American Football, NFL, IAFL

Started by thejuice, March 18, 2007, 06:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

He played for the Toronto Argos last season in the CFL - he only ran for about 500 yards and 2 TD's

Mind you it's not hard to guess why he came to T.O.

thejuice

change of subject,how come a Heisman winner, Troy Smith gets drafted 5th round. I know his combine wasnt the best, but his numbers were impressive. Teams have paid out for guys like Drew Bledsoe and Rich Gannon, who if you put those guys through the combine they'd be awful.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Gabriel_Hurl

Heismann means nothing in the pro's

Ken Dorsey - where'e he at now?

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: thejuice on May 11, 2007, 08:51:54 PM
change of subject,how come a Heisman winner, Troy Smith gets drafted 5th round. I know his combine wasnt the best, but his numbers were impressive. Teams have paid out for guys like Drew Bledsoe and Rich Gannon, who if you put those guys through the combine they'd be awful.

Smith lacks size and speed for pro scouts. The scouts also question his decision and thought proccess while making plays. Remember the NFL is about three times faster (players speed/reaction time) then the NCAA. Until he impresses in camp or somene goes down he will be riding the pine with clipboard in hand.

Bledsoe and Gannon are proven and dependable vets so time does tell if a player can make it( ie.) Matt Schaub going to Texas.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

SeanSouth

Quote from: the onion bag on July 19, 2007, 11:43:25 AM
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/ATL/10259637

The Ger Cavlan of the NFL in more ways than one

I believe he could be in the shit over this,also apparentley some of his sponsorship deals are at risk. A stupid f**ker with too much time/money on his hands & a hint of the old "bad news/childhood friends" element about it.