Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Down Follower

Quote from: Truth hurts on December 06, 2021, 11:01:36 AM
Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on December 06, 2021, 10:56:39 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on December 06, 2021, 08:48:51 AM
It is hard to know if Kilcoo were good or that Ramor team was crap. It looked like at least 5 or 6 Down teams would have beat that team easily. Hopefully, Jerome commits to the county this year as he has not fulfilled his potential at county level. Maghera looked good ut it is hard to gauge.
Burren looks unstoppable at u20, that is some hammering to give Carryduff.
It looks like a Castlewellan v St Johns final in the B competition but they are both amalagmations.
Is it right that Castlewellan are amalgamated with RGU and Loughinisland? No problem with them going together but why go in the B competition? Surely that defeats the purpose. Who's in with St Johns?

Yes I do not know why a club the size of Castlewellen would need to join up, and then play 13 a side

Castlewellan didn't need to join up, they had entered the 13 a side in their own right.
Neither DP or L'island were fielding so their players were free to play for other clubs and obviously asked castlewellan would they accept them!
The only issue is that after that happened they def should have been put into the 15 a side competition.

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: Down Follower on December 06, 2021, 12:42:49 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on December 06, 2021, 11:01:36 AM
Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on December 06, 2021, 10:56:39 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on December 06, 2021, 08:48:51 AM
It is hard to know if Kilcoo were good or that Ramor team was crap. It looked like at least 5 or 6 Down teams would have beat that team easily. Hopefully, Jerome commits to the county this year as he has not fulfilled his potential at county level. Maghera looked good ut it is hard to gauge.
Burren looks unstoppable at u20, that is some hammering to give Carryduff.
It looks like a Castlewellan v St Johns final in the B competition but they are both amalagmations.
Is it right that Castlewellan are amalgamated with RGU and Loughinisland? No problem with them going together but why go in the B competition? Surely that defeats the purpose. Who's in with St Johns?

Yes I do not know why a club the size of Castlewellen would need to join up, and then play 13 a side

Castlewellan didn't need to join up, they had entered the 13 a side in their own right.
Neither DP or L'island were fielding so their players were free to play for other clubs and obviously asked castlewellan would they accept them!
The only issue is that after that happened they def should have been put into the 15 a side competition.

Yeah that's probably where the issue is. I wasn't having a go at any team, the county board need to make sure groups are competitive and fair on smaller clubs in the competition.

Truth hurts

Most teams probably did not want to go into A as they knew Burren would walk it but the county board should have enforced it.

upandwin

Need to split Burren in two lads...there's at least a couple of All Irelands coming their way in the next decade...in 5yrs the two best teams in Down will be Burren and Burren 2nds #Facts

rosskarr

Quote from: Truth hurts on December 06, 2021, 11:24:07 AM
Does anyone know why the county board is trying to dilute the authority of the divisional boards. The East Down board is very strong and I wish Ardglass Ryan Kelly all the best in his new role who replaces Ger Connery who has been an excellent chairperson. I do not know why the county board has taken away the underage leagues from the boards. young players loved to play in South and East Down finals with the winner playing off for the county championship.
Are the Leagues not still South/East?

Johnnysboys

Quote from: upandwin on December 06, 2021, 04:23:55 PM
Need to split Burren in two lads...there's at least a couple of All Irelands coming their way in the next decade...in 5yrs the two best teams in Down will be Burren and Burren 2nds #Facts

Until they play Kilcoo..

thebar

All Irelands?? Doing what exactly? Can't be football they haven't done a big pile there for years.

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: rosskarr on December 06, 2021, 08:51:51 PM
Does anyone know why the county board is trying to dilute the authority of the divisional boards. The East Down board is very strong and I wish Ardglass Ryan Kelly all the best in his new role who replaces Ger Connery who has been an excellent chairperson. I do not know why the county board has taken away the underage leagues from the boards. young players loved to play in South and East Down finals with the winner playing off for the county championship.
Are the Leagues not still South/East?
Only at U11.5 (and below) and U13. U15 up was all county leagues

thewobbler

Your assumption is that the county board wants control, moreso than having little choice but to take control.

You may well be right too. I don't know.

But I'd prefer people were sure, before ushering in condemnation.

——

Similar with the comment above about the u20 competition "assigned to" the big club almalgalm.

If a team with no known history chooses a competition, and their registered player numbers suggest they're the right fit for it, then why would CCC intervene and force them into a different competition?

——

Not everything is a ploy in admin land folks.

I don't know.

Truth hurts

While Burren seems too strong at the current u20 level, one must remember that Kilcoo has not entered and they won the minor championship, narrowly beating Burren in the final. They still have to play Mayoridge and I do not think they will be letting them walk over them.

Truth hurts

Quote from: thewobbler on December 07, 2021, 08:50:56 AM

Your assumption is that the county board wants control, moreso than having little choice but to take control.

——

Similar with the comment above about the u20 competition "assigned to" the big club almalgalm.

If a team with no known history chooses a competition, and their registered player numbers suggest they're the right fit for it, then why would CCC intervene and force them into a different competition?

——

I don't know.

We all know it's about control. The u14 and u16 divisional finals were excellent showcases and ensured teams were not travelling stupid distances for games. The East Down board will not be going anywhere depsite what the suits that sit on the executive think.

rosskarr

Quote from: Truth hurts on December 07, 2021, 09:46:59 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on December 07, 2021, 08:50:56 AM

——

——

I don't know.

We all know it's about control. The u14 and u16 divisional finals were excellent showcases and ensured teams were not travelling stupid distances for games. The East Down board will not be going anywhere depsite what the suits that sit on the executive think.
Who were in these U14&U16 Divisional Finals?

Truth hurts

Any word on the new panel yet? Who are the coaches?

johnnycool

Sad news about referee Colin Murray from Darragh Cross who passed away today, could only be early to mid 40's at best.

RIP Colin and condolences to the family.

Truth hurts

Quote from: johnnycool on December 07, 2021, 03:05:03 PM
Sad news about referee Colin Murray from Darragh Cross who passed away today, could only be early to mid 40's at best.

RIP Colin and condolences to the family.

A lovely lad, God be good to him,