The Big Bailout of the Eurozone (Another crisis coming? - Seriously)

Started by muppet, September 28, 2008, 11:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Why is the tape coming out now?

It might have saved us if it came out before the Bank Guarantee.
MWWSI 2017

thejuice

I think we should start a civil war. Pro-Guarantee Vs Anti-Guarantee. But using blank rounds. Im sure we can find some left over movie explosives that we could plant around the place and with the help of the local news channels (foreign ones will be expelled  for their own safety along with a few RTE heads for good measure) we could script the whole thing to look like the country is descending into chaos.

Then get the wankers in Dáil to beg the EU to let us away with our debts otherwise we'll kill each other and with it the markets will kill the Euro. We'll get anyone invloved with anglo and all the other corrupt banker f**kers, put them on a boat to as far as f**k away. Then tell the Eurocrats that we killed them all.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Declan

QuoteWhy is the tape coming out now?

It might have saved us if it came out before the Bank Guarantee.

Good question muppet.
Nothing to do with the close relationships between Anglo and FF no doubt

An Gaeilgoir

A mate of mine is in the fraud squad, he was telling me about these tapes 2 years, there are in total 2 years worth of recordings....a sort of insurance policy by Seanie to stop the blabber mouths hanging him out to day...... some of the conversations between some previous Govt. ministers, TD's and Anglo, according to him are unbelievable, not to mention conversations between bank officials and "people of dubious backgrounds" organising as he put it " Dublin Bunga Bunga Parties" for the high and mighty at the time......

Was talking to him yesterday, he tells me that Williams got the tapes almost a year ago, it suits FG that they are coming out not as FF are on the comeback and it suits the Guards to keep Shatter busy.................

Timing is everything.............

muppet

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on June 25, 2013, 09:11:22 AM
A mate of mine is in the fraud squad, he was telling me about these tapes 2 years, there are in total 2 years worth of recordings....a sort of insurance policy by Seanie to stop the blabber mouths hanging him out to day...... some of the conversations between some previous Govt. ministers, TD's and Anglo, according to him are unbelievable, not to mention conversations between bank officials and "people of dubious backgrounds" organising as he put it " Dublin Bunga Bunga Parties" for the high and mighty at the time......

Was talking to him yesterday, he tells me that Williams got the tapes almost a year ago, it suits FG that they are coming out not as FF are on the comeback and it suits the Guards to keep Shatter busy.................

Coming into the summer recess 2 years before a General Election? That doesn't add up either.

FG would have kept them for a couple of weeks before the election. Having said that we haven't seen anything involving FF yet.
MWWSI 2017

LeoMc

Quote from: muppet on June 25, 2013, 09:27:34 AM
Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on June 25, 2013, 09:11:22 AM

Coming into the summer recess 2 years before a General Election? That doesn't add up either.

FG would have kept them for a couple of weeks before the election. Having said that we haven't seen anything involving FF yet.
The start of a slow drip drip, but for whose benefit?
This only shows that FF were conned by their "mates".

supersarsfields

My guess is that whoever leaked the tapes didn't have possession of them before now, which is why they're coming out now rather a few years ago. 

Hereiam

Dont think it really matters because the Irish Population will just sit back and do nothing. Look at Brazil and Greece, if you (the south) had any balls you would be out on the streets showing your disgust for what has happened.

deiseach

Quote from: Hereiam on June 25, 2013, 10:13:32 AM
Dont think it really matters because the Irish Population will just sit back and do nothing. Look at Brazil and Greece, if you (the south) had any balls you would be out on the streets showing your disgust for what has happened.

I'm looking at Brazil and Greece. What lesson are we meant to learn here?

Declan

Lest we forget the events and timelines

http://awakenlongford.wordpress.com/2013/06/25/bank-guarantee-countdown-to-disaster/

Also as Elaine Byrne has pointed out we don't do prosecutions and our commitment to the adherence of the law can be seen by the continued underfunding of the offices  needed to pursue this type of crime https://twitter.com/ElaineByrne

In short we are a failed state and will continue to be so until there is a sea change in our mentality

Hereiam

Quote from: deiseach on June 25, 2013, 10:44:35 AM

Get up of your fat lazy asses and show the slimeballs that you will not be walked over.

Rossfan

Quote from: Hereiam on June 25, 2013, 11:01:42 AM

Get up of your fat lazy asses and show the slimeballs that you will not be walked over.

It's too late as the slimeballs have already walked us into it in 2008  >:(
And a fat lot of good protesting/striking/causing mayhem did the Greeks as they and their country is still in the sh1t.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

deiseach

Quote from: Hereiam on June 25, 2013, 11:01:42 AM

I don't see how Brazil and Greece demonstrate how getting off our fat lazy asses will show the slimeballs we won't be walked over. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong news sources.

Declan

I've come to the conclusion that the most effective form of action or civil disobedience that the ordinary people of Ireland can do is to refuse to continue to repay their mortgages. If enough people did that well then the consequences would have to be addressed within the next 6 months.

Rossfan

That's an idea alright but then the fcukin Banks will simply say " We need more taxpayers' money " and of course they'll get it because apparently we can't live without them.

These lads from the North roarin about " marching up and down the streets" remind me of an oul buck in a pub in a neighbouring town many years ago ( when I could be found more regularly in such places  8))
He was asleep at the counter and then woke up slobberin at the top of his voice " Time to shtop the boloxin in this fcukin Country. We should march on the Dáil "
The publican tould him to "calm down there Jimmy" so he promptly went back to sleep having done his bit for the Revolution  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM