Fancy a bargain - 60% off hotel stays

Started by balladmaker, April 06, 2011, 03:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balladmaker

Groupon have an offer on until tomorrow, whereby, you buy £50 vouchers for hotel rooms for only £20, so a 60% saving. 

Once you have your vouchers, from 2pm tomorrow, you go to www.alpharooms.com, select the hotel you want to stay in from 70,000 around the world, enter your voucher code and your sorted.

Check it out:

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/national-deal/alpharooms/320119

www.alpharooms.com

Anyone see a catch?

laceer

Groupon is legit - I get their vouchers all the time

supersarsfields

Thanks for that Balladmaker. Am a member of groupon but they send that much crap that I never saw this. Heading to london in a couple of months time so booked a few vouchers. Cant see how it would go wrong. £160 for a £400 voucher.

quit yo jibbajabba

really not in here to put people off;

i had a wee squizz on their fb page a while back, and there seemed a fair few complaints;
anyone much experience of them, are they ropey enough, or was it just a few vocal type complainers that i happened to read??

lurganblue

Used a groupon voucher at the weekend. 1 night stay plus evening meal, glass of wine and breakfast for two. £36. Stayed in millbrook lodge. Not a great location but a bargain nonetheless. No problems with groupon

balladmaker

Can you only use one voucher per transaction?

e.g. if the hotel was £100, you would get it for £50, with your groupon voucher?  I assume you can't use multiple vouchers for the same transaction?

tyroneboi

Yeah that's my understanding as well its only one voucher per transaction. I was on alpha rooms and proceeded through to confirmation you can only use the one code. Does anyone know if there is a time limit to use the discount code?

balladmaker

QuoteDoes anyone know if there is a time limit to use the discount code?

They expire on 8th June, so you need to make your bookings before then.  Although, the booking can be for anytime.

gawa316

Got this deal sent to me today

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/national-deal?nlp=&CID=UK_CRM_45_0_0_0&utm_source=Deal_general_newsletter&utm_medium=All_Cities&utm_content=Initial_Version&utm_campaign=Varies

Doesn't say anywhere if the prices are per person or not? I'm more than sure they are but it'sjust the part where they say 3,4 or 7 night stay for up to 4 people!

None of the phone numbers work so can't get though to their customer service >:(

Anyone deal with them before or answer anyof the above questions?

on the sideline

Anyone point me in the right direction here.

Got a good offer on Groupon for Lough Eske Castle.  First time using it so unsure how it works.  How do I redeem it if I buy?  Obviously I order and pay for it on Groupon site, but after that do I need to contact hotel and book through them? And if I do how does the Groupon discount offer come into effect, rather then paying full price offered on hotel website?

Thanks for any help given.

johnneycool

Quote from: on the sideline on July 16, 2013, 12:39:53 PM
Anyone point me in the right direction here.

Got a good offer on Groupon for Lough Eske Castle.  First time using it so unsure how it works.  How do I redeem it if I buy?  Obviously I order and pay for it on Groupon site, but after that do I need to contact hotel and book through them? And if I do how does the Groupon discount offer come into effect, rather then paying full price offered on hotel website?

Thanks for any help given.

Groupon will send you a voucher via email or the likes. Ring the hotel and you'll need to tell them its with a groupon voucher and they'll ask for whatever serial number is on it, not really too difficult.

screenexile

Call the hotel, tell them you have a Groupon Voucher and you want to make your booking. They will take it from there.