate so I can't really comprehend a lot of what they are pointing to.

Mike Maloney has a nice style of relatively short presentation, for the layman on a lot of these issues: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mike+maloney

The only thing is, he is selling Gold & Silver for a living so has a vested interest. The (other) only thing is, this time, Gold is going down too. That makes no sense.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

http://www.rightrelevance.com/search/articles/hero?article=40676da52be00f6928545c86e292cd979dcbe063&query=fixed%20income&taccount=govtbondsrr

Rumours of a 20% haircut for Ukraine on their debt.

Why does a country that overthrew its democratically elected pro-Russian leaders and replaced them with equally corrupt pro-Western leaders, get a haircut and Greece doesn't? Or is the answer in the question?
MWWSI 2017

Clinker

Quote from: T Fearon on August 02, 2015, 05:33:50 AM

25,000 from so called big counties like Tyrone,Donegal and Galway is a disgrace,for a Championship game.Hiw many band wagon jumpers from each of the above counties will be moaning about All Ireland Final tickets should their county reach that stage?

Not a disgrace.
Going but not gone yet.
It is going to be a slow demise and not sudden.
Everything public will be rustier in five years time - less looked after - less cared for.
Time for selfishness to be gone from lives - bring the girl/wife/family out for a wee meal and a bit of craic instead of blowing "extra" money on travel, pints and matches that are on the television.
Support your own people and your Club (instead of a makey up broader area) for those are the people who will be with you in the end.
Communities will survive this but the hand-me-down pay outs are coming to an end.
Stick with your own - today's County watching party goers will suffer a similar fate except you won't be in their company anymore.
Generosity begins at home.
Be generous whilst financial time is on your side - it is going away and none of us will see it back.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

armaghniac

Quote from: Clinker on August 25, 2015, 01:33:42 AM
Time for selfishness to be gone from lives - bring the girl/wife/family out for a wee meal and a bit of craic instead of blowing "extra" money on travel, pints and matches that are on the television.
Support your own people and your Club (instead of a makey up broader area) for those are the people who will be with you in the end.

Huge numbers attended games when things were much worse than this "crisis" and if you are a GAA person then going to a game is craic.

I note the Euro has reversed its decline since the China thing became prominent. China holds most of its loot in dollars, and it might sell some of these.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on August 25, 2015, 01:56:14 AM
Quote from: Clinker on August 25, 2015, 01:33:42 AM

Huge numbers attended games when things were much worse than this "crisis" and if you are a GAA person then going to a game is craic.

I note the Euro has reversed its decline since the China thing became prominent. China holds most of its loot in dollars, and it might sell some of these.

Currency war is now involving everyone?
MWWSI 2017

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

muppet

Quote from: thejuice on August 27, 2015, 05:54:49 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-27/its-official-china-confirms-it-has-begun-liquidating-treasuries-warns-washington

China selling off its $$$ ?

I liked this post in the comments:

Okay, I gotta figure this out:

The US borrowed money from China (China buys Treasuries).

China goes broke borrowing money from itself, and decides to cash in her IOU's.

The US is broke from borrowing money from itself and everyone else, which means the US's IOU's are worthless (The US can't pay back what it owes).

If yields (the interest on the bonds (treasuries) goes up, then the US really can't pay back.

Shit rolls downhill, which means that as the interest rates go up on Treasuries, that pushes interest rates up down the line, (ie at the broke-ass fractional reserve banks), and finally, the broke ass American public can't afford to buy a house made out of sawdust, chalk, and plastic wrap.

If the public is tapped out, well, that's when shit rolls back uphill, as in NOBODY CAN AFFORD TO GROW f**king FOOD, YOU STUPID BANKSTER MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!
MWWSI 2017

muppet

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-34676643

The London housing market has formed the world's biggest house price bubble, according to the Swiss bank, UBS.

It said the ratios of property prices to incomes, and property prices to rents, have reached all-time highs.

And it warned that London house prices have become more "decoupled" from household earnings than anywhere else in the world.
More than any other big city, the capital now faces the risk of a "substantial" price correction.

However it was not able to predict when any such correction might occur.

In its Global Real Estate Bubble Index, UBS says any city scoring more than 1.5 is at risk of a bubble.
London had the highest score, at 1.88.

Hong Kong came second, with a score of 1.67.

'Drastic'

Real house prices, after adjusting for inflation, have soared by almost 40% in London since the beginning of 2013, said UBS.

That makes London one of the most expensive cities in the world.

Amongst other findings in the report:
London house prices are, in real terms, 6% above their 2007 peak. This compares with a national drop in house prices of 18%
The decoupling of the London market is "even more drastic" considering that real average earnings have fallen by 7% since 2007.

The demand for London properties was largely driven by foreign investors, but domestic buyers have also helped to boost prices.
UBS said the government's Help to Buy scheme had stoked demand too.

On past experience, UBS said that a price correction of 30% usually occurs within three years of the index exceeding a score of 1.0.
New York, Boston and Chicago were among the cities at least risk of a housing bubble.
MWWSI 2017

Kursk

Quote from: thejuice on August 27, 2015, 05:54:49 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-27/its-official-china-confirms-it-has-begun-liquidating-treasuries-warns-washington

China selling off its $$$ ?

I expect to see a lot more of this. In this case the action had more to do with China's devaluation but I think people will have watched very closely to see the full  impact on the US and how they react. It is almost like an experiment, albeit an unintentional one in this case.There is scope in the future for more pro-actively aggressive actions. It would be interesting to see what would happen if China stretched the US economically at the same time that Russia initiated some action that caused political/defence repercussions.