we need a number one

Started by lawnseed, January 26, 2015, 07:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Armagh goalie quits..  Or jumps or is pushed..
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

never kickt a ball

Don't worry. There's a Tyrone man waiting in the wings.

http://www.sportsfile.com/id/316955/

A very good keeper too!

T Fearon

Disgraceful amount of abuse Mc Evoy got last week,probably contributed to his decision >:( a Remember his super save against Roscommon last year.A more than competent goalkeeper that we may well regret losing.

Throw ball

Quote from: never kickt a ball on January 26, 2015, 08:03:38 PM
Don't worry. There's a Tyrone man waiting in the wings.

http://www.sportsfile.com/id/316955/

A very good keeper too!

He comes from a staunch Armagh family though.

As Tony says though the next Armagh keeper will need a strong back bone

bennydorano

JoG2

Quote from: T Fearon on January 26, 2015, 08:42:13 PM
Disgraceful amount of abuse Mc Evoy got last week,probably contributed to his decision >:( a Remember his super save against Roscommon last year.A more than competent goalkeeper that we may well regret losing.

Id agree. And I'd hazard a guess that most firing the shots couldn't run the length of a field, never mind spend most of their day and night in preparation for county duty

bennydorano

And this effects your ability to deliver an opinion in what way?

It's a bit of a never speak ill of the dead situation now, but should Armagh folk have kept quiet & pretended he was top drawer? I didn't see any personal abuse comments myself, plenty of criticism yes.

T Fearon

He proved himself to be county quality.When a player has a poor game,as every player does occasionally,he should get encouragement from his team's supporters,not abuse.

muppet

A number of Mayo 'fans' managed to abuse Ciaran McDonald into quitting playing for Mayo for a few years. Thankfully John Maughan persuaded him to come back.

Some people really shouldn't be let near a game.
MWWSI 2017

onefaircounty

I'm sure he would be the first to admit that he wasn't great last year and he looked completely at sea on Wednesday.

That said the abuse he took from his own 'supporters' on a particular forum was beyond anything I've ever witnessed and ridiculously over the top.

Not surprised he walked away.

regal

Best of luck to him

Full credit to him for his statement

No obvious choice to replace him although I would imagine both geoghegan & Harney will get at least a couple of league games each.

Throw ball

Quote from: onefaircounty on January 26, 2015, 10:01:41 PM
I'm sure he would be the first to admit that he wasn't great last year and he looked completely at sea on Wednesday.

That said the abuse he took from his own 'supporters' on a particular forum was beyond anything I've ever witnessed and ridiculously over the top.

Not surprised he walked away.

Sad but true.

Throw ball

Quote from: regal on January 26, 2015, 11:42:12 PM
Best of luck to him

Full credit to him for his statement

No obvious choice to replace him although I would imagine both geoghegan & Harney will get at least a couple of league games each.

The county has now got 'only' 5 keepers in the squad! I would think Geoghegan is the front runner but is injured for Sunday. Harney did not really get tested against St. Mary's and I do not know enough about him. McNeice is a good keeper, good with his kicking, was excellent at minor but may be abit on the small side. Morrisson is strong in the air and good with the ball. In contrast to McNeice his build may make him a bit less mobile. O'Hagan has potential but very inexperienced. Geezer has a tough pick for Sunday.

Orior

What about putting one of our fringe full backs in goals a la Monaghan?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians