The Palestine thread

Started by give her dixie, October 17, 2012, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/bedouin-face-displacement-in-west-bank-corridor-regardless-of-israel-s-constructions-plans.premium-1.482595
Bedouin face displacement in West Bank corridor, regardless of Israel's constructions plans

Whether recently approved plans for construction in the E-1 area materialize or not, Israel plans to the relocate the local Bedouin population - against their will.

By Amira Hass | Dec.05, 2012 | 10:57 AM | 3

Ten Palestinian Bedouin communities living in the West Bank corridor connecting Ma'ale Adumim and Jerusalem  are concerned that if recently approved plans for construction in the area materialize, they will be the first to be harmed by the move, a member of the local Bedouin council told Haaretz on Tuesday.

But even if Israel continues the freeze on the development plans in the area known as E-1, these ten communities and another approximately ten communities living in the area - some 2,300 people - face displacement. Israel has been planning to resettle the Bedouin communities living in the West Bank, starting with the areas surrounding Jerusalem, in permanent settlements, against their will.

In October this year, the state told the High Court that it intends to complete this resettling process in the outskirts of Jerusalem, including the E1 area, within a year. Members of the Jihalin tribe, who are residents of Khan al-Ahmar, told Haaretz Tuesday that the Civil Administration informed them of their intention to relocate them to an already existing village near Jericho, which, according to them, is home to Palestinians from across the West Bank.

"We oppose moving there. If we cannot return to the Negev then at least we should be permitted to stay in the place where we have been living for decades. The place earmarked for us is already occupied by people. The Civil Administration told us that the residents are living there illegally, and that their homes (two stories high) will be demolished. We do not agree with other people being relocated because of us, and at any rate the proposed location doesn't suit us. The Civil Administrations' plan will put an end to our traditional way of life and will lead to internal disintegration," one of the residents said.

The local Bedouin council, established two years ago, expects the European Union, which has expressed its opposition to the displacement of the Bedouin communities in the past, will intervene.

Some 80 percent of Bedouin who live on the eastern periphery of Jerusalem are registered as refugees, from families that Israel exiled at the beginning of the 1950s from Tel Arad in the Negev. Until 1967 they continued to live a traditional lifestyle, of raising and herding livestock in the West Bank and the Jordan Valley. Since the occupation of the West Bank in 1967 the areas in which the Bedouin are allowed to move and herd has been greatly reduced, as Israel has declared certain areas of the land as fire zones, and set aside other areas for settlements. Over the past twenty years, the situation of the Bedouin has gotten worse as West Bank settlements have expanded, access to Jerusalem - the main market for their produce – has been blocked, the West Bank separation barrier has been built and the, Jerusalem-Jericho road expanded.

Israel does not allow the Bedouin to building and connect to infrastructure, and does not even allow them to put up tents to match the natural growth of their population. For the expansion of Ma'ale Adumim in 1997, some 150 families from the Jihalin tribe were forced to move to an area in Abu Dis that is next to a landfill site.

Last year, the Civil Authority was forced to suspend plans to build an additional neighborhood near the landfill, and to move families from other tribes to the area. This followed diplomatic pressure and a legal battle undertaken by the families' attorney, Shlomo Lecker, who showed evidence that living close to a garbage dump carries a health risk.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

give her dixie

At around 7:30 pm on Wednesday 12 December 2012 a soldier of the Israeli army shot dead Mohammad Salayme, killing him with two bullets to the body and head in the Salayme neigbourhood of Hebron near to the Ibrahimi mosque. Mohammad had spent the day in school and was on his way to buy some cake for him and his family to celebrate his birthday, when suddenly his life was cut short.

Another Palestinian man was shot with live ammunition and injured, he was taken to a hospital in the city. The Israeli military claimed Mohammad Salayme was carrying a fake gun, therefore shot him. Mohammad's father who rushed to administer first aid to his son said he saw no fake gun on him. Sound bombs, tear gas and rubber bullets were fired at Palestinians who tried to help the dying teenager.

The Israeli military closed off all the streets around the area where Mohammed was killed to prevent any journalists from reaching the incident. A car carrying four journalists was hit with several rounds of live ammunition and the journalists were stopped and forced from their car. The journalists, two from Youth Against Settlements, one from Reuters and one from Palmedia were forced to strip to their underwear in the cold evening air. The soldiers took their cameras and physically beat up the journalists resulting in them needing hospital treatment. A filmmaker who works for the Israeli peace group Btselem who lives close to the shooting was surrounded by 12 soldiers, beaten up and arrested. Officers from the District Coordination Office For Military Affairs informed local activists the cameras would be returned to them tomorrow after being checked for evidence.

The Israeli military flooded the city with an enormous amount of soldiers who attempted to clear the streets in a very aggressive manner, throwing sound bombs into groups of remonstrating Palestinians, shooting tear gas and rubber coated steel bullets. This behaviour only antagonised the residents of Hebron turning the tense situation into outright confrontation as clashes erupted throughout the city. The areas of Salayme, Bab Al-Zawiya, Qtoun and Dar Al Binzaid all echoed to the sound of live ammunition, concussion grenades, tear gas and rubber coated steel bullets. Clashes were reported in the nearby city of Yatta and in Dura.

Tensions in Hebron are rising as the Israeli occupation forces are using increased levels of violence in the city ever since the recent Israeli assualt on Gaza. Hamdi Alfalah was killed on November 20th and many people have been injured. Hebron will see another funeral on Thursday 13th of December.

http://palsolidarity.org/2012/12/israeli-forces-kill-teenager-on-his-17th-birthday-in-hebron/
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

seafoid

Israel is now sterilising black Jewish women

http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/israel-s-ethiopians-suffer-different-planned-parenthood.premium-1.484110

Israel's Ethiopians suffer different 'planned' parenthood
The revelation that Israel is sterilizing Ethiopian women adds to a shameful history of abuse of powerless women and communities.
By Efrat Yardai | Dec.12, 2012 | 11:15 PM

By Anshel Pfeffer | Dec.12,2012 | 11:15 PM |  34

It's hard to believe, but in Israel, in 2012, Ethiopian women are forced to receive injections of the Depo-Provera contraceptive. This injection is not a commonly prescribed means of contraception. It is considered a last resort and is usually given to women who are institutionalized or developmentally disabled. Yet according to an investigation recently aired on the "Vacuum" documentary series hosted by Gal Gabay and shown on Israeli Educational Television, it is also given to many new immigrants from Ethiopia.
This is not the first or only case where the state has interfered in the lives of people who have limited means of resistance. And as in other cases, the system that carried out this policy is extremely sophisticated, so it is hard to find a specific person who is responsible or a signed and written order. But the televised investigation, conducted with researcher Sava Reuven, found that more than 40 women have received the shot.
Depo-Provera has a shameful history. According to a report by the Isha L'Isha organization, the injections were given to women between 1967 and 1978 as part of an experiment that took place in the U.S. state of Georgia on 13,000 impoverished women, half of whom were black. Many of them were unaware that the injections were part of an experiment being conducted on their bodies. Some of the women became sick and a few even died during the experiment.
There are many examples across the world of efforts to reduce birthrates among disadvantaged populations that lack the resources and the capability to resist. During the 1960s, the U.S. was concerned by the increase of the population in Puerto Rico. In 1965, it was reported that 34 percent of Puerto Rican mothers aged 20 to 49 had been sterilized.
The injections given to Ethiopian women are part and parcel of the overall Israeli attitude toward this group of immigrants. During the 1980s and 1990s, thousands of Ethiopian Jews spent months or years in transit camps in Ethiopia and Sudan. Hundreds died en route to Israel simply because a country that is supposed to be a safe haven for Jews decided the time wasn't right, they couldn't all be absorbed together or they weren't Jewish enough – who had heard of black Jews?
In transit camps today, future immigrants enter a horrifying bureaucratic entanglement, which gives them the burden of proving they are worthy of arriving in Israel. As in the past, those who arrive here are not quickly released from the grasp of state institutions. They continue to receive "treatment" in absorption centers, where the children are sent to religious boarding schools and included in special education frameworks, while the parents stay in ghettos and the women continue to receive injections. We are told there is no choice. The repressive, racist and paternalistic policies continue unhindered – policies that are supposedly in the best interests of the immigrants, who don't know what is best for them.
This policy of total control over their lives, which starts while they are still in Ethiopia, is unique to immigrants from that country and does not allow them to adjust to Israel. Using the excuse that they need to be prepared for a modern country, they are brainwashed and made to remain dependent on the state absorption institutions.
The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee said the claims the women made in the investigation were nonsense. This reminded me of some other women who spoke nonsense, such as the mothers of the kidnapped Yemenite children or the Moroccan women who underwent "treatment" for ringworm. To this day, their words are dismissed as nonsense. If they tried to sterilize me or take my children away, I think I would be talking nonsense too.
The writer is a group instructor for women of Ethiopian origin on behalf of the Achoti – Women in Israel organization and served as a spokeswoman for the Israel Association for Ethiopian Jews.

give her dixie

seafoid

Quote from: give her dixie on December 13, 2012, 02:54:21 PM
Seafoid, their depravity knows no bounds.....
they are worse than Bull Connor and the other racists who ran Dixieland back in the 1960s .
Israel is really sick

Rossfan

Nazism alive and well in the rogue State.
It will continue in this vein while the likes of this bunch of racist fascist cnuts are around -
"The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee"  .

Fair play to Seafoid and Dixie for publicising these things and naming the Palestinians.
Usual Western media lick asres never name a Palestinian in case people would realise they are humans too.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

give her dixie

After Deadly Siege in Gaza, US to Restock Israeli Munitions

Israel continues its retaliation over Palestinian observer status

- Jacob Chamberlain, staff writer

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/12/12-9

The U.S. Department of Defense stated this week that it will now replenish all of the munitions used by Israel in its recent eight day siege on Gaza, which lead to the deaths of over 180 Palestinians and hundreds of injuries—a large portion being children.

The DoD notified Congress on Monday of the $647 million deal with Israel to restock the Israel Air Force (IAF) with munitions used in the over one thousand bombings conducted during the "Operation Pillar of Defense" on Gaza last month. Congress is expected to approve the deal this week.

The DoD said the deal includes roughly 7,000 Joint Attack Munitions kits, and 10,000 bombs of various kinds, mostly bunker-buster bombs, including 1,725 BLU-109 bunker-buster bombs, and 3,450 GBU-39 bunker-buster bombs.

In addition to the large amount of civilian casualties, the assault on Gaza also destroyed roughly 8,000 buildings and roughly $1.2 billion in infrastructural damage, according to Palestinian officials.

"The United States is committed to the security of Israel, and it is vital to U.S. national interests to assist Israel to develop and maintain a strong and ready self-defense capability," the Pentagon said in a statement.

Meanwhile, Israeli officials announced Wednesday that it will now withhold needed tax revenues from the Palestinian administration in the West Bank for at least four months in retaliation for the Palestinians' bid for observer status at the UN this month. The December funds transfer was already withheld.

Palestine won the status of observer state at the United Nations in a landslide vote. Both the U.S. and Israel were among the small minority of countries to vote no.

"The Palestinians can forget about getting even one cent in the coming four months, and in four months' time we will decide how to proceed," Avigdor Lieberman, the Israel foreign minister, said in a speech on Tuesday night.

Yasser Abed Rabbo, a senior Palestinian official, said earlier this month that Israel was guilty of "piracy and theft" by refusing to hand over the funds.

"Contractual obligations ... regarding full, timely, predictable and transparent transfer of tax and custom revenues have to be respected," European Union officials stated.

give her dixie

'Fake gun or not, I know I did the right thing'

"I'm not afraid for my life," says Border Patrol officer who killed Palestinian teen, after receiving online death threats.

With tensions on the rise in the West Bank on Thursday, the female Border Patrol officer who fatally shot a Palestinian teen in Hebron the night before said she is content with how she performed her duty, even as it emerged that Mohammed Al-Salaymeh was armed only with a toy pistol.

"It didn't change it for me, because in those same moments you don't have time to think or be confused. For me it was a real pistol in every sense of the word pointed at my soldier and it's my responsibility to act, because if I don't  kill him my friend will be killed, and I won't let this happen," said "N" on Thursday.

"After they investigated the incident it turned out it was a fake gun, but it didn't change how I felt about it. I'm happy this ended with no injuries on our side and I'm sure any other officer in my situation would have done what I did," she added.

N said that she had only moments to react and instantly got in position, finding a clear line of fire before letting off three shots into al-Salaymeh.

By Thursday morning, pro-Palestinian forums were awash with un-pixilated photos of N (whose identity in Israel is blocked from publication by the military censor) with her full name included. A number of these forums, including at least one Facebook page, were flooded with threats and calls for revenge against the border patrol officer.

When asked if she was worried about the death threats she said "I managed to take a look at them here and there but I'm not afraid. Of course they'd write things like this so I'd feel bad about what happened but I know I did the right thing. This is what they taught us, to fire at the terrorist in order to neutralize them, fake gun or not."

N, who serves in the Hebron area as a Border Patrol commander, said she was showered with compliments by commanding officers and that although she is supposed to finish her service in a year and a half, after last night she is considering reenlisting and applying to be an officer.

With tensions high in the West Bank after the incident, which followed a series of violent encounters between Israeli security forces and Palestinians this week, N said she is not afraid that someone will try to hurt her out in the field or in her civilian life.

"This is our mission and if we face a threat we know how to deal with it. All of us, the police, border police, IDF, we're all in this together to protect the Jewish residents and our country. Maybe there are threats here or there but it doesn't bother me. "

Police said Wednesday that around 6:30 pm on Wednesday night al-Salaymeh, who was celebrating his 17th birthday, was walking near a Border Patrol post near the Tomb of the Patriarchs when he caught the attention of the patrolmen. Police said after they asked him for his ID he began fighting with a patrolman and pulled out a pistol and pointing it at the officer. Police said he was then shot by N, and only later did police determine the pistol was in fact a fake gun.

Judea and Samaria police have opened an investigation into the incident. Violent riots broke out at the scene afterwards, as well as elsewhere in the West Bank. The IDF and the Israel Police went on high alert after the shooting and expected violent disturbances to pick up in the West Bank following the incident.

While Israeli media initially described Al-Salaymeh as a terrorist, Palestinians on Twitter claimed him as an innocent martyr killed by the Border Police for no reason. On Thursday, Palestinians on Twitter posted a photograph of the smiling Al-Salaymeh sitting by a birthday cake earlier in the day.

It has been widely reported that Al-Salaymeh's brother is Awad Salima Ziyad. Awad, who was arrested on December 17th 1993 and convicted of murder during a hostile act, attempted murder, throwing a Molotov cocktail, and membership in a banned organization. Awad was released in October 2011 in the first phase of the Shalit Deal.

After the shooting on Thursday, Border Patrol commander Major Gen. Amos Yaakov praised the conduct of N and her fellow officers, saying that they showed "the professionalism and determination that is expected of Border Patrol fighters."

give her dixie

Quote from: Rossfan on December 13, 2012, 03:40:29 PM
Nazism alive and well in the rogue State.
It will continue in this vein while the likes of this bunch of racist fascist cnuts are around -
"The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee"  .

Fair play to Seqafoin and Dixie for publicising these things and naming the Palestinians.
Usual Western media lick asres never name a Palestinian in case people would realise they are humans too.

Thanks Ross, they do indeed have names, and one thing I have always tried to do is get the name and age of anyone killed asap and report it. The west would like us to treat them as muslim terrorists, when in fact it is they who are the real terrorists.

What really makes my blood boil is the sight of Irish politicians, north and south, who jump on the bandwagon every so often when it suits them to show show support for Palestine. They do so at a time when the whole country is speaking out, and they use the Palestinian cause to gain favour.

Just recently a few Irish politicians jumped on the freebe junket train and traveled to Gaza. They used the trip to further themselves and their party and used every available opportunity to do so, and showed no respect for the pain and suffering of the people who suffered so much during the 8 day massacre inflicted upon them. Their actions didn't go unnoticed by the Palestinians in Gaza........

When the chips are down, they couldn't give a hoot as they put their "Special" relationship with the USA first and foremost. You only have to look at the reception the worlds leading terrorist Hillary Clinton got last week as she visited Ireland. Until a main stream Irish political party has the balls to stand up to the US and call them for what they really are, then their fake support for Palestine is as hollow as the Port Tunnel.

give her dixie

Israelis shoot Palestinian at funeral for slain boy

HEBRON/NABLUS, Palestine: Israeli forces shot and seriously wounded a 16-year-old Palestinian Thursday in Hebron, medics said, as thousands mourned the death of another teenager killed by Israeli forces. Medical officials told AFP that Nasser Sharabani was undergoing surgery in a Hebron hospital after being hit in the chest by gunfire.

They did not know the circumstances of the shooting, but the West Bank city has been rocked by protests since Mohammad Ziad Sulaima, also 16, was shot dead Wednesday evening at an Israeli checkpoint in Hebron.

Palestinian medical officials said that since Thursday morning 90 Palestinians had been treated after clashes with Israeli forces – 68 suffering from tear gas inhalation, 21 injured by rubber bullets and Sharabani.

Wednesday's shooting of 17-year-old Mohammad Sulaima has raised tensions in Hebron, where several hundred ultra-nationalist Jewish settlers live in heavily fortified enclaves in the midst of more than 180,000 Palestinians.

The shooting occurred near a holy site known to Jews as the Cave of the Patriarchs and to Muslims as the Ibrahimi Mosque. Tradition holds that it is the place where their shared patriarch, Ibrahim, bought a burial plot.

Israeli police said Sulaima, who died on his birthday, was shot after threatening border policemen in the city with a weapon, which turned out to be a toy. Clashes erupted after Sulaima's death, and continued throughout Thursday.

Sulaima's uncle, Nasser, told AFP that the Israeli version of his nephew's death was "a fabrication."

The Palestinian Center for Human Rights said its preliminary probe showed that Israeli forces "at the checkpoint were detaining a child, who had a plastic pistol" as Sulaima approached.

When he reached the checkpoint, an Israeli border policewoman "fired at him from a close range ... he was hit by three bullets," the group said.

After the incident, Palestinian activists identified the border policewoman and posted pictures of her on social media networks.

Israeli activists also posted pictures of the woman, praising her actions, as she told the Jerusalem Post daily she had no qualms about the incident.

"I'm happy this ended with no injuries on our side and I'm sure any other officer in my situation would have done what I did," she said.

Thousands joined Thursday's funeral procession, praising God and vowing revenge. "Our blood will redeem the martyr," the crowd chanted.

Sulaima's body was wrapped in a green Hamas shroud as it was carried on a stretcher through the streets. Dozens of people held green Hamas flags aloft during the procession. Sulaima's family is known to support Hamas, and his brother was released last year in a prisoner swap between Hamas and Israel that freed an Israeli soldier held for five years in Gaza.

Thousands also marched in a rare Hamas rally in the northern West Bank city of Nablus, celebrating the group's "victory" over Israel in Gaza.

The rally was the first time that the West Bank's ruling Palestinian Authority – which is dominated by the Fatah faction, Hamas' bitter rival – has allowed such a gathering since 2007.

It comes as the two movements, which dominate the Palestinian political scene, take tentative steps toward restarting a fraught reconciliation process, which has stalled in the past year.

An AFP correspondent said at least 5,000 people took part in the celebration, which also marked 25 years since the establishment of the Islamist group which rules the Gaza Strip.

Despite an overcast sky, the mood was exuberant, with enthusiastic youths waving the green flag of Hamas as a procession left the city's Al-Nasser Mosque.

"Our message is that Hamas is here, on the ground and in the heart of our people," Hamas MP Hosni al-Burini told AFP.

Yussef Iqtishaat, a teenager attending the rally with his family, was among those eagerly brandishing the movement's flag. "It's a great day thanks to the victory in Gaza," he told AFP.

"We are with Hamas, you are the gun and we are the ammunition," one banner said.

Some people also carried wooden models of the rockets fired by Hamas and other Gaza groups at Israel during the eight-day conflict last month.

Among those speaking at the rally was Amin Maqbul, secretary-general of Fatah's revolutionary council who saluted the rival movement.

"Hamas has given thousands of martyrs, prisoners and wounded for Palestine," he said to roars or approval, adding that Fatah head and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas would soon hold reconciliation talks with Hamas's chief-in-exile.

"There will soon be a meeting in Cairo between Abu Mazen [Abbas] and Khaled Meshaal to complete the reconciliation and this will be a historic day," he assured the audience.

Speaking to AFP, Hamas MP Hosni al-Burini called on the PA "to intensify its efforts for national unity."

Read more: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle-East/2012/Dec-14/198424-israelis-shoot-palestinian-at-funeral-for-slain-boy.ashx#ixzz2EyfIG4bl
(The Daily Star :: Lebanon News :: http://www.dailystar.com.lb)

seafoid

Israel is run by violent bigoted tramps. Always has been.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/lieberman-invokes-the-holocaust-to-slam-europe-s-israel-policy.premium-1.484168

"It is untenable," he (Israeli Foreign Minister Lieberman) said, "to have a situation in which that soldier in Hebron gets punched by a Palestinian policemen and the Palestinian policeman remains alive after that."

give her dixie

A bit of good news for a change.......

http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/new-zealands-national-pension-fund-dumps-israeli-firms-building-illegal

New Zealand's national pension fund dumps Israeli firms building "illegal" settlements, wall

New Zealand's $20 billion national pension fund has divested from three Israeli companies because of their direct involvement in building settlements and the annexation wall in the Israeli-occupied West Bank.

In a statement posted on its website on 12 December, the New Zealand Superannuation Fund announced that shares in Africa Israel and its subsidiary Danya Cebus and Shikun & Binui had all been sold "because of their involvement in the construction of Israeli settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territories."

Shikun & Binui is Israel's largest real estate development firm.

Elbit Systems Limited was also divested from "because of its involvement in the construction of the Separation Barrier in the Occupied Palestinian Territories," which, as the statement notes, "has been cited as illegal under international law."

Illegality of Israel's actions "central" to New Zealand decision

The total value of shares the fund had held in the three companies was relatively small – about $50,000 – however, it is significant that the illegality of Israeli practices in which the companies were involved was "central" to the decision to sell them, as the Fund's statement said:

Findings by the United Nations that the Separation Barrier and settlement activities were illegal under international law were central to the Fund's decision to exclude the companies, said Manager, Responsible Investment Anne-Maree O'Connor.

The Fund also factored in votes by New Zealand for UN Security Council resolutions demanding the cessation and dismantling of the Separation Barrier, and the cessation of Israeli settlement activities in the Occupied Palestinian Territories.

The Fund also viewed the companies' activities to be inconsistent with the UN Global Compact, the key benchmark against which the Fund measures corporate behaviour.

The action by the New Zealand fund – the equivalent of the US Social Security Administration – follows earlier decisions by Norway's state pension fund to divest from the same companies.

Last week, Elbit Systems, a major Israeli arms manufacturer, pulled out of an international aerospace convention in France following protests by Palestine solidarity activists.

Campaign to tell hunger charity City Harvest to disavow funding from Africa Israel owner

Africa Israel, owned by Lev Leviev, among other things a conflict diamond tycoon, has also long been the target of successful activist campaigns.

This week Adalah-NY launched a campaign to tell City Harvest, a charity that works to alleviate hunger in New York City, to disavow funding from Leviev. "Alleviating hunger in New York City by legitimizing a contributor to poverty and hunger in other countries contradicts the spirit of social justice," Adalah-NY said in a message it urged people to send through its website to City Harvest Executive Director Jilly Stephens.

give her dixie

The Zionist Embassy in Dublin sends out their message of hate for Christmas.....

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1217/breaking53.html

Israeli embassy removes Facebook post

The Israeli embassy in Dublin has apologised for a post on its Facebook page which said if Mary and Jesus were alive today they would "probably end up being lynched in Bethlehem by hostile Palestinians".

The post, which was made on the Israel in Ireland Facebook page at about lunchtime today, showed a picture of Mary and Jesus. It was accompanied by the comment:

"A thought for Christmas...If Jesus and mother Mary were alive today, they would, as Jews without security, probably end up being lynched in Bethlehem by hostile Palestinians.

Just a thought......."

By 3 pm it had 20 'likes', though several comments expressed distaste for the post.

Among them was one saying: !Have you no regard for honesty whatsoever? If Jesus & Mary were alive today, they would be protesting against the Israeli occupation of Palestine, along with all the Palestinian Christians currently living in Bethlehem.!

The post was reported in the major Israeli on-line news site, Haaretz as well as on the Washington Post site today.

When contacted a spokesman for the embassy confirmed the page was an official embassy site. Asked who posted to it he said: "Different members of staff at the embassy post to it."

He then asked if The Irish Times was doing a piece on it and was told it was a possibility.

The post was removed about half an hour later and replaced with a statement.

"To whom it may concern: An image of Jesus and Mary with a derogatory comment about Palestinians was posted without the consent of the administrator of the Facebook page. We have removed the post in question immediately.Apologies to anyone who may have been offended. Merry Christmas!"

A spokeswoman for the Ireland Palestine Solidarity Campaign described the original post as "outrageous and extremely cynical, but not surprising".

"The fact that it was published on a site representing the Israeli state is particularly appalling. It is indicative of the racism that underpins the whole Zionist project."

The Department of Foreign Affairs declined to comment.

seafoid

Quote from: give her dixie on December 17, 2012, 10:46:32 PM
The Zionist Embassy in Dublin sends out their message of hate for Christmas.....

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1217/breaking53.html

Israeli embassy removes Facebook post

The Israeli embassy in Dublin has apologised for a post on its Facebook page which said if Mary and Jesus were alive today they would "probably end up being lynched in Bethlehem by hostile Palestinians".

The post, which was made on the Israel in Ireland Facebook page at about lunchtime today, showed a picture of Mary and Jesus. It was accompanied by the comment:

"A thought for Christmas...If Jesus and mother Mary were alive today, they would, as Jews without security, probably end up being lynched in Bethlehem by hostile Palestinians.

Just a thought......."

By 3 pm it had 20 'likes', though several comments expressed distaste for the post.

Among them was one saying: !Have you no regard for honesty whatsoever? If Jesus & Mary were alive today, they would be protesting against the Israeli occupation of Palestine, along with all the Palestinian Christians currently living in Bethlehem.!

The post was reported in the major Israeli on-line news site, Haaretz as well as on the Washington Post site today.

When contacted a spokesman for the embassy confirmed the page was an official embassy site. Asked who posted to it he said: "Different members of staff at the embassy post to it."

He then asked if The Irish Times was doing a piece on it and was told it was a possibility.

The post was removed about half an hour later and replaced with a statement.

"To whom it may concern: An image of Jesus and Mary with a derogatory comment about Palestinians was posted without the consent of the administrator of the Facebook page. We have removed the post in question immediately.Apologies to anyone who may have been offended. Merry Christmas!"

A spokeswoman for the Ireland Palestine Solidarity Campaign described the original post as "outrageous and extremely cynical, but not surprising".

"The fact that it was published on a site representing the Israeli state is particularly appalling. It is indicative of the racism that underpins the whole Zionist project."

The Department of Foreign Affairs declined to comment.
Judaism is in a really bad way. Zionism is dragging it through the mud and nobody does anything about it.   

seafoid

http://rudepundit.blogspot.ch/2012/12/away-in-manger-2012-mere-42-miles.html

A mere 42 miles separates the Gaza town of Beit Lahiya from Bethlehem, the city where Christian legend says that a virgin, led by a star, gave birth to the child of God in a place fit for animals. Two thousand years, 42 miles. The family up there was photographed yesterday, just 12 days before the supposed birthday of the Muslim prophet Jesus.