American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

The Giants are complete idiots. Ridiculous. Steelers too. Absolutely insane.

gallsman

Mike trout is getting 12 years for $430m.

Gabriel_Hurl

Not that any player is worth that amount - but if any player is worth it - it's Trout

Gmac

Wsj report says Kapernick and Reid only got 10m in settlement from nfl , would have thought more in the range of 50 , not great look for the people's champ kap

J70

Quote from: Gmac on March 22, 2019, 05:57:12 PM
Wsj report says Kapernick and Reid only got 10m in settlement from nfl , would have thought more in the range of 50 , not great look for the people's champ kap

Why?

I would have thought he did all right and both sides would be happy enough with the settlement. Collusion on the part of the owners is hardly going to be easy to prove for Kaepernick, while the NFL doesn't get their dirty laundry aired in public.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on March 22, 2019, 06:14:35 PM

Why?

I would have thought he did all right and both sides would be happy enough with the settlement. Collusion on the part of the owners is hardly going to be easy to prove for Kaepernick, while the NFL doesn't get their dirty laundry aired in public.
10 m between 2 of them ? In the nfl world chump change for him to buy new pig socks or new Castro the great humanitarian tee-shirts

Dolph1

It's 10 million more than they should have been given. A kick up the hole out of the league for stirring shite would have been more fitting.

Kaepernick was past it. He knew it. This was the only way he was going to get another big pay day.
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

David McKeown

Gronk retires. A great player no doubt
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Capt Pat

The Patriots won't be the same without him.

Boycey

No1 Duke could be in bother here...

gallsman

Quote from: Boycey on March 24, 2019, 11:22:13 PM
No1 Duke could be in bother here...

Brilliant game. Zion came up with the goods when it mattered.

TabClear

Quote from: David McKeown on March 24, 2019, 10:31:26 PM

You could easily make a case for the Pats having two GOATs on that team. His catch was probably the key offensive play in the Superbowl. Great player and brought a bit of colour to  the Patriots machine. HIs body took a serious battering over the last few years so probably the right time to go. A broadcasting career beckons

David McKeown

Quote from: TabClear on March 25, 2019, 08:11:27 AM

You could easily make a case for the Pats having two GOATs on that team. His catch was probably the key offensive play in the Superbowl. Great player and brought a bit of colour to  the Patriots machine. HIs body took a serious battering over the last few years so probably the right time to go. A broadcasting career beckons

I see there's rumours he's going to give the WWE a shot first.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

magpie seanie

Quote from: TabClear on March 25, 2019, 08:11:27 AM

Personally I don't see any TE that could be classed as better than Gronkowski. He was absolutely immense. I don't like the Patriots but Gronk is one of my all time favourite players. They won't be able to replace him with one person.

Capt Pat

The bears traded running back Jordan Howard to the Eagles for a 2020 6th round pick. As a viking fan I am happy to see him gone, it is a big gain for the Eagles. I don't understand why the Bears let him go for such a low price.