We love you Frank Murphy we do, oh frank Murphy we love you.......

Started by SuperDooperCooper, July 13, 2007, 09:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperDooperCooper

Rebels in the spotlight again over O'Leary suspension

By Michael Moynihan
CORK GAA chiefs are back in the Croke Park committee rooms, launching an appeal against a one-month ban on Rebel defender Noel O'Leary, imposed this week.

Board officials brought their case to the Central Hearings Committee (CHC) last night, after the Central Competitions Committee (CCC) sanctioned O'Leary for his part in an incident in the Munster SFC final with Kerry's Paul Galvin.

The two players became embroiled in a scuffle in the first half in Killarney, with the Cork man caught on camera appearing to kick out at Galvin. Referee Martin Duffy booked the Kerry attacker on the advise of his umpires, but took no action against O'Leary.

The CCC now has the authority to contact a referee and ask whether he was satisfied with the way he handled a particular incident, with video evidence, in most cases, to be supplied to the referee.

If the referee decides that he's satisfied with how he dealt with the incident when it occurred then the matter will be dropped, but if not, then the CCC has the right to pursue a case and propose a suspension where they feel necessary.

The new powers came in the wake of its controversial handling of the row between Cork and Clare players before the Munster SHC first round game in May. Delays in hearing the case and subsequent appeals that went all the way to the Disputes Resolution Authority (DRA) meant that three of the Cork players remained in the dark if they were eligible to play in the Munster semi-final against Waterford until the night before the game, when they were finally ruled out.

Kerry Mike

Noel O'Leary gets done and is out for the next Cork game, over to you Frank.

Whats odds he gets him off.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

slow corner back

Given the furore over the hurlers and Frank Murphys attempts to pick holes in the hurling qualifier set up I suspect that Mr Murphy has got Mr Brennans back up. Like everyone else we will have to wait and see but if I had to place a bet it would be that the suspension is upheld. Personally I do not like to see players who clearly break the rules like McMenamin, McKeever etc,etc get off on technicalities so I hope he gets his ban.

Lone Shark