The Big Bailout of the Eurozone (Another crisis coming? - Seriously)

Started by muppet, September 28, 2008, 11:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: highorlow on April 17, 2013, 10:13:54 PM
[ so the 100k increase is a correct statement then if the semi state workers are excluded.- NO
big big redundancies coming down the line so. shur that carry on and wastage can't be accepted in any business.
There will be no "big redundancies"
Public Service isn't a "Business".
It does the things no "Business" would do as there's no profit in it.
Or maybe you want the schools and hospitals closed.
Sure who needs teachers or doctors/nurses or the like  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

QuoteTell that to the additional 250k people on the dole added to the fact that the majority of workers have been hit with on average 25% pay cuts on top of the additional taxes.

Oh right. Can you provide even one link that shows 250k people added to the dole since 2010 or even one group of workers that have had a 25% pay cut, never mind a majority, since 2010. Or these figures just figments of your imagination?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Billys Boots

QuoteWithout any inaccurate disgraceful disgusting name calling (unlike you )

You started the name-calling.

FF got into power in 1996, that's when it started - I gave you the number of public servants in 1996; you seem to want to start in 2001 for some reason.  You said I was wrong about the 100,000 additional bodies in the public service; it was actually nearer 140,000 - the 100,000 figure appears to be the accepted figure, allowing for population increases.  Want to keep going??
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

seafoid

Quote from: Billys Boots on April 18, 2013, 08:55:58 AM

You started the name-calling.

FF got into power in 1996, that's when it started - I gave you the number of public servants in 1996; you seem to want to start in 2001 for some reason.  You said I was wrong about the 100,000 additional bodies in the public service; it was actually nearer 140,000 - the 100,000 figure appears to be the accepted figure, allowing for population increases.  Want to keep going??

the numbers are really awful

In 2001 the Exchequer net pay and pensions bill was €10.2bn; it was €16.2bn in 2006; €18.7 in 2008 and €17.1bn in 2011 - - an increase of 5.6% since 2006 and 67.6% since 2001.

The Department of Finance said in its Stability Programme Update April 2012:

"While taxation receipts in 2012 are projected to be just above 2004 levels, the gross voted expenditure of Government Departments and Offices in 2012, at an estimated €56bn, is projected to be 37% above the level it was in 2004, despite the very significant adjustments to both revenues and expenditure since mid-2008. While the gap between the State's revenues and expenditure is clearly on a downward trajectory, it remains at an elevated level and it will need to continue to be addressed by economic and fiscal policy over the coming years."

SIPTU etc need to wake up . It's 2013 now and the cupboard is bare.
If they don't chip in the most vulnerable people in Ireland will be shafted again. And there isn't much more they can take. It's not like the public sector is  uniquely gifted or even world class productivity wise either.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Quote from: Billys Boots on April 18, 2013, 08:55:58 AM

You started the name-calling. - NO I DID NOT

FF got into power in 1996, that's when it started - I gave you the number of public servants in 1996;PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHERE YOU GOT THAT FIG FROM SO I CAN LOOK IT UP TO VERIFY
you seem to want to start in 2001 for some reason.  THE FIGS I GAVE FROM 2001 TO 2009 ARE FROM THE MC CARTHY REPORT OF 2009 - FROM DEPT OF FINANCE WEBSITE
You said I was wrong about the 100,000 additional bodies in the public service; it was actually nearer 140,000 AH NOW KEEP A LID ON YOUR IMAGINATION  :D - the 100,000 figure appears to be the accepted figure, allowing for population increases.

Hardy

Quote from: highorlow on April 17, 2013, 09:37:16 AM
Can't believe the fools rejected this.

They will all get an across the board levy and cut now with the well off Civil Servants benefiting. I was talking to a girl last summer who emigrated to Oz 5 years ago, not because she had to but because she was sick and tired of the sense of entitlement people have in this country and needed out. Her point is well and truly reinforced by this vote result.

Indeed.

This will probably benefit the country in the longer term by breaking up the union cartel. Jack O'Connor seems to think that we can go to our lenders and spoof them that we can find 5 billion under a mattress and shur we are already half way there with the promissory note. He is some twit and a highly paid professional spoofer but his time is now running out also.

Quite right.
But ...

Along with the cut they should make all the ones over 55 at a certain grade compulsory redundant.

WTF??  Substitute "under 35s" or "black people" or "gay people" for "all the ones over 55" and present that sentence again.

highorlow

QuoteWTF??  Substitute "under 35s" or "black people" or "gay people" for "all the ones over 55" and present that sentence again.

What the phuck has that got to do with anything?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Hardy

Quote from: highorlow on April 21, 2013, 03:46:44 PM
QuoteWTF??  Substitute "under 35s" or "black people" or "gay people" for "all the ones over 55" and present that sentence again.

What the phuck has that got to do with anything?

You really don't get it?

highorlow

The Front Line Alliance, their own figures on certain incomes:

Psychiatric Nurse
€48,860

Staff Nurse
€49,501

Garda
€54,954

Garda Sergeant
€62,123

Garda Inspector
€68,746

Fire Fighter
€60,575

Executive Officer
€45,616

Higher Executive Officer
€55,415

When are they going to get real.

Rossfan

Are those figures top, bottom, middle of the scale for those ranks?
Most public service ranks get graduated payscale depending on length of service.
Or are you just building up to another ill informed ignorant rant? ;D

highorlow

QuoteAre those figures top, bottom, middle of the scale for those ranks?
Most public service ranks get graduated payscale depending on length of service.
Or are you just building up to another ill informed ignorant rant?

Check it out for yourself you clown. Straight from their own websites.

http://www.frontlinealliance.ie/Alliance_0_290.aspx?id=624

http://www.impact.ie/Your-Sector/Public-Sector/Civil-Service/Civil-service-salary-scales/Current-salary-scales--2010-/General-service-grades--Full-PRSI-.htm

p.s. obviously these don't include all the other add on's that they get such as un-vouched expenses, allowances etc etc - which conveniently enough when is proposed to be cut becomes part of core pay but when figures are published don't form part of the full core pay. its a goddam disgrace that the PS are about to hold the country to ransom when everyone else outside the PS system had suffered now for almost a decade.

armaghniac

Quoteobviously these don't include all the other add on's that they get such as un-vouched expenses,

Un vouched expenses? Are we talking about politicians here?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

highorlow

QuoteUn vouched expenses? Are we talking about politicians here?

whatever you want to call them. there are so many allowances I've lost track. the guards and the army are particular good beneficiaries.

Rossfan

Quote from: highorlow on April 23, 2013, 11:30:44 PM
the PS are about to hold the country to ransom when everyone else outside the PS system had suffered now for almost a decade.
Obviously you never heard of the 2009 "Pension" levy or the 2010 pay cuts.
The Private Sector ( not all parts) pay cuts/job losses started late 2008
A lot of the Private Sector have had NO CUTS ( e.g Senior Executives, people working for multi nationals.
As for holding to ransom FFS - get a life and stop the OTT drama queen stuff.