The Big Bailout of the Eurozone (Another crisis coming? - Seriously)

Started by muppet, September 28, 2008, 11:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 10, 2015, 11:57:43 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 10, 2015, 11:56:14 PM
What do Pearse Doherty, Martina Anderson and the Irish loony left think of their hero now?
They were wetting themselves last Monday ::)
Empty pockets can concentrate th'oul mind alright.
They're going to get a debt write down though

Something we didn't get
That remains to be seen. Either way, Greece is in a much worse situation since they took charge.

trileacman

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 11, 2015, 12:06:36 AM
What do Pearse Doherty, Martina Anderson and the Irish loony left think of their hero now?

Something we didn't get
That remains to be seen. Either way, Greece is in a much worse situation since they took charge.

The most significant thing Syriza have managed is to put the Greek banks further in the shitter by scaring the country into removing 37 billion from it's account's. Therefore everyone who uses the Greek banking system on a regular basis are fucked if they go under, which like it or not, includes almost all the citizens of Greece.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

muppet

Something we didn't get

Greece is going to get a write down whether they stay in the Euro or not. Not because of politics but because they simply can't pay it all back.

The rest of us will pay for this write down.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Hopefully they don't write it down for another 30 or 40 years anyway.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rossfan

I won't have to pay for it then and by then the younger Irish taxpayers will have cleared the debts of Anglo, Quinlan, Dunn's, Ronan, Quinn and all the rest.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

macdanger2

Greece won't recover economically without a write down. No recovery = more bailouts or exit from the euro

bcarrier

Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2015, 04:20:08 PM

Something we didn't get

Greece is going to get a write down whether they stay in the Euro or not. Not because of politics but because they simply can't pay it all back.

The Greeks can't pay but Neither can pretty much everyone else including the US.

The stuff I have read indicates personal Greek debt will remain tied to the currency it was borrowed in ie the euro. This mean Greeks will be burdened with an increased debt burden relative  to their incomes in a depreciated currency. That won't work either.

muppet

Quote from: bcarrier on July 12, 2015, 10:46:01 AM
Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2015, 04:20:08 PM

Something we didn't get

The Greeks can't pay but Neither can pretty much everyone else including the US.

The stuff I have read indicates personal Greek debt will remain tied to the currency it was borrowed in ie the euro. This mean Greeks will be burdened with an increased debt burden relative  to their incomes in a depreciated currency. That won't work either.

WTF? That would be disastrous.
MWWSI 2017

trileacman

Time to do the decent thing and dump the Greeks out of the Euro. A harsh kick up the ass but it's what they need to see the reality of the situation. If you'd a brother mooching off you endlessly you'd eventually tell him to f**k off and it'd be in his interest to fend for himself. Same here, the Greek recovery will come about quicker if they're forced to put their house in order.

We're throwing good money after bad and the only winner here is those show-boating pricks in Syrzia who get to level the blame of austerity at the EU or those 60% who voted no. They should just man up and tell the Greek people it's either a painful default or a painful bailout and pick one which they reckon will serve their people best. Shoulder some responsiblity you skiving, spin-doctor c***ts.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Canalman

Wouldn't be too quick Trileacman to lap up everything that is written in the papers about Greece.

Not so long ago it was Ireland and the Irish "in the dock" .............. you know the Irish that were too up themselves to do housework, admit that they drove a 20th century registered car, fecklessly borrowing, off to New York shopping every other weekend etc etc etc.

For the life of me I can't understand how people are blaming everything on Syrizia (sic) who are only in power months.

The only definite I can see in all this is that it is very bad news for Turkey and their short term hopes in getting in to the EU ( if they still want to).

magpie seanie

Quote from: Canalman on July 13, 2015, 08:59:45 AM
Wouldn't be too quick Trileacman to lap up everything that is written in the papers about Greece.

Not so long ago it was Ireland and the Irish "in the dock" .............. you know the Irish that were too up themselves to do housework, admit that they drove a 20th century registered car, fecklessly borrowing, off to New York shopping every other weekend etc etc etc.

For the life of me I can't understand how people are blaming everything on Syrizia (sic) who are only in power months.

The only definite I can see in all this is that it is very bad news for Turkey and their short term hopes in getting in to the EU ( if they still want to).

The media and "western democracy in general is rabidly anti left wing. The primary aim of Merkel and co at the outset was to remove Syriza from power. The referendum put paid to that so they have to deal with them now. I think Syriza want to tax the mega rich and that was a stumbling block, until now. Syriza have played a blinder in my view. Unlike the lickspittles that represent us.

Premier Emperor

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 13, 2015, 09:43:10 AM
Syriza have played a blinder in my view. Unlike the lickspittles that represent us.
Playing a blinder in leaving the country in chaos, with queues at bank machines, capital flight out of Greek banks and Greece being top story around the world for being a basket case.
And then they lie down, as they were always going to do.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Premier Emperor on July 13, 2015, 09:48:39 AM
Syriza have played a blinder in my view. Unlike the lickspittles that represent us.
Playing a blinder in leaving the country in chaos, with queues at bank machines, capital flight out of Greek banks and Greece being top story around the world for being a basket case.

I don't believe that's an accurate assessment.

bcarrier

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 13, 2015, 10:17:00 AM
Quote from: Premier Emperor on July 13, 2015, 09:48:39 AM

I don't believe that's an accurate assessment.

I think they contributed to a run on the banks which created an additional hole of 10bn + and the resultant requirement to deposit assets in Luxembourg.

All sides are guilty.