The Big Bailout of the Eurozone (Another crisis coming? - Seriously)

Started by muppet, September 28, 2008, 11:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

And you'd remind me of one of those boys who would stand up for nothing for fear of making a scene.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Declan on June 25, 2013, 02:48:28 PM
I've come to the conclusion that the most effective form of action or civil disobedience that the ordinary people of Ireland can do is to refuse to continue to repay their mortgages. If enough people did that well then the consequences would have to be addressed within the next 6 months.
There are thousands of people doing that already.

Rossfan

TrueBlue,
Talkin sh1te while running down your neighbours ( whom ye want to Unite with - how do ye expect that to work I wonder ) will achieve........... the same as the Greeks have achieved -- SWEET FA --- unlike what they would have achieved if they started working, showing enterprise, paying taxes etc etc.
You know like the Germans, Dutch, Danes etc and we are now learning about after 30 years of Fianna Fáil pay for nothing, get everything free and sure build like fuk and give tax breaks to speculators and let Bankers do what they like.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

boojangles

Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 25, 2013, 03:05:06 PM
And you'd remind me of one of those boys who would stand up for nothing for fear of making a scene.

Rossfan is making a scene though. That damn insurance levy, damn them Quinns, the cheek of them, why can't they just take it up the arse and quit fighting back and then everything would be rosy. Sure Rossfan just won't give up on it. He is planning a protest at the Connacht final. In order to stop the scene I think we should have a whip-round for poor old Rossfan. 2% of lets say €1500. €30 anybody for poor old Rossfan? 

Declan

QuoteThere are thousands of people doing that already.

I'm not sure about that BnM. I've heard anecdotal evidence and its been used against the debt for equity swap idea being bandied about.
I'm talking about a mass default on a scale that would effectively kill the lending institutions as we know them.

I genuinely can't see anything else working. Currently waiting on a response from my local TDs as to their opinion on what should be done!

trueblue1234

Quote from: Rossfan on June 25, 2013, 03:12:01 PM
TrueBlue,
Talkin sh1te while running down your neighbours ( whom ye want to Unite with - how do ye expect that to work I wonder ) will achieve........... the same as the Greeks have achieved -- SWEET FA --- unlike what they would have achieved if they started working, showing enterprise, paying taxes etc etc.
You know like the Germans, Dutch, Danes etc and we are now learning about after 30 years of Fianna Fáil pay for nothing, get everything free and sure build like fuk and give tax breaks to speculators and let Bankers do what they like.

Why is letting the Government know that your not happy with how they are handling things "Talkin Sh!te". It's too late to stop or influence what has already happened, but at least by protesting and voicing our opinions it might bring additional pressure to make the government put more checks, legislation, laws etc in place to prevent something silimar happening again. At the minute they look very reluctant to do anything.

deiseach

Quote from: Declan on June 25, 2013, 02:48:28 PM
I've come to the conclusion that the most effective form of action or civil disobedience that the ordinary people of Ireland can do is to refuse to continue to repay their mortgages. If enough people did that well then the consequences would have to be addressed within the next 6 months.

Nice thought, but good luck organising it. I remember when I worked in TalkTalk they made a hames of the transition to a new type of call. We got training in one level, when the calls started coming through they were a different type. The instructions from on high? Deal with it. For eight days this went on before the site manager returned from maternity leave and kicked ass to get it sorted. I was talking to a former manager who had come back down to the floor about it and said we should all just down tools/headsets. He gave me a shrewd look and said "I would because I don't care if they sack me. But if I stepped forward, you can be sure I'd be on my own". Thatcher was right when she said there was no such thing as society - she and her ilk ensured it.

Declan

I know. I drift between complete apathy and sheer anger every few minutes myself but then I think of my kids and say what sort of example am I setting. Evil prospers when good men do nothing a well known Irishman once said.

Rossfan

Quote from: boojangles on June 25, 2013, 03:25:07 PM

Rossfan is making a scene though. That damn insurance levy, damn them Quinns, the cheek of them, why can't they just take it up the arse and quit fighting back and then everything would be rosy. Sure Rossfan just won't give up on it. He is planning a protest at the Connacht final. In order to stop the scene I think we should have a whip-round for poor old Rossfan. 2% of lets say €1500. €30 anybody for poor old Rossfan?

All right for ye Northern gang to be all up the Quinns' arses.
Ye haven't to pay the price for them like we have.
Keep ye're €30s . Ye'll need them after re unification to pay for Quinns' debts.

trueblue1234

supersarsfields

Quote from: Rossfan on June 25, 2013, 04:24:06 PM

Ye haven't to pay the price for them like we have.Keep ye're €30s . Ye'll need them after re unification to pay for Quinns' debts.

Your also reaping the benefits of his business empire and have been for the last 30 odd years.

Rossfan

I thought all his business was in the North  ;D ;D
At least that's what he told the Court in Belfast anyway and sure he wouldn't mislead a Court now would he  :o

supersarsfields

SQ never said all his business was in the North. Nor did he tell a judge that. He said his centre of interest was in the North, so I'm afraid your talking more cr@p.

muppet

Quote from: Hereiam on June 25, 2013, 10:13:32 AM
Dont think it really matters because the Irish Population will just sit back and do nothing. Look at Brazil and Greece, if you (the south) had any balls you would be out on the streets showing your disgust for what has happened.

I'd have thought watching our Northern brethren has taught us less marching is better than the alternative.

Heard on the radio that these calls were routinely recorded to, among other reasons, confirm the details of deals done by certain sections of the bank which would be agreed over the phone. Thus the existence of at least some recordings of conversations in Anglo must have been known especially since it was privatised.
MWWSI 2017

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on June 25, 2013, 04:24:06 PM

Ye haven't to pay the price for them like we have.
Keep ye're €30s . Ye'll need them after re unification to pay for Quinns' debts.

Do you know what state Cavan is in and to whom we pay our taxes.