Similar colours

Started by befair, August 28, 2018, 03:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: sligoman2 on August 29, 2018, 12:29:46 PM
If my memory serves me right the only reason we changed from white shirts to black shirts was because we played Kildare back in 2002??  Anyway we won the match and said to hell with the white shirts, despite some shtye from HQ.

Why what did HQ have to say about the change?

magpie seanie

The rule is clear in the rulebook - unless there's an agreement between both teams then both must change. Most of the time they decide on a coin toss themselves ubt common sense does not always prevail unfortunately.

Estimator

Quote from: markl121 on August 28, 2018, 02:46:43 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 28, 2018, 09:48:06 AM
I remember a mcRory Cup final with both teams in almost identical blue kits. Maghera or Magherafelt involved. My head was sore watching it.

Wexford Galway camogs have played a couple AI finals too with the same problem.
aye the 03 mcrory in casement. was a sunny day too and brutal to tell the diffference. st marys in light blue against st pats in a darker blue. Remember it well because we were up at the half and didnt score once in the second half, might have missed a penalty too.

Yeah, 2003 MacRory Final. From memory, the schools weren't at fault. Maghera would normally have played in white jerseys when in MacRory finals. I believe the problem came from the sponsors who were supplying the kits for the final teams. They just looked at the school colours for each team and went with those. But it was a mess.
Ulster League Champions 2009

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: sligoman2 on August 29, 2018, 12:29:46 PM
If my memory serves me right the only reason we changed from white shirts to black shirts was because we played Kildare back in 2002??  Anyway we won the match and said to hell with the white shirts, despite some shtye from HQ.
Sligo originally wore black with a hoop

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: thewobbler on August 28, 2018, 01:44:18 PM
This happens all the time and it does my head in.

One of the many things that they've gotten right in American sport is that the away team wears a white kit, and the home team cannot play in white.

As a rule it would only affect maybe a hundred teams in Ireland, and would only take a few years for them to get over it.

Bring it in.

I think you've got that backwards Wobbler. It's changed over the years in the NFL, but in baseball it's always been a case of home whites, away greys. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Away_colours