The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiempo

Quote from: stew on March 23, 2017, 07:36:33 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on March 23, 2017, 07:15:31 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 23, 2017, 03:43:59 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 22, 2017, 09:34:10 PM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/watch-irfu-release-stirring-video-on-our-iconic-stadiums-as-part-of-their-bid-for-the-2023-rugby-world-cup-35556158.html

I assume the GAA gave them permission to show Croke Park as part of the bid.
They shouldn't be allowed darken the doors.

Not only Croke Park but Nowlan Park, Páirc Uí Chaoimh, Fitzgerald Stadium, Pearse Park, McHale Park, Celtic Park and Casement Park will be hosting games in 2023.  You will be welcome to go along to see the rugby in any of these fine grounds or in Thomond Park, Ravenhill or the Aviva Stadium.

Why? They already have,.

If the association can make oodles of money and get copious amounts of free publicity for hosting games why not you draconian devil? )

The most ingenious part of heavily supporting the RWC bid is that if successful all those stadiums will get a serious facelift at minimal cost to the GAA extending their lifespan significantly in most cases.

foxcommander

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/watch-irfu-release-stirring-video-on-our-iconic-stadiums-as-part-of-their-bid-for-the-2023-rugby-world-cup-35556158.html

Not only Croke Park but Nowlan Park, Páirc Uí Chaoimh, Fitzgerald Stadium, Pearse Park, McHale Park, Celtic Park and Casement Park will be hosting games in 2023.  You will be welcome to go along to see the rugby in any of these fine grounds or in Thomond Park, Ravenhill or the Aviva Stadium.

Why? They already have,.

If the association can make oodles of money and get copious amounts of free publicity for hosting games why not you draconian devil? )

Its dirty selling your soul for cash.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

seafoid

Quote from: foxcommander on March 23, 2017, 08:53:58 PM

Why? They already have,.

Eddie Keher hasn't objected and he is the essence of manliness
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

magpie seanie

Last time left a slightly bad taste in the mouth for me because the situation was brought about by total ineptitude on behalf of the IRFU. Their stadium was falling down and they didn't act soon enough or weren't able to do their renovations iteratively like the GAA did so the GAA almost had to come to the rescue.

This time though the IRFU deserve credit for having the vision and determination to try to bring this event to Ireland. Realistically this is the biggest international sports event this island can ever host and it would be brilliant if we get it. Obviously it's totally stillborn without the significant backing of the GAA but our organisation will do well out of it and I wholeheartedly agree with the GAA backing the bid.

gallsman

Interestingly, Croker is the first venue to appear in the video. I wonder if World Rugby would insist on the final being held there and whether the IRFU could stomach it.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: gallsman on March 24, 2017, 10:13:24 AM
Interestingly, Croker is the first venue to appear in the video. I wonder if World Rugby would insist on the final being held there and whether the IRFU could stomach it.

The final will be in Croker if Ireland are successful. The stadium has to have a capacity of 60k plus for a final.

passedit

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 24, 2017, 10:23:09 AM

The final will be in Croker if Ireland are successful. The stadium has to have a capacity of 60k plus for a final.

What would be the story with the oul ten year tickets if Ireland was to win the bid? HE asked hopefully.
Don't Panic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: passedit on March 24, 2017, 10:43:11 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 24, 2017, 10:23:09 AM

What would be the story with the oul ten year tickets if Ireland was to win the bid? HE asked hopefully.

Not a chance!  ;D

johnneycool

Quote from: seafoid on March 23, 2017, 09:17:42 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 23, 2017, 08:53:58 PM

Why? They already have,.

Eddie Keher hasn't objected and he is the essence of manliness

;D

mouview

They could be brothers...

screenexile

Heaslip had surgery on a lower back problem today . . . the cynic in me would think that maybe he was never going to be included for the match at the weekend.

But Joe would never tell us a lie!!

Bord na Mona man

Having already coined it from the opening of Croke Park in 2007, Longford hurlers are going to absolutely beast it over other counties because of WC2023.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: screenexile on March 24, 2017, 02:14:24 PM
Heaslip had surgery on a lower back problem today . . . the cynic in me would think that maybe he was never going to be included for the match at the weekend.

Did that happen when he 'rolled his ankle' in the warm up?

screenexile

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on March 24, 2017, 03:41:12 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 24, 2017, 02:14:24 PM

Did that happen when he 'rolled his ankle' in the warm up?

That's the worse "rolled ankle I've ever heard of!!"

foxcommander

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on March 24, 2017, 02:40:27 PM
Having already coined it from the opening of Croke Park in 2007, Longford hurlers are going to absolutely beast it over other counties because of WC2023.

Just goes to show that all the cash they pulled in previously was well used to bring the Longford hurlers and the weaker counties up to speed. Maybe I'll change my mind about Eggy2023 ::)
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie